[Titles] Suggestion ~~

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Ryan :), Feb 23, 2017.

1. Ryan :)

Ryan :) Emerald

Hello, It's me mrcat99999! I've decided to ask if you can possibly add Titles to the shop for an amount of in game gold. I believe that some players might enjoy it a little bit more if you could add some Titles like [The feared] or something like that, and make it cost 10k in game currency, instead of having to Pay irl money, or even applying for staff positioning for a cool title.

• Like Like x 6
  2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

This actually isn't a bad suggestion.

We could have purchasable titles, and leave the username color to indicate rank (except for staff maybe).

Don't understand what you mean about applying for staff position though?

3. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1

4. Ryan :)

Helix, I meant how when you apply for staff and you get the blue name color. But instead it should stay white/gray color that it is now.

5. StrayHunter

StrayHunter Emerald

+1
    [Security Squad]˜satanicha has joined the server.

6. Ryan :)

7. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

It's a possibility, though replacing the rank color would probably not happen. If anything the name would remain the rank color.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

What if titles were unlocked by place on the leaderboard, rather than currency? Or unlocked for purchase in relation to skills from McMMO?

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  9. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I like the idea of whole parties using a title. This would prevent that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Juice Juice™

Then make the titles available the sum of titles available are determined by individual party member's skills or rank. That way, titles actually have some form of meaning.

11. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Err, can I expand on this? I think a better way of adding titles would be to tie 'achievements' to unlock each and everyone, don't know how hard it would be to implement. For example:

Lumberjack: Acquire McMMO level 200 in woodcutting
    Squabbler: Kill 100 players
    Spammer: Send 1000 messages in chat
    God-Killer: Kill Disruptionz/Highwon

Obviously some of these may be impossible due to minecraft's limitations, but checking mcMMO levels shouldn't be hard to award players with certain titles. I feel like custom titles may feel slightly out of place(and may be inappropriate) completely and this would be a better system that's rewarding and fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Juice Juice™

I actually made a thread about something like this, though it was a little messily written :/

13. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

if mcmmoskill.archery >= 1000
    >then return custom.title "Katniss Everdeen"

(I don't know how to code, but seems simple enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

• Funny Funny x 1

14. Might be fun to change between titles to whatever you'd like, maybe not custom titles but maybe a customization option like what we have with hats, trails and other sort of cosmetics.

Possibly a rare chance of getting cool titles from Premium Crates? I think it would be cool if we added it in. While also making it an option for players if they don't want a title or do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Thing is, you would need to code a menu to select which one to wear and what ones are available to you, and maybe be able to explore how you can earn the ones you want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

You could just have a chat menu instead of a popup menu like with trails. I mean, the titles are just text after all.

/titles list
    could list them
    /titles mine
    could show you the ones you've earned
    /titles [title]
    the name from the list above, could show you how to earn it
    /titles use [title]
    would select it as your active title

the harder part would be tying in with the appropriate channels to award titles. The menu system is by far one of the easier parts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

Shouldn't be too hard, since the current gadget plugin already does this it wouldn't be too hard to figure out. lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I like this idea. One idea with this is could be the group titles like [TheWalkClan] or [TheHomeless]

• Like Like x 1
  19. TLCFanboy

TLCFanboy (◕‿◕✿) VIP Bronze

This is actually a pretty great idea IMO. But honestly this would go with Factions as well lmao.
    If you're in a faction it could show the [Knights] BurstVenom title instead. Honestly i think
    everyone is starting to lean towards Factions, towny is shit.