Titles based on Skill/Leaderboard Position

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Juice Juice™, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the idea of Feat/Skill-Based Titles?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Yes, if modified

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

So, you spent hours grinding out your McMMO skills to be at the very top, you've hurled snow and shoveled with more accuracy than anyone else, pruned the tops off of more of your fellow players than anyone else, tripped into lava or holes in the ground enough times you need a fifth chest to hold all the heads. Why not be recognizable for such things?
    A swathe of titles, unlocked by skill or feats, would be a nice way to make yourself stand out from the plebs that surround you. There could be three tiers, Leaderboard, Skill, and Party, each fairly self-explanatory but distinct enough to strive for.
    Leaderboard titles would be available for those only at the top of each skill or feat. @Graze would hold most of them, surely, but I spent enough hours falling down that I am confident to hold at least one, and surely a few others have reeled in enough fish or chopped off enough heads to deserve their own. Naturally, only one title for each aspect would be given to any individual at any one time.
    Skills would be tiered titles titles that reflect some grandiose achievement that they have made in the world of McMMO. It would allow for a colorful list that I am sure the forum community would love to create, allowing for titles not only for individual skills, but combined values as well.
    Party titles would be like Skill titles, except they are unlocked for the combined value of skills (or feats) that the party possesses.

Did I overexplain this in some aspects while missing out on important details in others? Probably. But it's 4:00 AM in the morning and I got up early the day before. I'm sure we can have a perfectly reasonable discussion about it in the replies below/

2. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

I'd prefer WoW titles.

Don't know shit about WoW? Basically achievements give awards, some of those awards are titles.

How these titles work? So you got your display name, Example - Silent Artemis, you get achievement (Mine 100 diamonds) which rewards title "the Mining God" your name would then become Silent Artemis the Mining God this can now be toggled to your name and seen when people can see your name.

[​IMG] <------- Pericula got a title. (not my toon)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

That is pretty much what I'd like for Skill and Party titles, but with the added prestige of unique (to the top players) leaderboard titles.

4. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

5. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Imo, what you get for grinding is being on the /mctop leaderboard, and that's enough of a reward ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Considering only a very select few would be eligible for these titles)