STTT, meet CS:GO. CS:GO, meet STTT. - CS:GO TTT Server Proposal

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Yawn., Jun 20, 2015.

1. Yawn.

Yawn. Previously known as Kindle, Books, Pages.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. I thought it had bugs. lots and lots of bugs
    (also, I think it's been suggested before)

3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Attempted to quote the post.
    Never attempt to quote Yawn's threads.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Yawn.

I've been playing it the past few days, no one has mentioned a single bug nor have I seen any. Notably it doesn't look quite as pretty by default as our current GMod alternative, but that can be easily changed as stated near the end of the post. Also, I can't search if this thread has been found before because the forum won't let me. http://i.imgur.com/Yu8CciV.png Even if it has, I don't really care too much as this is the first time anyone from this community has actually gotten in-touch with the source of the very private plugin that makes any of this slightly possible.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
    Welcome to bbcode Hell, my threads don't look pretty on their own. ^.^

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Pretty sure this has been suggested once before @Yawn.

• Old Old x 1
  6. Yawn.

Pretty sure someone already said that in this thread and I made a reply @Robotic Wolf.
    <3

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

This was suggested once before; right as CS:GO became popular in our community.

I actually think this wouldn't be a terrible idea. Taking the chance to have one server for STTT CS:GO would mean taking the chance to move into a growing interest and be the most well-known TTT server in CS:GO.

+1

8. Happy

Happy Laughter is the best medicine. VIP

This has not occurred yet.
    http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

It might sometime in the future but not yet.
    However I do really like this idea.
    +1

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. Emtech2

Emtech2 The worst ones always live VIP Silver Emerald

Here is where it was suggested before.
    When I played TTT on CS:GO before it was horrible.I don't see TTT on CS:GO being a good choice.
    You also mentioned CS:GO being a top E-Sport. This is correct however, how many pro teams do you see playing TTT or other community servers on CS:GO. Just because it is a big E-Sport does not mean community servers will prosper. Also, the legacy browser is not the best so it may be hard for people to find STTT.

10. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

What TTT CSGO server are you talking about? I would like to see how it is.

11. Yawn.

Here's is the IP to the CS:GO TTT server I was talking about, I recommend everyone give it a try. 74.91.113.113:27015 It's the only active TTT server I've found, which maxes out at its twenty four slots during the day. This would be our main/only real competitor, with their rampant RDM and lack of staff making them easy to surpass.

As said, that's the default version of the private plugin from what I've gathered. As I'm in communication with the author of the plugin, we can have it modified to not only be better, but more closely resemble our GMod TTT experience. (So it's more pretty/looks more like GMod TTT.) As far as the popularity comment, I wasn't stating that it being an e-sport would boost our popularity. Melon Racing in GMod could be an e-spory, and that itself wouldn't gain us much popularity on its own. But because it is so popular, because it is within the top three of Twitch every single day, means far more people are playing it than Garry's Mod. As shown, our demographic there would be 12x larger than Garry's Mod. When we combine that with our audience in Garry's Mod; we're not only the #1 TTT community, but the largest.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  12. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

Only problem I can foresee as of now is regarding sustainability.

I have BARELY seen any donators in most community servers I've been to, barring one or two. The thing with the availability of advanced features, for one thing. The problem is, it is too available. The skinchanging thing you mentioned, for example, I've seen done on many servers for free.

Nevertheless, +1

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

It's called STT for Serious TTT. Not SCS:GO for a reason. As you said earlier, the CS:GO TTT community is lacking. Making a server on a game without a community base for TTT would be a waste of donation money imo. Stick to Gmod, there are already multiple dedicated servers.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

It's still TTT... but it's on CSGO.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. MrEvanJ

MrEvanJ On my grave I want VIP not RIP VIP

Not to be mean or anything but that post hurt my eyes. You are completely ignoring the point of this. We know there are detected severs. You literally repeated everything he said was negative about this. You think when ttt came out it was the best thing in the world? No. I love cs:go and ttt I think it should be given a try. Everything has risks, everytime Highwon adds a sever its a risk the first time EU came out it failed. My point is just because it's not that popular doesn't mean it won't happen. CS:GO is extremely popular and I see TTT coming out of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ant.

ant. I'm not your da da VIP Silver

I like this idea, however I don't know how i feel about the plugin being private. Does that mean only the developer can make changes to the plugin, and that whoever runs a server with it will have to pay him a fee to continue to run it? After playing it a little today, a lot of weapons would also have to be banned or tweaked as most of them would just be too overpowered for TTT.

17. Yawn.

Private meaning that you can't just go and download it. It's a plugin for CS:GO, we can edit it all we like. It's not like say, Clockwork in GMod, there is no DRM/anything like that. Once we have it, we own it. We can use it as much as we like, edit it as much as we like, etc. There is only the option to pay him more, to have extra features/modifications done to it.

As far as the weapons, we can change what spawns/how many. There are also quite a few other major differences that we may need to change, depending on Highwon feels about them/if it fits the over-all image that he is going for this community. For example, everyone has a knife in CS:GO rather than a crowbar. The t's can unlock a one-hit-kill knife in the t-store during the round, much like t's can buy disguisers/etc on our servers. There are also other features like tazers (essentially weaponized t-testers) in the game, which we may need to also disable as stated.