Important The SGM Experience Survey - Post-Balance

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Opalium, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Hey SGMers!

With Wreck the Halls done - and more specifically the first part of our balance update - the gameplay in our TTT servers has changed a lot. While the reception for most of the changes seems to be quite positive, it's obvious we did not hit all the nails quite as well.
    As promised in the update thread, the balance changes are only the beginning of the "journey" for a better gameplay in general. Things has and will change as required. Balancing is not an easy process and requires a lot of tweaking and finer tuning, and we never expected it to work well on the first go.

With all this in mind, it's time for another survey. This one is specifically targeted for the different balance changes we made to our weapons, both in our vanilla and modded servers.
    I would appreciate it a lot if you could take a few minutes to fill this survey. We are constantly working to improve, and those surveys are one of the best ways for us to directly interact with you and figure what's needed next. The last two surveys were a tremendous success, and I hope this one will only improve it further.
    The survey can be answered anonymously.

The survey:
    https://goo.gl/forms/qeM21dYTcne8HJiI3

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    ~
    Opalium

• Like x 9
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

CONSULT GOOD PLAYERS 1 ON 1

AND SETUP A TEST SERVER

• Dumb x 9
    • Agree x 3
    • Confusing x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  3. TLCFanboy

TLCFanboy (◕‿◕✿) VIP Bronze

I did the survey, sorry that I couldn't give any input on how to fix the weapons. I'm not that great with it.

Thank you for taking my input into consideration, it's really appreciated. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

Filled it!

5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Too logical

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

In terms of the "improving balancing process", Making a Low Pop server the test server like I originally suggested might be a good idea!

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

+1

8. I did the survey thing. I accidently picked black aliens and couldn't unselect it. Forgive me for I have sinned

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

You clearly just want low pop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Who doesn't?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Osmium

Osmium Virtue VIP Silver

Probably invite more testers to check out the new balance weapons.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I think in the future it would be wise to get more people on board when it comes to testing. The more opinions and the more people you have to try to break stuff the better. I think you already know that though @Opalium

also why remove parkhouse it was community favorite :mad:

• Confusing Confusing x 3
  13. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Listen to Robo for once I heard he's always right

With that said bring on the ratings

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  14. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

While the overall goal was accomplished, I think we could do better by comparing it with other weapons as well and see how they can compete with them. That, and get a bit more data/opinion on the weapon balance than what you have normally done.

15. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Robo said balancing updates are not needed and therefore every dumb rating received was justified.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  16. Etched

Etched That One Gay Guy VIP

*People likes these guns*
    "lets make those guns shit so they use other guns"
    "but people likes these guns"
    "shhhh, they're gonna be shit now"
    "Well if you say so"

You had a good thought, you're hearts were in the right place, but my god..

And with all this balance, a shotgun still does 40+ damage from half a map away.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I said it already in my survey, but please do something about the healing death station. It is very overpowered and is only available to donators and veterans who spend a lot of time on the server. It is very frustrating to knock a traitor down to near death before dying only to have them go back to their health station and heal up to 100% HP. They can do this multiple times.

I'm not trying to say that it makes the server p2w, but it's hard not to tbh.

Before disagreeing with me, understand that I am someone who does not have it. I see the outcomes of rounds be decided by it far too often. And yes, a detective has one too, but this is because they are high priority targets. Traitors are supposed to be sneaky enough to not have to get constant heals.

• Old Old x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Thank you for your cooperation, SGMers. We received over 75 responses - that's a record number! I really appreciate it.
    We are already planning some additional tweaks, and this feedback will definitely prove valuable.

Once again, thank you!
    ~Opalium

P.S. I'll just put this here.
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 4
    • Dumb x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Confusing x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.