Event SGM / HeLLsGamers Cross-Community Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jabba the Slut, Apr 26, 2020.

1. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Steam cards are kind of a disappointing reward for just participating.

2. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

steam gift cards, not trading cards

3. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Ah. I take back what I said then. I thought they meant trading cards.

4. I can't wait for this community to look absolutely shit to HG when the entire server starts spouting off racial slurs.

It'll be interesting to see if they stay the whole time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

Just a heads-up:

In order to move around the HellsGamers Teamspeak server, you're going to have to create an account on their forum and get tagged by one of their Admins with the "Friend of HG" server group on the Teamspeak server.

Just make your forum account, confirm your email, then drop by the "Staff Helpdesk" channel on the Teamspeak server and poke anyone marked "Poke for Help".

I just went over and introduced myself to one of their Admins, and he set me up.

Also I would strongly suggest to @Jabba the Slut and @Lordyhgm that we go by their rules when it comes to slurs during the event because, as it sounded when I was given the "newcomer" spiel, that they REALLY don't like slurs. (If we're going to be on their Teamspeak server, we'd best conform to their rules)

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

^^Agree or else ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

We will be very liberal with Trolling bans during the event. If people get on during the event with the intention of disrupting it by any means, including slurs, they will be dealt with. We have admins on standby for the event.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  8. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

so we cant say racist words during event? i thought it was allowed

9. Cash

A good chunk of players use slurs when playing on modded as is, and now you're gonna ban them if they do it as usual just because we have visitors over? Imo changing the rules/the way you staff just because we have visitors is pretty damn stupid.
    We're gonna get people who go "oh hey look they're banning people who use slurs, let's play here" then realize it's a shitshow after the event ends

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. This whole event with a community who's leadership has drastically different values than our own is a shitshow.

If we want to enforce rules differently just because we want to make a good impression, expect a multitude of reports.

Either fix the rules or live with them. No special cases because you decided you wanted them. I know you're in favor of a change, but until the big man gets his head out of his ass and moves towards what the broader community wants, follow the line or resign.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  11. Jabba the Slut

No rules are being changed, yet. Nor will they in the very near future. People aren't going to be banned for using slurs.

People who get on the server just to disrupt the event with their overt slur spam/usage will be banned for Trolling. This goes for any other attempt at causing a server disruption during the event. Not just slurs.

12. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

E n d l e s s
    E n t e r t a i n m e n t

Thanks

13. Jabba the Slut

I follow all our rules, or "follow the line" as you say. I'm only making sure people who troll the event are dealt with, and encouraging discretion among the administration.

As for me resigning? No. I see things I don't like, I do my best to fix them, not to give up in spite of them.

14. Cash

Have you not played ttt since the rule change? A good chunk of players use slurs often

15. Could've fooled me given what I've seen out of the staff team lately.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Jabba the Slut

Using slurs =/= deliberately disrupting a community event.

17. Cash

A community that has slurs as a perma-ban, is absolutely going to be disrupted by people using slurs

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jabba the Slut

It's a good thing our staff are the ones with the power to ban people isn't it then? We follow our rules on our servers.

19. Who came up with the whole-cross community idea given our massively different values on slurs?

20. Jabba the Slut

They reached out to us. After discussing details for a bit and getting the green-light from Highwon, we agreed.