STTT Content Team Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Carned, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Please use this thread to direct any questions regarding content for one of us to answer.

Questions should ideally relate to

Maps
    Player Models
    Jihads
    Weapons
    Other Server-side Content

But also questions regarding Forum updates can also be answered here.

Answers will come from the following people
    @Opalium
    @Carned
    @Skyrossm
    @Falcor
    @Rick
    @oG-ItzRebel
    @Chai

Answered questions will be posted below this sentence.

Q: How do we get on the content team?
    A: By invitation only, you help us by suggesting and +1ing.

Q: Do you guys have a system in place to get data on how many people use certain skins / SpecialWeapons / maps / jihad sounds?

A: We use survey and observation due to shop purchasing being inaccurate in terms of who's actually using the skins and who just buys everything.

Q: Will you be making public posts to let us know when testing is happening?
    A: From now on yes, see post below for more details!​

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Do you guys have a system in place to get data on how many people use certain skins / SpecialWeapons / maps / jihad sounds?

This might be a good tool to decide on what the community prefers. It'd also be useful to eliminate "clutter" addons that nobody really uses.

The store data should be there, unless its clientside.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carned

This is a question @Opalium or @Highwon could answer, however I don't think store purchases are really an accurate representation of the popularity of skins due to a lot of people just buying every single skin to collect.
    The idea behind the survey's Opalium posted a month or so ago was to gather that sort of data.

We do however have a general idea of the models and maps we want to remove once we find suitable replacements.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

How do we get on the content team?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Carned

By invitation only. However, by suggesting, you are all on the content team in part.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Mr Butters

Why am I not invited yet?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Carned

The team currently isn't looking for new members, the best way to help is to come along to one of the testing events we have on both public and internal servers!

8. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

I've never seen a planned post for these. Could you guys start doing it like at least a couple hours in advance? That'd be neat to beta test.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Mr Butters

Will you be posting the times and dates of public events on this thread or any other thread? Even if its in the moment will you post over spamming it in SB ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Carned

Getting a time for everyone to be available is always going to be difficult, especially considering the varied time zones in the Content Team alone.
    But when have a solid time we could certainly make a thread that will give you all warning before we test internally, however I cannot guarantee this for public testing on the actual servers as easily.

So in conclusion

Private internal testing on Opals server : Yes forum posts made
    Public testing on the servers: Possible but less likely due to short notice, however I can try to get solid times set for this.

11. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

on vanilla ive done a discoboost to the lamp on mc_dolls
    since its not prop surfing and every one can reach it with discobombs its not consideredunreachable area?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Carned

Probably a question more fitting for the actual Q&A section but when @Opalium or @Falcor checks this thread they can answer it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mr Butters

This is unrelated to content, however this is allowed, ive asked.

Back to topic, will you be explaining why things get denied in more detail instead of being lazy? Also will you update your thread so we know what the CONTENT TEAM has tested as a team? because as you said "you've tested more but cbf posting them all" but I want to be clear I only want you to add the stuff the team decides together not what you personally dont like <3

Will we get links to everything denied or accepted? Can we get link and a list of all current content made up? you are the content team after all, not just the content testing team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Carned

If I give you a list of how we test things this might help explain a little more about our process behind the way things are done.

Firstly we start with a brainstorming stage, this involves everyone in the team going around the forums looking for popular suggestions and adding them to a list of content, alongside adding anything they may think is popular enough (example me suggesting 2b)
    Next we sit down together as a team and go through and discuss the pros and cons of each item and whether it is high quality enough of a suggestion to go onto the server.
    Next we have the testing stage in which everything we test goes through testing, Ill break this down further later.
    Then any fixes are done (map fixes, playermodel hitboxes, texture downscaling etc)
    Finally it is sent to Highwon for his approval/private testing by himself.

For testing a Playermodel
    • Look at the Model in game and pinpoint any issues (Does it react poorly to HDR, does it have missing textures, does it have any weird physics, does it hold M9K weapons, does the ragdoll work.
    • Check the models hitbox size and headbox labeling
    • Recompile the model (this breaks a lot of TFAs models, hence a lot of denials)
    • Downscale the textures (tedious and annoying)
    If anything here goes wrong, we attempt to fix it, but sometimes its not worth the hassle.

For testing a Map
    • Test them all internally on Opaliums private server with 15-20 players
    • Check for FPS issues, console server issues, T trap issues, size issues etc
    • Test them on the live servers with Highwon to check on serverside issues and lag on our content rich server.

The single best way to get your content looked at is to get it suggested on a post on the forums and get it support, sending it directly to us does not help as we cannot gauge feedback based on our own opinions alone. (What i mean is your list on the model voting is useless because its not a suggestion so we can't tell who likes it or not) I check the workshop daily for content, if I look at something and think "Nah" it doesn't mean It cant be suggested, If i suggested every single model and map i looked at there would be more suggestions threads than Ban Appeals, hence why its easier for us to just work with what you guys suggest.

The Denied suggestions list is fully linked apart from the maps. simply due to us testing them in bulk (50+ a time). The names alone should be enough to help out with suggesting.

Hopefully that explains and clarifies the process a little better and gives pointers.

15. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Will there ever be the possibility of adding a "confused" rating? If so it should probably be neutral, so it just means you want the person to explain themselves better or just dont understand anything at all. This would be a good, more positive replacement to the countless dumb ratings given for misunderstandings. Is this possible?

• Old Old x 1
  16. Carned

If it gains enough support then i can't see why not, I do agree the ratings need some tweaking to fit a better range of responses to posts.

That'll be a general answer for any suggestion, provided it gains enough support and has no technical issues then it should be added.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Would you say that the content team takes the communities opinion to an accurate degree? Obviously we aren't going to add Spec DM or the defib, but what is an accurate margin of what popular stuff is actually being considered?

Also, if yall are testing stuff hmu and i'll lend a hand (assuming i'm around).

18. Carned

Well provided something has no bugs or issues then anything thats getting popular on the forums will be considered, I understand previously there was no reason to +1 or -1 suggestions but now there truly is.

Here's what I've currently taken from the forums under this Misc/QOOL section

[​IMG]

All of these have had a lot of traction on their threads recently and thus are here ready to be discussed.

Note: This doesn't mean any of these are being added but they are ready to be discussed and if they're possible.

19. Mapled

Mapled VIP

How frequent will the future content drops be?

20. Carned

Honestly hard to say, last update was supposed to come out in late January, then early feb, it depends on the errors we run into and the scale of the updates.
    Furthermore it depends on how busy we all are with work/college etc outside the community.