Rejected Set a maximum traitor limit

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Communist Rick, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To get right to the point:
    Its quite boring for all players when you see a ton of players buying traitor in a specific round. You see "4 players have bought traitor this round" or something of the sort, and the round ends within a couple of minutes. Traitors won't be able to get many kills or be able to do much as there are just too many traitors. Innocents have a very low chance of winning if many players purchase traitor.
    Perhaps have it a max of 1-2 traitor purchases per round. How will one be determined as a traitor if more try to buy it? Set a randomizer and the players it lands on will get traitors, while the rest will have it holstered, similar to what happens if every person on the server tries to buy detective or traitor.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BIG -1

git gud

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. FoxPac ◢◤

FoxPac ◢◤ The Alpha VIP

There have been MANY moments where the innocents still win, even with tons of people buying Traitor. All you have to do is be better than the T's (y)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. That wasn't he main point though; Theres still the fact that there are too many traitors and it gets boring to have that many running around

Edit: Also, theres no such thing as 'being better' in such cases, as it is impossible to beat something like an 8v1/2/3/4, unless they screw up incredibly bad (Which has happened)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

na mang -1

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I can agree with you on rounds being faster, however its just 1 round out of the many per map. It happens quite a bit, but not as often as you are making it out to be. -1

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I consistently win those rounds due to buying Detective and being an epic badass at TTT. No, do not set a traitor limit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Big +1. Too many T's makes it boring. Not even fun to play when 3 or more people buy T passes.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. FoxPac ◢◤

FoxPac ◢◤ The Alpha VIP

The fact remains that they are WASTING their points in such cases, think about it.

Let's say 4 elite players buy T, that's 180 points gone for each person, and if the round goes by super quickly, they just wasted 180 points on basically nothing. It's not like there is a completely random number of traitors selected per round, it's the fact that the people that buy Traitor, are basically just getting an "increased" chance at winning, and I wouldn't even call it "increased" to be honest.

Also, Traitor is not cheap, and it can only be purchased ONCE per map per player. This makes it so you get 1 guaranteed chance at becoming traitor within 6 rounds on 1 map, which is fair in my opinion.

I think that I speak for many people when I say that this suggestion has quite a lot of flaws in it.

What would you even suggest the T limit to be? 1 person can buy T per round? 2? 3?

There is 1 Traitor for every 4 innocent players, and 1 detective for every 8 players. Do the math yourself. Even with 4+ traitors, the game is completely fair, it's how you play the game that gets you the win.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

It depends on how much points you have. If you have maybe around 1000 points, it's a bit pricey. However, if you have won the lottery or consistently play here for good period of time (I'm talking about about 2-4 weeks worth of points if you play here for at least an hour or two.)

It's not that hard to obtain points besides.
    Play the game, afk in the spectator mode, play fun rounds, beg for points, etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. FoxPac ◢◤

FoxPac ◢◤ The Alpha VIP

Yes, as that may be very true, even if someone has all of the upgrades, they can only be Traitor once per map. Not many people really buy Traitor either way, and I never found buying T to be an issue regardless :oops:

But I see what you're sayin'

14. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

People get cocky when they have the numbers then realize after the better players die, all that’s left are the..not so skilled traitors and thus innocent get the win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I think you accidentally just defended my point there :p

16. Requesting thread lock due to the lack of seriousness and passive aggressiveness.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  17. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

While i see your point it's not a problem that will happen a lot so I don't see a need for this.

18. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

At your request I will go ahead and lock this up.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.