Denied Spud's Appeal

Discussion in 'Shoutbox Ban Appeals' started by Spud, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spud

Spud Banned VIP

Report or Appeal:
    Appeal
    Username of the reported player:

Explain the case:
    "You have been banned from the shoutbox for the following reason: Told to stop making references to the Jesus crucifiction
    Your ban will be lifted on Sep 12, 2017."

Ok, firstly I was not told to stop making references to the Jesus 'crucifiction' (sic). Previously a message of mine was deleted by DestinyBlade because it compared myself to Jesus - this seemed rather unprofessional as he was letting his personal beliefs get in the way of secular and equal moderating and choosing to ban people for offending his religious sensibilities or 'blasphemising' rather than for actual rule breaking. I have never previously seen anybody say that we're not allowed to compare ourselves to religious holy figures, and there's nothing to indicate that it wouldn't be allowed - on a server which usually gives such leeway for people to chat openly with some semblance of freedom of speech, it seems to conflict with common sense, in fact, to punish people for simply saying that their life experience is similar to that of Jesus Christ when offence to such a statement would be wholly at the choice of the offended. Deleting somebody's message because you don't like it is simply an abuse of power.

Secondly, it says I was banned for the reason that I was told to stop making references to the Jesus crucifixion. This is simply false. I was not told to stop making references to the Jesus crucifixion, I was given that as a reason that my message was previously deleted - when I requested a screenshot or copy of the deleted messages from DestinyBlade I was refused despite him saying he had it, thereby hindering me from reporting the issue or using it as evidence here even. Regardless, I was not told to stop making references to the Jesus crucifixion, at most it could be said that it DestinyBlade showed a dislike for comparisons of one's person to that of Jesus Christ.

Thirdly, although I can no longer see my statement, I am not sure where it specifically referred to Jesus other than mention of crucifixion - a common punishment for those persecuted in Roman times with a tenuous link to Jesus made not by myself but by DestinyBlade, once again reflecting his religiousity rather than his professionalism.​
    Related Evidence:

2. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

3. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I will respond in a bit when I am at a computer.

4. Spud

Spud Banned VIP

Does your plan involve waiting till the shoutbox ban is expired anyway before you respond so you don't have to face up to the fact you falsely banned me, despite posting in other threads?

5. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

He's probably waiting for a key component of his evidence to update and is postponing his post until he has everything he needs. There's no need to make condescending statements, so I'll lock this up until he is ready to post his evidence and decide on this appeal.

6. Scotty

Wink is correct in this statement. Your ban will end at 12am PST and I should get it before then.

7. Scotty

Hey there @Spud

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Both the times you mentioned it before I gave you your final warning to not do it again.
    [​IMG]

Reference the spoilers above.

Again reference the spoilers above.

I also deleted this post.
    [​IMG]
    You had referenced that you were being targeted and blamed about a situation that you claimed to be the victim in when clearly you were the guilty party. Also saying its a personal holocaust against you when we addressing your concern. The holocaust is not something to joke about or say that people are doing towards you (even though it was not directed towards you nor was it in anyway hostile.)

With all of this stated and said, you will sit through the ban, take this time to think about what you are gonna say in SB before you post it.

~Destiny Blade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.