texture problem

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Daniel Recker, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Daniel Recker

Daniel Recker Regular Member

hello
    my gmod had the non stopable downlaod problem for last 3 days now i have fixed it but when i joind the server and press f3 all the guns were missing textures and some other pictures and guns were missings textures and errors what should i do ? (yes i have downloaded the 4 packs)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
  2. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

hi
    [​IMG]
    Ok glad the issue I couldn't understand got fixed.

So you're missing textures and you've downloaded 4 packs. What 4 packs? Also, do you have CS:confused: downloaded?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Daniel Recker

i have downloaded 4 ttt jihad server content pack nad yes i have cs;s texcures its with the icons and some guns i'll put the images

4. CorallocinB

Can you link the packs? SGM doesn't require anything but CS:confused: to fix your texture problems so your packs could be causing errors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Daniel Recker

6. CorallocinB

So my only explanation for the errors are the packs were last updated Jan 2016 therefore any changes between then and now are not active in the packs you currently have. Granted I do not believe they would necessarily affect the guns and their textures (As in I do not believe all of those guns were updated b/t then and now), but it may be best to remove all of those packs and download the content by entering the modded server and allowing the server's content to be downloaded to your machine like so. I know the wait may be long considering you do not have the files anymore, but hopefully it works as that's my best suggestion.

7. Daniel Recker

done that but same problem :|
    i have downlaod dods guns might it be them ?

8. CorallocinB

1. Completely remove all of your Gmod texture files because it'll take even longer to nit pick which texture files are only relevant to SGM servers
    2. Uninstall CS:confused:
    3. Re-install CS:confused:
    4. Enter any modded SGM server
    5. Allow for all of the downloads to run (Personally if you rejoined a modded server that quickly I do not believe you caught all of the textures from those packs just yet)
    6. Return with results whether yay or nay if it worked

9. Daniel Recker

i have ad addon named THE TNB WEAPONS TEXCURE might it be them ?

10. CorallocinB

Im not familiar with it so I do not know the contents however it seems to fall under step 1 of my 6 step program so delete it with the rest of your textures

11. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Just a quick question, since downloading CSS, did you actually Launch it to complete the installation? If not, I don't think the textures etc will load up in Gmod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Daniel Recker

the css texture was for 1or 2 years ago the css has no problem this problem happend 3 days ago .

13. n0blerone

n0blerone VIP

I'm pretty sure @Rose♥ helped me with this

14. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Try verifying cache.

Iirc, you don't always need the content packs. It's there to help speed up the downloading process. Btw, most of the weapons used are part of m9k weapons, which may not be part of server content pack (I'll have to recheck).

Iirc, the last time we had this problem, the solution was to reconnect so try reconnecting to see if it's fixed.

15. Daniel Recker

i have done teh verifiying cache but all the files were ok :|
    please read my ban appeal i want to chekc if the texture is ok or not.
    and btw i have the m9k based guns (all for 4packs) and m9k tfa based guns

16. CorallocinB

It's not so much whether or not the integrity of the files are ok it's whether or not they are outdated.

You downloaded SGM's outdated content packs so any files within that content pack could be interfering with our updated content. If you're wondering how this is the case, the link you sent me if you observe the page closely enough you'll see it was last updated Jan 2016, which was EIGHT MONTHS AGO. So I highly suggest you follow my six step program that I will quote below.

I would consider this the absolute most safe method to fix your problem, but it's not the quickest. This is solely for fixing your texture issues. You start from vanilla Gmod texture files, improve it with CS:confused: (The legitimate steam purchasable game), and then download the rest of the texture files from SGM by entering the server.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  17. Daniel Recker

it is fixed

i delete those 4 packs and redownload them about 2 hours ago and it is OK :D thank you all for your help REALLY REALLY THANKS YOU GUYS

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. CorallocinB

[​IMG]

Glad to be of help.

But god if you redownloaded the same 4 packs and they worked then what do I know. :unsure:

19. Daniel Recker

i really have no idea what was going on :|
    its gmod xD things happen

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

i cant remember b

• Like Like x 1