The Corona-virus and its Fuckening

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Irish, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Grumble

Grumble VIP

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I'm a RN in Canada, and it feels like the calm before the storm. Over the last week or so our hospital has been clearing house so we can have open beds available to prepare for the inevitable influx of patients with COVID19 requiring hospitalization. We have less patients on our units at the moment, which has eased workload for now, but each new day I come in to work I wonder if today will be the day I enter into the front lines of the battle. Stay healthy everyone, and do your part to protect the vulnerable people in your communities by practicing good hand hygiene, social distancing, keeping yourself and others educated and informed, and getting adequate sleep to help keep your immune system strong.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. potential case of coronavirus in my neighborhood

4. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

UPDATE: Minnesota has decided that if COVID-19 has settled down in Minnesota by April 5th all students will return to school as normal, and all workers will resume jobs as normal. If COVID-19 has not settled down then all schools will give assessments via online and all workers will work from home.

5. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

I wonder how tradesmen and first responders are gonna work from home

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Frost

Welp 130 cases in Florida, the county I live in is taking the hardest hit, meanwhile all us tradesmen and first responders are still out there keeping people comfortable and well first responders keeping people safe.

Gov Rick DeSantis is forcing companies to pay sick leave for people who are infected with covid and I believe any cold
    And the government is giving people who are staying at home (due to the company being closed cuz of the virus), $700 a week.

I still think people are going a bit to far with it, but yano, is what it is. I'm not worried, only for older folk and health conditional people

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

I live in Saskatchewan and my schools are all getting shut down on the 20th. We arent even supposed to come in tomorrow. It's great for me cause I graduate instantly without having to finish the school year but also it means I miss out on my favorite class.

Tbh this whole situation feels like a movie or smthn. When it all started over a month ago I NEVER would have believed it would get this serious (despite it not even being all too deadly)

Edit: also I need to find a new job somehow because my work is shut down until september. Wish me luck

8. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Deployed from home amazingly

9. Frost

Yo pass me some of that black magic, finna make millions

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. LBPotatoes

LBPotatoes That’s so crunchy VIP

Won’t be any school in my county until after April 30th

11. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. .shirt

.shirt VIP

I went from university to da crib university lol. Our state is in lockdown in California, and my city San Diego cases had doubled overnight. I’m not worried about my health but I luv with several people in my family who have compromised immune systems. The virus doesn’t frighten me but it sure does when I hear 600+ people die in one place in 24hrs. Follow protocol take it seriously and you’ll be fine.

13. Frost

[​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  14. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Israel just had it's first death just a few days ago out of nearly 1000 cases.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Shoutout to those who really need TP and can't get it easily. My local stores have been out pretty steadily for the last few weeks and what they do get is hoarded by the seniors during the "early hour" most stores have adopted.

MSC, Grainger, McMaster-Carr. Look at the jumbo rolls, those are still usually in stock. It won't fit in a holder, but you probably have bigger priorities than whether it fits nicely. Not the best quality either for whats left, but things could be far worse.

16. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Basically all my college classes are online from now until the end of the semester. I honestly think there is much more work given out from my professors due to this change. Also I work at a grocery store in the frozen department and over a week ago things just started coming off the shelves nonstop such as pizza, ice cream, frozen vegetables, and especially toilet paper and it’s been a lot more busy lately than it usually is. Hopefully this will all die down soon enough.

• Like Like x 1
  18. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Well I mean:

All seriousness tho, hopefully Israel can control it by looking at how all the other countries are handling it.

19. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

You get a fine for going outside

20. Shelbutt

Shelbutt VIP

We're currently under a 'stay at home' order but since my job is working transportation (technically) I got a get out free note. most of the stores and food places around here are closed. I was planning on going to PA in August to see Rammstein...that's not gonna happen. And most likely we're not going to have a renascence fair this year either. We almost weren't able to bury my boyfriends dad either, this whole thing has fucked up a LOT

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1