The Silenced Pistol

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Dolph1n, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

Recently, I've seen an increase in the usage of the Silenced pistol. Previously, it was mainly used rarely as a niche t weapon, but now it's one of the most powerful weapons(if not the most) in the game, beating out even some of the Assault Rifles.

This isn't a whine thread, nor a "pls nerf op" thread, just merely a start of a discussion on what the community thinks about it.

My first thought about its rise to power is that it's maybe bugged. According to the weapon stats table(in the below spoiler), it has a recoil of 1.34, and the closest pistol to that is the HK45C. After testing out both, the SiPistol does't seem like 1.34, so my thought is maybe Highwon was editing it and accidentally made it .34 or 1.0.

[​IMG]

My next thought is that it's intentional. Maybe Highwon noticed how little it's used and decided to give it a buff to help it out. Seeing as no one actually uses it, I could see how that's healthy for it.

My thoughts now is that it's a bit OP. With 36 damage- up to about 60 damage depending on where you hit on the body(more than the SL8), and an instant headshot(the SL8 does this too), and a smaller cone(.005 on the SL8 and .002 on the SiPistol), I could see how by stats alone it appears to be stronger than the SL8. It also has a DPS of 94.736, which is increased to 378.9 with constant headshots, meaning in the span of one second you could drop 3 people and leave one guy at about 12 HP. This also means you can kill 12 people in a clip, which would take 4.5 seconds to empty the clip. Now the HK obviously wins in terms of raw killing power because it has a larger clip(20) and a smaller fire delay. The HK can drop 4 people in a second, and can empty a 20 bullet clip in 5 seconds, killing 20 people(assuming you hit all headshots).

So what are your thoughts on it, community?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ifavila

ifavila Active Member

This gun is the bomb.com it was always good since I've been using for a long ass time. See you think the stats are op but you're just looking at the stats and not how it works in game. Headshotting people is hard as balls because the hitboxes are terrible, I mean I've gotten direct headshots that never registered. You're going to get very easily noticed by someone with over half a brain when you start shooting people, and in group situations good luck "killing people with one clip in 4.5 seconds" because when people start getting shot they start spazzing out. For solo kills, this weapon is great. So is every other weapon that one-shot headshots. I use it because it rewards skill and because I always carry my team with it

3. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

It was underused because the MP7 was always better, but now its like "my other SL8 is a sipistol" lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

With the Mp7, you can deal 570 damage in a second, meaning you can drop 5 people and leave one guy at 30 HP, and you can fire a single clip in 2.3 seconds, dealing 1314 damage, killing 13 people and leaving one at about 86 HP. This is all assuming you hit literally 30 headshots.

With the AK-47, you can deal 625 damage in a second, dropping 6 people and leaving one at 75 HP. You can fire a whole clip in 2.4 seconds, dealing 1500 damage killing exactly 15 people. Jesus christ.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. ifavila

ifavila Active Member

In a perfect world, this is possible. Unfortunately, the mp7 has less recoil which means headshots are ez pz. The ak has recoil up the ass, which means you're not going to be hitting most of your shots. AK is good for 1-3 people at a time (Not accurate but from what I've seen this is the case), but mp7 is good for mowing down a whole crowd and running away unharmed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

The silenced pistol is a really powerful gun, frankly a bit overpowered in my opinion.

I don't know what it's base damage is, but it seems really high. It obviously instakills on a headshot, but it also seems to drop most people on a body shot in 2 hits, which seems a bit ridiculous for a silenced weapon with such a large magazine that uses pistol ammo.

In my opinion, it needs a base damage reduction. I think the headshot should still be a one shot, but the damage to the body and the appendages needs to go down. It should be a precision stealth weapon that rewards for getting headshots, but should have the penalty of not being so great if you just go for their body.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

People start using it now because its pretty accurate, and if I know anything it's that people enjoy their accuracy like their newborn baby. When the accuracy is good people will folk their bodys at it.

In my opinion, the only thing it would need is not a nerf in damage but delay, make it a tiny bit longer between each bullet so people with assault rifles don't feel downgraded and incapable of killing a traitor with the Silenced pistol.

Overall I think everyone should be using the silenced pistol as a traitor, it is just beautiful with a disguiser and a cliche traitor weapon.

8. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

silent pistol has always been this way
    get good and stop complaining

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Igneus

Igneus VIP Silver

I've never really used it, not my kind of way.

I prefer the @Koishi way and blow up a lot of c4's.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. What's even better than the silenced pistol is playing a round of TTT normally and a piece of shit named oG-ItzRebel records you and reports you for using aimbot and you get banned from all serious servers for a month. AND WHATS EVEN FUNNIER, YOU WEREN'T USING AIMBOT IN THE FUCKING FIRST PLACE! XD

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Twitharoll

Twitharoll Member

In my opinion MP7 is better gun than silence pistol because of its stability in killing, but I havent been using MP7 because it's too tryhard, same reason why I don't use a shotgun.

Also there is an odd satisfaction when you headshot with the silence pistol.
    The way a body fall along with the sound of a silence pistol fired...

Probably I just enjoy the assassination way with a silence pistol.

12. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

[T weapon] Silenced Pistol: "It's like a pistol, but silenced!"

Oh yeah and it shouldnt be killing people with 2 body shots wtf

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Everything about it is fine except it shouldnt hit like a fucking cannon to the chest. Make the base damage flat 35-40 or something.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. JackThePumpkin

JackThePumpkin VIP Bronze

For the curious that want to know how much damage the Silenced Pistol puts out on modded servers:
    Headshot: 273 damage^ (to show in perspective, most rifles do 200 damage^ to the head.)
    Torso/Abdomen: 69 damage^ (for comparison, the only rifle that does more than that is the Barret with 75 damage^ but at a way slower speed)
    Legs/Arms: 37 damage^

Which also means:
    Kills
    Innocents* and un-kevlared Traitors* in:
    -1 shot to the head,
    -2 shots to the torso/abdomen,
    -1 shot to the torso/abdomen and 1 shot to the legs/arms,
    -3 shots to the legs/arms.

Kills
    Detectives* and kevlared Traitors* in:
    -1 shot to the head,
    -3 shots to the torso/abdomen,
    -2 shots to the torso/abdomen and 1 to the legs/arms,
    -5 shots to the legs/arms.

Legend:
    *-implying you have no damage penalty (1000 karma)
    ^-raw damage, doesn't include kevlar damage reduction and karma damage reduction.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

I honestly believe that there should be no changes to the silenced pistol. Due to the semi-automatic nature of the pistol, it can be much more difficult to hit a target who is strafing, crouch jumping, or farther away. In those particular situations, the MP7 would be a much more efficient option. If you seem to be getting killed too often with a silenced pistol, try changing up your movement patterns so that you are harder to hit. The silenced pistol relies very heavily on the aiming skill of it's user, those players should not be penalized. The silenced pistol is a weapon that is only available for purchase in the traitor shop, of course it's going to be more powerful than a weapon in a loadout.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Lone Wanderer

The silenced pistol actually used to be complete garbage back when TTT was a lot younger. It's gotten a lot better overtime.

17. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

Are you referring to SeriousGMod itself? Or TTT as a game type?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lone Wanderer

Just TTT in general.

19. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

WHY DO WE NEED TO TRY TO BALANCE TTT WEAPONS

IT'S NOT LIKE YOU'RE USING A 10,000 CLIP MINIGUN THAT INSTA KILLS

Christ man. It's also a fucking T weapon, and sure it may fucking kill you in 2 fucking shots but the harpoon kills people in 1 hit (unless shitboxes). Insta-knife in 1 shot. Both of those in essence silent kills aside from a gun drop which would happen nevertheless from a silent pistol kill.

Like, hello are we going into the competitive scene here

Let's prevent all 1 shot kills ever. If a pistol like a deagle can one shot kill but an assault rifle can't then we gotta nerf the deagle too. Any sniper will eventually follow suit.

Let's also nerf the C4 because it kills too many people on purpose or accidentally too

Let's just fight each other with 1 dps crowbars and nothing else because we'd never be satisfied with the specs

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Sith Master

Well each server can set its weapons to whatever damage the owner wants. Has the weapon changed during its life in SeriousTTT?