Denied ThePanda's Appeal

Discussion in 'Shoutbox Ban Appeals' started by Mr Butters, Sep 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    ThePanda
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:55560169
    Which Server:

Why you should be unbanned:
    Well, Firstly I was going through a lot last week and I allowed my "emotions" (because I have emotions ;) not) get the better of me at the time. I was sick of children blatantly lying about their childish ways to RDM. Secondly, I'm a well known member of this community and as you know in game I know the rules well, I stick to them and I follow them. I'm more then willing to take a 3 slays for 2 counts of RDM.

Shoutbox, ahh yes the shoutbox. I don't recall actually doing anything terrible in the shoutbox besides saying "Ban me see if I care" in caps, well something like that.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    Who said i'm innocent?​

2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

As a witness to the shoutbox ban, your final offense of harassment was towards me after asking you to calm down and report players that were breaking the rules. Your behavior of typing in the shoutbox, not with only harassment, but other statements was undesirable and caused disruption.

3. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

I am the one who banned you from the shoutbox.

You were consistently being rude and harassing other players, and going off on some people that did not deserve it. You also shortly afterwards posted a thread where you admitted to consistenly harassing players in-game and staff "not doing a single thing about it." Can you tell me why I should even consider unbannning you, when you've shown to me (someone who was doing nothing but attempting to help you and aid you in your return) that you are incapable of not being a toxic player? I really want a good reason, because you severely disappointed me last week. I had assumed you changed your alias and persona because you wanted a fresh start, not a garbage start.

4. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

5. Mr Butters

Well, for shoutbox ban.

1. Its been a week and a bit and I served the full extent of my forum ban
    2. If you went through the things i go through on a daily base and have no one to vent to you are going to snap eventually
    3. If a conversation is started between myself and anyone I harassed I shall apologise.

Secondly, the shoutbox "harassment" as King Husky decided he would call it.

1. I said nothing to anyone in shoutbox bar Mango and blatant comments to all staff about banning me.
    2. Me and @MangoTango had a conversation going about what was going on and I'm sure he understands and also understands that i was going through a few things and was just out of sorts. Sorry Mango.
    3. Said report http://www.seriousttt.com/threads/report-against-report-on-thepanda.12754/#post-109566 was harrassment towards player blackspiderman not the guy that reported me nor anyone else.
    4. Husky not once have I even made the slightest of comments about you or to you. It would almost seem you are attempting to keep me banned based on the reason you don't like me. Which I couldn't care less if you liked me or not.

6. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

All day you were basically insulting others and telling our staff team we didn't know how to do our jobs. You were practically begging to be banned from the shoutbox. You really haven't given me a reason to unban you yet.

7. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

@Bayleon banned you for RDM and Leave but he is no longer a staff member, so @Kenny will deal with that ban on you.

8. Mr Butters

Well, Sorry for whoever felt insulted by my actions.

If you must know, My father is a drunk that abandoned me when I was 1 but constantly harasses my mother, My brother is a drug addict that cooks meth about 10 metres from my room. My mother has gone slightly crazy and kicks me out of the house for weeks if I have a single cup in my room. This is just 3 small things in my life. My life isnt glamorous and perfect.

Secondly, I never said the staff didn't know how to do their jobs. I simply stated that I did something so obvious and clear in form of harassment in-game and no one did anything about it. I mean honestly the staff are constantly getting told by upset people that they should act on harassment. Out of 1 mod and 1 tmod it took 15 minutes just for the tmod to warn me. If I were you guys i'd be cracking down on staff to deal with harassment better.

I should be unbanned based on I served the full extent of my forum ban, I am no longer out of sorts. Also how often to I come into shoutbox abusing everyone for anything. The answer is rarely, I used to behave like a prick 24/7 about 2 months ago now. Since then ive been good 1 mistake within 2 months doesn't make me the devil.

Well, for the RDM side.

The RDM 1st was by @Darth West and he could clearly see I was out of sorts and I wasn't running around shooting everyone I saw just to get the ban. I attempted to take street justice and got dropped by a bystanding innocent. I simply dealt like around 50 dmg to someone.

The RDM 2nd which was globalized by @Event Horizon was on our very own @drunk dog he is a friend of mine and in-game no mods were on when this happened but Drunk actually did something that could be considered a T act at the time but i personally asked for the slay when blood/bayleon joined then left intentionally because I was set in my ways to get myself banned because I was "in a mood".

9. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

Your ban in-game will not be lifted. Your shoutbox ban is being overlooked by myself and my colleagues. Be patient.

10. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Let's address some of the points you made.

Shoutbox ban
    1) Punishments are given according to an admin's discretion. No exceptions are given. You had your punishment coming when you were being a toxic member of the community. The length of punishment is also determined by the admin who gave it to you. Just because you served your forum ban doesn't mean you deserve to be unbanned from the shoutbox. Using the shoutbox is a privilege that was provided by @Highwon. Committing acts that go against the shoutbox rules will cause you to lose that privilege (as was demonstrated by some of our admins)
    2) Just because your life is bad doesn't mean you can vent it towards other members of the community. Being self-centered does not earn you any sympathy from the players especially if you're just getting angry at circumstances that we cannot control.

Shoutbox harassment ban
    1) You were still insulting all the staff in general. There's no excuse to your actions and you are now facing the consequences of what you've done.
    3) It's still harassment in the end. If someone catches and a staff member isn't present to stop it, then you still bear the brunt of the punishment.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  11. Mr Butters

Guilty, I know how the ban system works.
    Im not asking for sympathy I don't want sympathy, If I wanted sympathy I wouldn't act that way i'd simply go cry to someone about my life problems, I was simply stating if you went through the trash I went through on a daily base you are eventually going to crack.

How exactly did I insult all the staff by snapping at Mango in shoutbox and saying ban me.
    Staff were present but didnt stop it.

Guilty, you are getting involved in something that has nothing to do with you. Its between myself, the admins and @BlackSpiderMan.
    You've basically stated nothing of general relevance to this appeal and/or nothing that I didn't already know or has already been stated.

EDIT: There has been several topics on the staff not dealing with harassment, Blatant harassment like my own in-game, stating that the staff are not dealing with it is more of a way to maybe get you's to pay attention.

12. Mr Butters

So 1 form of RDM and the other being a slay I requested and Bayleon had no idea about what had happened my in-game ban appeal isnt even going to be considered to be fixed to 1st offense and/or server based instead of global? thats a tad bit flawed but ok.

13. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I don't believe that questioning the staff's decisions will aid in having your appeal granted. However, I must state that you had multiple chances to change your attitude. I even went out of my way to privately reach out to you, but it appeared that my advice fell upon deaf ears. It has only been one week and think it's time that you understand that sometimes when you dig your grave, you should lie in it.

14. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Oh trust me, when you're insulting multiple staff members OR regular players, you are involving the staff (which includes the mods). So yeah, your point there is irrelevant.

And ThePanda (or Mr Butters), everyone has things that causes them a lot of problems. I have had past suicidal experiences (some of which have left me with scars) due to tons of stress (which I still get every single day of the week) and I don't complain about any of it nor do I vent in the shoutbox. You cannot just think that you're the most unfortunate individual in the world because there will ALWAYS be someone who has it a lot worse than you. Keep that in mind.

15. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

This appeal was NOT finished. @Dark Panther (KM), do not set appeals that are not yours to a state without reason. This is still under investigation.

Your shoutbox ban will not be lifted until I see proper improvement in you as a person. As for your server ban, it has already expired. I will NOW mark this as denied, and you may PM me personally if you would like any more questions.

Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.