Staff Team Approval Poll (3)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jabba the Slut, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Hello valued community members!

I have deemed it time for another Approval Poll. You guys see our team on a daily basis, so now's your chance to give your valuable feedback on their performance. I'll respond to any concerns that need to be addressed, otherwise I will direct the criticism to whom it may concern. Please take this seriously. Troll responses and harassment will be deleted.

Staff Approval Poll (V3)

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Jabba the Slut

We only got nine responses so far.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I don't want to be overwhelmingly negative.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jabba the Slut

Hey man, go for it.

5. Jabba the Slut

I'll respond to some stuff here.

We're doing our best. I've got a plan to prove to Highwon where the true majority of his active players fall on the matter.

There is currently 13 admins/mods/trials under the hour requirement of 15 hours biweekly. Of those 13 staff members, four are between 13-15 hours. The remaining nine are under 10 hours. Reasons for their inactivity include school (finals and whatnot), a global pandemic, and personal things that are keeping them back for a bit. We will be talking to the ones who are consistently below hours very soon.

Firstly, we absolutely still do Trial Moderator tests. Don't know where you get the idea that they have slipped into obscurity, hell, Lordy made a few NEW quizzes just a week ago. Staff make mistakes, it's a fact of life. I would like to take some time every few months to do tests for the current mods to keep them on their toes.

Are you okay?

Fuck.

Sorry, we don't have a Murder server.

*rates agree*

You're right, we aren't looking to introduce a third server type anytime soon. We want to focus our efforts on TTT. I would like to return to four admins per lead, however we have to have the player counts to justify such a move.

Nice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jabba the Slut

Also more responses please, we've only gotten 15.

7. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

that's 6 more than last time you asked be grateful smh

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

L

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  9. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

I just posted mine a few minutes ago. I don't really have any complaints about the staff other than the fact that we need more of them active during the night hours AND the lack of their input on suggestions for new content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jabba the Slut

Last bump, I promise.

We're at 21 responses, a few more should give us a decent amount of input.

[​IMG]

11. Some mods don't know how to handle specific cases and thus reports might get mishandled.

A good example is something that happened to me in Richland, I saw someone getting shot, saw a player see from where the shot was coming and who the killer was, he did nothing then I kill that player by GBA and I got slain because "You didn't see where the shots came from", but I could perfectly see the bullet trace. Many more cases like this happen to many other players, some people (including me) tell staff to "Use their brain" when handling reports, as sometimes they are in some kind of auto-pilot shit.

Forgive my rambling, the important part will be on Italic and trial mod color

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. Chad

Chad Banned VIP

This sever's staff Team is the most mismanaged one I have ever seen. Most of the staff members have no critical thinking skills but this isn't surprising as we're playing on Gmod. Most of them have blatant White Knight syndrome and let the e-girls get away with anything we can see this through Pan which it want's to fuck half the server most notably. We have lead admins that want to make the server more restrictive to feed their own God-Complex because they lack any control in real life, so they must control others.

10/10 Nothing needs changing this is the best server I have played on +1 my mod appeal

• Disagree x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  13. Jabba the Slut

Thanks for the support!

Also Pan is currently sitting out a month global ban.

• Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  14. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

This is actually kinda nice to hear. I’ve always been chill with the majority of the rules, especially during both my tenures (although I’ve always said hackers deserved a one and done system cause fuck them) except for that rule change that felt so weird and sudden. There’s been threads already on the matter but still, even now hearing people say some more intense slurs now rubs me the wrong way.

I’m not white and I typically don’t care about slurs, and actually find some to be humorous when you’re with a group of people that are chill with it, but on a public TTT server such as this one that isn’t overly intense with it’s rules but at the same time is serious enough to be moderated properly so all the users can have a fun experience it doesn’t feel right. Especially since the change was so sudden, and while albeit just done by Highwon, still doesn’t pass the vibe check. (Also this applies to all slurs but y’all know which one I’m specifically talking about.)

When you have randos playing with each other and regulars and you get a select few users who just start saying these things without knowing everyone else and who they are it just isn’t the same as a close group of people joking about it. And there’s also the argument of little kids being exposed to it. Sure they probably shouldn’t be playing TTT in the first place and sure it’s the internet, but it doesn’t make the fact any better. When I was a wee lad on sgm in my early days, I would constantly get harassed because I was a squeaker and wouldn’t talk because of it, but at the same time that harassment was dealt with and there were rules in place to make sure I enjoyed my experience. That’s one of those things that kept me here along with the awesome people. Sure it’s the internet, but no one wants to hear that. And this applies to multiple groups of people who specific slurs may apply to. Some may hear people say these things which are allowed and just think “Well, that sucks.”

Those comments about the community event are true in a way, that sorta rule represents SGM and what it tolerates. It isn’t the best look. Hell, there’s a website article out there somewhere where someone actually interviewed a certain community manager of sgm representing this place and how it’s ran etc. I don’t exactly know how many people viewed that article, but if someone happened to stumble across sgm because of it, openly hearing slurs doesn’t exactly give the best first impression of a community that is in other words, moderated pretty efficiently.

But then again I’m on a forum for a game that came out in like 2006 so idk. Take that as you will.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.