This might sound weird, but how does one hack?`

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by stakkuu, May 18, 2017.

1. stakkuu

stakkuu VIP

I am kind of interested in the hacking aspect of computer science, like being able to bypass security, change aspects of games or websites, etc. Does anyone know any good websites or anything that could give me info on this?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Depends on if you want to go to jail or not.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

https://www.kali.org/

That is Kali, which is a Linux-based O.S. used for penetration testing. It comes with a ton of tools that you can use for things like that. I would HIGHLY recommend NOT hacking anything outside of like your brother's laptop or something. You'll go to jail for that.

EDIT: Should also mention DEFCON. It's called a hacking convention for a reason. If you can go and are interested in things of that sort, I would recommend it. It's a cool place, however I believe you need someone over 18 to buy your tickets. There'll be a lot of nudity, alcohol, and drugs there, so be careful.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. .shirt

.shirt VIP

I would remove that link as we arwnt a hacking forum

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

Kali isn't anything illegal. It's an OS used for penetration testing. Sure, it can be used for actual hacking, but that isn't what it's intended for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I don't rate dumb a lot, but I rated that post dumb.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  7. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

I think changing aspects of games is more like modding though.

But you can use dnSpy for modding/hacking/editing .NET programs (including Unity games, because they're in .NET)

8. oNathan

oNathan VIP

As I'm currently a Whitehatter I know alot about this topic, If need any info just send me a PM.
    Have a nice day!
    -Nathan

9. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

and this is for u, dear nathan

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. oNathan

oNathan VIP

Depends on what you want to do, hack into a firewall, DDOS, malware, etrotion ect.
    As for what type of hacking you looking for.
    I'm a whitehatter which means I hack for good technically but do know alot of blackhatting stuff (For the bad).

Let me add that you want to use Kali - Linux OS.
    Have a good day!
    -Nathan

11. Check out some DEFCON videos, it is a convention about security. Most hacking is just finding exploits or actually getting access one way or another.

• Agree Agree x 1