Story behind your Minecraft name

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by Ruby, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Turn your wounds into wisdom Banned VIP Silver Emerald

I thought because a good portion of us made minecraft accounts years ago with silly usernames, we could go ahead and share the story behind them! Basically the same as the thread for your steam name but it's for your minecraft name.

My minecraft name is "dadsruse" and the name was made so long ago maybe 8 or 7 years ago on runescape. Basically I asked my dad if I could make a account on runescape and he said sure. So out of pure excitement of a small child I tried making my name "dads rule". Somehow little me managed to hit the letter "s" which is on the other side of the keyboard. That stuck and then I used that as my minecraft username. (And now I can't change it cause I can't migrate it to a Mojang account, due to me forgetting my email i made the account with)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

I have to deal with mojang support because I forgot my username

• Like Like x 2
  3. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

My minecraft username was "_Caleb" (since that's my first name) up until around 24 hours ago xD.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

My minecraft username was "XStinkyPuppetX"... until I as well changed it just yesterday xD.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

My name used to be "legogouy939" because I actually originally went by legoguy939 because of roblox. - then went to minecraft and misspelled it as legoGOUY939.

Then when name changes came out I went by QuitTheGame_

Now I have changed it to Jeff_Lynne_ELO @Pacifist lmao.
    [​IMG]

Why Jeff_Lynne_ELO???? Idk, I should really stop being a fanboy of some bands..... ELO = Electric Light Orchestra, Jeff Lynne = singer/songwriter/producer/arranger of ELO

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

It's my name (I've told the story before, I'll probably edit that in as something not stupid like this statement here is) but it's 86 because i have no idea why but there's a Robokiller87 and that's the first time I ran into a name problem in probably 10 years.

EDIT: So speaking of those 10 years I made Robokiller87 in my Runescape days when I was about 11 or 12. There's three aspects to my name. 1. Robo 2. Killer 3. 87

Firstly, my name has probably 20% of the time been guess correctly in terms of meaning. I am always surprised if people guess correctly the first try.

Robo means Robot.

Killer means you can figure that out.

I've always described my name to be a Robot that kills. Why am I not Killerrobo87? That looks really fucking weird. The capitalized R and the high standing k in Robokiller87 looks much more... refined. Also I never thought of Killerrobo87 at the time.

So, why 87? Robokiller was taken, I picked a high double digit number that no one would probably ever use for any reason. Where has anyone ever seen an 87 besides me? Probably once or twice within the last 2 years elsewhere.

Now you know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Mine is currently SQUlDD, but before it was CxxZCC4, which is my old online handle. No real relevance to the name, I just rolles my face on a keyboard and ended up with that after some clean up.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Besides the account my brother gave me, which I lost, Ainoyu was one of two names my friend and I made. (The other was Yunomi). It was silly joke (say it out loud: "Ai No Yu" "Yu No Mi")

• Like Like x 3
  9. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

My first username was Yix, since my brother made the account. No idea what it means or where it's from. I just had a 3 letter MC username for the past 5 years :p Changed it to Skyrossm because 3 letter names were popping up everywhere and it became less :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Valedict

Valedict VIP

My initials + year I was born.

Having troubles with emails on Minecraft so currently unable to change name, but it's not that bad.

• Like Like x 2
  11. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

If the real Robokiller87 joins our server I'm buying him Emerald. Then you may proceed quietly applying the chloroform.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

:sneaky: Thanks for the help :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

My original Minecraft name was CSLOneWanderer. I had been given Minecraft by a guy who was a developer for a TTT community called Chiefehs Servers a long time ago, so I figured I'd just have my name be my ingame name with the community tag in front of it.

I've since changed it to LoneWanderer727, which is pretty much my ingame name for everything aside from Steam.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

Same name I always use online
    (aside from may moons ago where I used names like a falling mango so when I killed people it would say "you were killed by a falling mango")

I rambled sorry, it tends to happen.
    Zane comes from my favorite character from Yu-Gi-Oh GX! and Loehr comes from an old tactics game for the Game Boy Advance, The Knights of Lodis (main character's last name)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

I mean, my minecraft name is Kythol

idk what else to say about it

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

I used to have the worst name ever. "bubi05072000" was my name up until like a few weeks ago when I heard about SMC being in thee works and I changed it to "Kyle_the_Penguin". "bubi" was a nickname I had as a kid, and well the last part is obvious and stupid af, its my birthday. Jesus now I look back and see what a horrendous name it was XD

• Like Like x 2
  17. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

My Minecraft name is Zypther, same reason my steam name is Zypther or Zyp or whatever "Zypther " variant it is. Club penguin name has spread

• Like Like x 2
  18. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

My name there used to be Renyx. There isn't any real meaning to it, I just liked the sound of it. I always liked names that sound fancy when said out loud.

• Like Like x 2
  19. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

Mine was XxX__Hydra__XxX which was on my friends account we shared... No one wanted to believe me, So I bought my own account and cant remember the name my friend had me change it to, but in 28 days I'm changing it to "GimcSnooper"

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mine was just Cloudiesthalo, that I got when I 1st made my xbox live account....

Yep.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.