So.... What happened?

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by Adix99, May 15, 2017.

?

Why did you leave?

1. Lack of content

22 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Just not the same anymore

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Other

14 vote(s)
    25.5%
  4. Already done everything you can think of

21 vote(s)
    38.2%
  5. N/A

11 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adix99

Adix99 Ex-Moderator Emerald

It's safe to say that the Minecraft server is officially dead, below I made a poll to see why people quit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

I wouldn't worry too much, I mean we're getting a DarkRP server.

• Funny x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Lack of content with factions (not to par with other faction servers), and lack of a player base. You can't play factions if there's no enemy to fight.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

It was minecraft, in 2017.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

Hate to say it but this is kind of the main reason, Minecraft has greatly lost it's drive and you can't really blame it since it came out in 2010 and there's only much you can do to carry on that game's concept for so long, to be fair this pattern can be seen in many other popular Minecraft servers which are not as popular anymore.

It's not really the fault of the SGM Team it's just a natural thing that happens to many games sadly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

2 months old

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Life

8. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

Minecraft has seen a steady downfall of players since minecraft was bought out, players do not like the updates anymore and lets face it. Nobody wants to join a survival server when there is nobody to fight or that players are soo op that even if you do manage to kill them and take their shit they can just grab a spare set of gear out of their ender chest.

Minecraft has seen an even more signifigant drop in playerbase since YouTube changed up its viewership coding shit. Youtube has been trying to kill the game it created. You are going to say that youtube didnt make the game but they made the fanbase when they moved to a watch time format. Youtube turned minecraft from a small Indy sandbox game into the success it is today.

In short, Sgm didnt kill minecraft. The players didnt kill minecraft. YouTube killed minecraft.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Called it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

I find the people who think DarkRP will be any better funny :ROFLMAO:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. RaYm0nD

RaYm0nD VIP Bronze

Other: The freaking PVP in claims dude. For that reason I stopped playing, It just wasn't fun.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

The truth is SMC couldve been revived, and im not going to be modest and say that I worked a shit ton to help make that happen. But there wasnt enough dedication put into the project for it to spark in the end. Its a shame.

13. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Lack of support from player base, basically we were wayyyyy too conservative and afraid of changes and that goes to both sides the staff team and devs and the player base. we also didn't help as a player base to fill more things in, and well, there were lots of drama to quickly rise with the staff team, so thats really what happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

because i dont have enough money to buy minecraft and this needed me to buy minecraft

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Squidd

Squidd VIP

A lot of the issue IS that it was Minecraft in 2017, but there were things that could've been done, like modpacks and likes. A lot of knew the ins and outs of Vanilla Minecraft, but I feel like if we ran a Tekkit-esque serve, the life span would've been longer, as the gameplay is deeper and the "endgame" is more substantial.

I can't blame the Devs behind the project though. Thats a lot of work for essentially Volunteers, and they have their own lives to deal with. There were ways to make it successful, and I'm sure they worked hard in thought and production, but I think they just missed the mark.

If the idea ever comes back into the spotlight, I'd say do a modpack, and make sure people know that there *should* be a reset at some point.

16. Koishi

Koishi Killer Queen VIP

well to be fair, minecraft survival is basically not an endless game, eventually you'll get to the end (hehe pun) and thats it, theres nothing more to do other than terrorise other players or flaunt your elytra + diamond wealth

however ttt and deathrun do not have goals, for ttt you just rdm kill people with valid reasons again and again and again, there is no goal, you either improve on your strategies or die over again, same goes for deathrun, make strategies or die trying, in minecraft there is a goal, reach the end and kill the ender dragon and collect the best shit you can get in the game, and there's nothing else to do unless you want to build a golden statue of a dick,

other than the reasons stated by others like minecraft in 2017, devs fucked up.etc minecraft survival just isn't going to last long once people have already reached the goal

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Just saying as someone who was part of the decision making, Minecraft really isn't a game you can have survival and factions on forever, people will get bored of it and then leave. Resets are okay but those are mainly for new players. The problem is some of us are really busy, and after 3 or so months I don't think anyone would have enough time to implement the changes that we needed. I have been wanting Skywars for a long time now, but that plugin is going to take 2-3 days of straight editing to even get to a playable state and we don't exactly have that time.

I don't think the server is dead dead, just because nobody on SGM is playing on it doesn't mean it won't gain traction with newer players. As always I am open to civil suggestions for rule changes, plugin changes, and other things on the server.

18. Squidd

Squidd VIP

The thing with new audiences is that the big servers are all hub/mini game servers now.

Survival is pretty RIP across the board.

Although I have a decent idea. We should host a monthly Hardcore event.

Fresh start, players work together in preset teams to achieve end game goals like defeat the Ender Dragon and we get a mod to really ramp up the difficulty (think ultra-hardcore)

Teams could be of 3, and every team starts in separate world's with the same seed. Theres multiple tiers of goals, all with separate rewards (maybe consisting of TTT or MC ranks?)

Maybe if people like this idea I'll flesh it out some more.

• Winner Winner x 3
  19. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Change the server to a Pixelmon server xD then there will always be something to do with hours of gameplay to catch them all o.o At least for the people who were missing something to do on the server o.o

Edit: it was a joke >.>

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Yeah modded minecraft and any version of mc 1.7.10 and before is good. Anything after is trash, tbh microsoft killed the game after they purchased it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.