The Last Laugh

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Joker, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Joker

Joker The Clown Prince of Crime VIP

Hello there...

Well the time has come. Today I resign from my position as Moderator from the Serious Gmod Servers. A lot of thinking went into this as it was not an easy decision to make.

You see night time is when I play my video games and during the day I do my graphic design gigs. Recently I was offered a $750 poster deal. That's the biggest offer I have ever recieved! Working and stressing over this deal as well as some real life stuff has just drained the energy out of me. Basically i've been slowly losing interest in Garry's Mod. I don't know... It just doesn't seem fun to me anymore. Now I know i've been through this before and I went on a little hiatus, came back and everything was fun again. Maybe I just need a break?

TL : DR- I simply don't find Gmod entertaining anymore and I need to take a break. Which means I resign from my position as moderator.

This isn't goodbye. In fact once i'm up to it I might hop on from time-to-time to give everyone a hard time and crack some jokes.

I know this is the part where i'm supposed to tag people, but i'm not real good at that. If we've talked before I hope we continue to talk and remain friends and not strangers.

Shoutout to my #BugsLife and #TheK9Unit partners: @olivia , @Sly Blackhood , @FaeThorn , @Inquisitor Bubonic

@ant. : I don't know if you hop on the servers/forums anymore, but you were the one who originally gave me the chance to show the staff team what I got by picking me up and adding me to #BugsLife. I thank you for that.

@Husky : Before you became my admin you trained me while I was a T-Mod. You explained everything thoroughly and gave me different tools that would help me as a moderator. Once you became our new admin, you offered help/advice whether if it was in-game or IRL issues. Thank you.

Throughout my time as mod I had a lot of fun. I made some new friends and created new memories. Who knows maybe i'll be back in the cyan someday. Might not be for a long time, but hey you never know.

With that being said, I bid thee farwell. See y'all around!

[​IMG]
    -Joker

"You know, it's funny. This situation. It reminds me of a joke... See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum. And one night, they decide they don't like living in the asylum anymore. They decide they're going to escape! So, like, they get up onto the roof, and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away into the moonlight. Stretching away to freedom. Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend daren't make the leap. Y'see... y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then the first guy has an idea... He says, 'Hey, I have a flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk across the beam and join me!' But the second guy just shakes his head. He suh-says... he says 'Wh-what do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was halfway across!'"

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 15
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

Godspeed.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I WISH I HAD NO BONES

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. FoxPac ◢◤

FoxPac ◢◤ The Alpha VIP

4 resignations in one day :eek:

The joke "No mods no rules" is about to become a real thing soon :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Sly

Sly Onward and Upward to Greater Glory VIP Silver

Gonna miss you dude, especially when we used to fight for the second to last spot in golf it. How about I beat you at uno sometime? You have me on steam and I am here if you need.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Joker gonna make that cash baby.

In all seriousness. I glad I got to train ya and see you become what you did. You did good Joker. You did good.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. ant.

ant. I'm not your da da VIP Silver

@Joker ,

We had some good fun playing TTT, Golf It, and PUBG together. Take care, and i do hope your graphic designs go well.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  8. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin Banned VIP

Tell me next time you are in town for the rangers! Cya around

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. FaeThorn

FaeThorn Be friendly, You can always change someones life VIP

We will miss ya joker

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

See you on the flip side friend. Happy trails!

12. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

i'll be here waiting for you to come back

also im lowkey mad that you didnt tag me, we've been boys since keymod youre disrespectful

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  13. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Bless up

• Agree Agree x 1