Accepted Suggestion to Change rule on Prop-Surfing

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by [MZK]Lightning, Dec 19, 2019.

?

Good Suggestion?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  3. I don't know/No comment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

This idea recently came up during a conversation that I had with @Pacifist .

I would like the rules regarding prop-surfing edited to include the following stipulation:

Prop-surfing to where your player model is not able to be seen because of draw distance is prohibited. Your player model must be able to be seen by at least 1 other live player at all times while prop-surfing.

2. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

another idea could be
    if you can shoot it from anywhere you can stay there
    such as the lamp on mc dolls and top of lighthouse on mc b5

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

We should just remove all props from every map

• Like Like x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Yeah, lets remove richland and all its props!

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

There are two maps I can think of that have this problem: Village and Ship. The problem that I have is that the prop surfer can still easily be knocked off their prop by someone who at least knows their general position. Traitors can buy a radar, and innocents can't be held responsible if a traitor is prop surfing, they should be slain for delay. One could argue that it gives a significant advantage to be hidden, yet, they are ultimately extremely vulnerable to getting knocked down and killed. Even on ship where you can land in the water, you are still able to be sniped correct? Another thing I just thought about was merging yourself with a crate. Technically you can't be seen by other players, but should that also be disallowed?

I'm honestly neutral about this. I don't particularly see it as a big enough issue to warrant its own line in the rules, but I could be convinced otherwise.

6. [MZK]Lightning

That could be an issue with not only being able to be seen, but being able to be shot as well.

If the hitbox of the crate is bigger than that of the player, then it might interfere with shots being able to land and cause damage.

Players could use the crates as a form of shield if this is true.

7. Pacifist

We will discuss this at a meeting I am doing today. Thanks for suggestion I will have a response in the next hour or so.

8. [MZK]Lightning

Was there any ruling made on this?

9. Pacifist

Approved.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.