State of the server.

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by Lone Wanderer, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

I actually agree with this, way back when I first joined, staff were held at a standard to remain completely professional across the board as reps and lately the mods of TTT are just kinda dicks in MC.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

An interesting thing to note: I was on during this incident, and while I didn't kill @Lone Wanderer as I was minding my own business, I never once saw him ask for help in admin chat. Though I would agree the incident didn't necessarily break any rules.

I agree. I'm not trying to offend any staff but there have been alot of complaints, and whether or not it's within the rules these complaints reflect poorly on our community and the staff. While I agree there should be a separate staff protocol in place, I'm not sure how to balance it, which is probably why it hasn't happened just yet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Just make it so staff have to act decent and maybe try to help others sometimes. Is that so hard to balance?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mr Butters

But then the problem rises that they can't play like a normal person just because they staff TTT it's not just simple you have to be a nice person guys.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Emily❤

If it's hard to be nice then you shouldn't be staff.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mr Butters

So TTT staff should resign or be demoted because they want to PvP in a survival game?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Emily❤

I am talking about this stuff and not PvPing

8. Mr Butters

I said I agree with amatsu but simply saying they HAVE to play neutrally and help new players is kinda dumb, they should hold a standard as a rep of the servers but they should not be forced to play the game a specific way because they staff a completely different game.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Zikeji

That sort of requirement is much too open for interpretation. Killing a player once isn't indecent - it's part of the mechanics. And if they were repeatedly camping out a player making it so that player can't accomplish anything - then that falls against normal rules that everyone has to follow. I've never seen a TTT/DR staff on SeriousMC act in such a way that I would consider scummy. However, considering the amount of complaints toward staff playing the game well within the rules and decency, I do believe there needs to be a ruleset which hampers the gameplay experience of staff - not because they're doing anything wrong, but because they, as staff, should strive to make the community (in a broad sense) happy, and unfortunately that means the people that want the survival server to be easier.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Emily❤

From Application Format Explained:
    Why do you want to be a moderator? To help the server? Or to help yourself?
    I can't see how act as shitty as you can under the rules in any way help the server.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Zikeji

I see you saying "act as shitty as they can" over and over. I haven't seen a staff member act that way on the MC server. Granted, "shitty as they can" is a statement that falls under the opinion of the person making the statement, but I've generally seen the staff act nice even during PVP.

In addition, I've never seen one actually act shitty in chat - which means some players are interpreting their ingame actions as shitty. I've seen them be understanding, I haven't seen them go out of their way to cripple another player's gameplay experience like I've seen from select few other players, among other observations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Emily❤

I have seen 4 people going against one player that(if i got it right took some stuff from one of them) and they then destroyed everything he had made outside of his claim since he had used it all up(the claim thingy). 1 of the 4 was a TTT staff.Even if this is allowed do you mean that it in anyway makes people want to play?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  13. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

Yes, you nailed it right on the coffin. My post is exactly directed towards the nature of the act that took place. And you cannot use "this is the Internet you should have expected it" as an excuse here. I've been a part of the staff here at SGM, and I know that staff members are expected to hold themselves at a higher standard, whether it's on the forums, Teamspeak or the servers. I've been a little iffy about how much PVPing and incidents related to that staff members have been causing on MC, but this just really did it for me. This wasn't just me getting killed inside of my base, or getting killed out in the wilderness and losing my gear. I was helping a new player get settled in the game, and I wasn't killed once, I wasn't killed twice, I was killed a grand total of 4 times. I didn't keep track of how many times he was killed, but it was at least 3.

I don't care if that's "a part of the game", and frankly, it doesn't really matter that it's "not explicitly stated in the rules". If someone is helping out a new player, you'd figure that the staff members in this community would want to promote that kind of behavior. And what's the best way to show that the staff team here at SGM is helpful to new players and is onboard with that kind of behavior? To kill both of the players involved repeatedly, take their shit, and then leave. Sure, it's a fine way to play the game. But that behavior gives the new player a negative impression of the server, I'm sure that impression is exponentially worse when staff members are the ones doing it.

But frankly, whether or not they're staff doesn't matter. There's a communal behavior to be assholes, dicks, and generally untrustworthy on the server towards other players, and it's disgusting. You say I shouldn't be disheartened because a few people came by with malicious intent, and that I should keep doing what I'm doing and not be discouraged. I've only had negative experiences with other players outside of my roommate on the server. I feel no sense of community on the server outside of fear and toxicity related to incidents just like this, and it's a growing negative from my point of view for the MC server, and the trend just seems to be getting worse.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Sounds like my idea of survival building as a community with small groups working together wouldn't have been that bad an idea after all.
    (y)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Zikeji

I didn't see such a scenario go down, and I agree it could be construed as scummy. However it's just one example.

Four players against one comes off as a smart approach to me, I don't have any issue with that. Though this doesn't account for whether or not they repeatedly killed the player (in a manner not in self defense) which you haven't mentioned. I also agree that "destroying everything he had made outside of his claim" shouldn't really be something a staff member should do, however I do not think there is anything wrong with it. The player could have occupied himself doing other things while waiting for the claim blocks to accrue to protect the property. Other players shouldn't have to fear they might get in trouble because and unclaimed structure may or may not be abandoned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zikeji

I've seen a couple communities consisting of 4 or so players building :D. I personally haven't participating, but I'd welcome some players to build near me.

17. Emily❤

@Zikeji
    He had the max claim possible and I can tell you he didn't have fun having to kill the 4 ppl again and again to try.to prevent more destruction of what he had made.

18. Zikeji

If he had the max claim possible why did he have to build outside his claim? I'm not defending the 4 other people or their actions, just genuinely curious as to why someone should feel like it's the other player's fault when their unclaimed stuff gets damaged or destroyed.

19. Emily❤

Idk seemed like he did farming in a massive scale (didn't have that much time to look at it as some of the attacker started going after me as well)

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Zikeji

I do farming on a massive scale. My entire base goes from the surface to just 30 blocks above bedrock. You don't have to expand your claim to get more usable space, you can build up or down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.