The Disguise Kit - disguiser, but in TF2 style

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Cereal KiIler, May 5, 2018.

?

Do you know what TF2 is?

1. Yes- and I have played it

2. Yes- but I didn’t play it

3. What the hell is TF2??

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

The concept :
    (If you are familiar with TF2, just skip this section)

In Team Fortress 2, the Spy has an item called: “ Disguise Kit”, which when used, allow him to “disguise” as any class he wishes, both as Red and Blue.
    The enemy team will see the spy as the Class he decided to disguise as, while his teammates will see him normally.
    If he uses any of his weapons, his disguise will be immediately removed.
    You can read more about “disguise kit” here.

How it gonna work in TTT:
    In TTT, the Disguise Kit could be an upgrade to the disguiser or a separated item.
    When pressing the disguiser button (default “b”) , a menu will pop up in which the Traitor can choose who he wants to disguise as, or alternatively, would randomly choose the player to disguise as.
    The innocents would see him as the player he disguised as, while his T buddies would see him normally.
    The disguise would be removed automatically if he uses any of his weapons, or even using any of his items.

2. This will cause way too much rdm chainz......

3. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

I did not say it has to be exactly like I described it would, just the concept remains the same.

4. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Alright then. I'm just going to start off by saying that I don't support this at all.

There's quite the difference between TF2 and TTT.

While both require coordination between the players to reach the game win from either team, in TF2 you know who the enemy is and you can easily counter a disguise by simply shooting everyone a bunch of times to spycheck.

On TTT though, you don't know who the enemy is until they pull a move and you can't just shoot everyone you suspect to be disguised because damage is free for all and consequently everyone can have a KOS on their head if they do something traitorous, even if innocent. Which brings me to my next point: If a traitor does something traitorous under someone else's name, the person is going to be KOSed without actually doing anything and it will generate confusion on reports. And if it is like the TF2 disguise kit, then the traitor can just change disguise at any time, making every single innocent be KOSed for no reason.

Overall, this belongs only in a game where it's only 2 teams that are clear from friendly fire and can be clearly distinguished.

5. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

This works on small servers which don't have super strict rulings and are generally more relaxed. On our server though, with our very strict rulings on what is RDM and what is not, this would require too much work for something I don't know if I'd even enjoy.