Invalid Spud's Report

Discussion in 'Shoutbox Ban Appeals' started by Spud, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spud

Spud Banned VIP

Report or Appeal:
    Username of the reported player:
    Robokiller87
    Explain the case:
    Previously been banned from the shoutbox for harassing me, now he's back he continues to harass me.​
    Related Evidence:
    1. [​IMG] A moment ago - Robokiller87:
      Spud you're fucking stupid
    [​IMG]

2. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I dont give a damn about what the rules state

Im not going to stand by and let you say N***** and not say anything

Get over yourself holy shit. Im literally offended you outright said N***** as if you use it in your daily life.

@Acnologia Can confirm Spud said N-word

@any admin can look into logs too

3. Spud

Spud Banned VIP

I don't know why you're offended, firstly it's allowed and secondly I'm black myself. But, regardless, the mod literally stated just moments earlier that people are allowed to say it as long as it's not targeted at someone. But you think it's acceptable to respond to something innocuous that you shouldn't be offended by with something deliberately targeted and intended to insult someone and be offensive?

4. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Because I've got absolute 0 tolerance to that word like you have absolute 0 tolerance to anything said about you

Because your black it makes it ok? Dont think so. It makes it less ok that you say that with a straight face.

Are you kidding me? When the word is breathed in any company how is it not directed at anyone. DO YOU KNOW THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD?

"a contemptuous term for a black or dark-skinned person." ~ Google

Why say it AT ALL if you're not even fucking required to say it? AS YOU CAN SEE, IM NOT OK WITH THE USE OF THE WORD AT ALL. IM NOT IN FAVOR OF THIS RULE CHANGE. IM OFFENDED, BY THE USE OF THE WORD IN ANY REGARD AND YOU USED IT. AM I NOT ALLOWED TO BE OFFENDED BY THIS?

5. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Hey, considering I was tagged, I'll put in a word.
    After one of the users of the Shoutbox mentioned a recent rule-change, specifically this:

You then proceeded to say it randomly in the Shoutbox.
    People can take offense to the N word, whether it is directed at someone or not. This is not some ordinary word which is used as an insult.

After which Robokiller called you:
    [​IMG]

I'll lock this up for now until an admin looks into it considering the fighting at the present.

6. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I'll handle this. Give me a few minutes.

7. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Alright.

Spud, you've been sending in reports like this for a while. And while I can see the reasoning behind it - this is getting out of hand. Much like how we discourage reporting every single RDM in our TTT servers, we can't get into every little insult mentioned in SB. If this was the case, we would end up spending hours looking into every little incident.

Now, I agree that Robo should've not said that. This isn't appropriate. But this doesn't mean we can start punishing for every such incident. You've seen how recent events affected us, and rightly so. If we keep like that, we're just going to get ourselves into tedious reality where every insult is punished and players are limited in what they can say to the point where they can't even enjoy their time here. There's no need to get over the top for every single thing said. And for this very reason, I'm going to deny this report.

Both of you are adults. You're not kids. So I don't see why we have to solve this like kids. Instead, I'll be asking you two to settle this how adults should - just leave this nonsense and try to enjoy your time here instead. No one's having fun when we get so nit-picky.

This is my verdict for you. You can see it as a warning, you can see it as a suggestion. I don't mind. Just... stop with this nonsense. Come on.

Take care.
    ~Opalium

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.