Servers are understaffed

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Cereal KiIler, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darragh

Darragh VIP

I mean, as I said, make it easier to get staff, allow more staff, and make harsher punishments for staff that fuck up real bad. In all seriousness closing the applications, I can see no benefits for that, if those are open again, allow the full 48 TTT slots to fill over the month or two to come, and re evaluate from there

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Yeah, I'll throw a few words here.

As Helix said, we are looking into implementing changes with our focus on getting all the servers staffed adequately at all times, and are willing to adapt our reduction plans if it proves necessary. Currently, our 'specialized' staff designations focus on mainly on prioritizing particular times online, not servers. In my eyes, a 'vanilla' specialization would only detract from our time based goals and only water down our efforts further.

As stated earlier, we are still discussing the particulars of such a plan. However, this issue is in our metaphorical iron-sights and we plan to tackle best we can, and ask for your patience in the meantime.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

Personally I love staffing nilla. I find it way more fun that modded, and if given the choice, I usually go to nilla instead of modded. If there was a vanilla only team, you can bet that I'd be part of it.

That said, having the distinction of vanilla only staff doesn't serve the same purpose as having night staff. Night staff and EU staff exist so that we can have staff members dedicated to specific times that the other staff members can't cover. By having an EU team or a night team, we look for people who will focus on those times.

It doesn't serve the same purpose to have a vanilla team because vanilla isn't the only server that isn't constantly staffed. With a night team for example we solve a problem that happens across all the servers consistently, whereas a vanilla team just solves a problem that happens on one server occasionally.

4. Darragh

Darragh VIP

Well, based on winks response I've nothing really to say. But for some reason EUnilla has been very busy recently and I'd honestly say that there is a staff member on mabye 60-70% of the time, just a single one, never many more. I play nilla alot, like alot alot, and I feel like I can say it really isn't staffed enough. It takes forever for reports to be handled (4-5 rounds) they are often rushed, harassment is ALWAYS looked over, unless repeatedly pointed out, and mods just don't seem to be enjoying themselves doing what they are doing.

But as wink said, it's in their iron sights, metaphorically (I would hope not actual ones bc who uses iron sights in gmod bar like 2 people (me being one))

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

inb4 pmods 2.0

Having server or platform specific staff is stupid af, lets see what the leads offer before bickering further. idk how this thread got 3 pages in like 4 hours.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Darragh

Darragh VIP

They did offer something tho

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

??? Helix and wink both literally said they are MAKING a plan, they have not presented. Wait for their plan to be revealed, not the concept of a plan.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Han

Han       VIP

Just play when Noob's online, he always staffs with his entire team.

As for the other points you said: whatever the intent was, this thread started out just bitching about not enough staff. You could have just DM'd Helix and asked "Hey, could you make a community post addressing these changes?" and it would have been 100% better than this thread. You could have made a quick and professional post asking for an official comment. I get wanting to know what's going on, but having a thread just complaining about things, without giving people time to fix the problems, is a truly awful way to go about it.

• Funny x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  9. silverstevie

silverstevie Supporter

Is daily occasionally? More than once have I requested staff, and guess what: no staff comes. You might say there were none avalible, but how were there sevreal staff members on 3 other (modded) servers? The staff currently seem to be purposfully ignoring vanilla (execpt the ones that don't)

*EDIT* I gave up requesting staff compleatly. It is just a waste of my time and energy when noone even bothers. If there isn't any staff on when I need, I just quit completly. (You will never see me playing modded...)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Darragh

Darragh VIP

That's all there is for now, gonna be a while before anything happens tho.

But real talk
    Imo, for once there is something actually constructive going on, people are actually trying to help here. No one is gonna take any notice about what they are saying, but people are trying. It's nice to see. There's no petty comments or bitching about things on a thread. It's nice.

Edit: whoops never mind

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Darragh

Darragh VIP

I didn't start the thread though. I could have done that, but this thread was started. I see no problem with trying to discuss things here.

12. I laughed so hard at this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Darragh

Darragh VIP

Idk if it is sarcasm tho, I play EUnilla alot and he isn't exactly on very often

14. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

@Xproplayer
    fuck you don't rate me dumb

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Alright can this thread honestly be locked my dudes? I mean we are to the point of throwing jabs at staff when 2 of the leads have said there is a plan incoming for this problem. Until then lets just suck it up and deal with it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  17. Darragh

Darragh VIP

How about this thread just gets brought riighhtt back onto topic. Anyone have any miraculous great ideas that haven't been mentioned or are people just gonna complain more. This thread was great up to an hour ago. If people wanna keep trying to help, discuss, whatever, then leave it open. If you wanna insult staff, +1 on @That One White Guy suggestion

18. silverstevie

silverstevie Supporter

@Darragh Cam we just insult you?
    IMHO, if there was any idea about the goal of the changes being made, it can give us some insight if we still need to even have this discussion. For all we know, they are starting to implement a solution. Obviously alot of people are worked up by this and/or have nothing else to do now, and know the plan will hopefully calm people down.
    And without transparancy, we don't even know if our ideas are being heard by the higherups (I don't mean to dis 'em, but I have no idea how to make it sound like im not)

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Im sure that the leads will take some of what was said here into consideration. These leads are normally really good about that. Will it make it to the end? Maybe. Will our voices go lost? Nah. Most people hate staff but honestly give them a chance, they might surprise you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ok, this cluster not worth my time but I care so I'll throw my .25 in as well:

first, it has been stated there is a plan. lets hope its good and wait and see.

having staff dedicated to the 2 nilla servers only would be kind of detrimental; its a little too focused for the flexibility that has made the staff so effective in the past, false hacking bans aside :p. kind of like dr, but at the same time not like it, as someone stated. #ripchewie

the night staff is tough to fill because, even though they dont always follow their better judgement, people like to sleep at night. and staffing at night is considerably more taxing on the give-a-fuck-o-meter than just playing gmod.

my bottom line: someone explained why we are cutting back on staff; didnt read it all, some of it made sense, cant speak to it 100%. however, I feel that what has made the staff here so effective in the past is the flexibility. our greatest asset as players was our ability to boot up the SB/discord and ask for staff. and because there was an abundance of staff, with sometimes 3, 4, or 5 mods on one server, there was enough to go around and make sure justice was swiftly dispensed. and it worked, and worked well, even if some mods were a little rusty or behind the curve, it was better than the alternative, which is what set us apart in the ttt community.

what i see as the problem here is that trying to fine tune staff to target times is like a lot of delicate, fine tuned plans irl: they are pie in the sky ideas that don't work. no matter how good it all looks on paper, its not going to shake out that way for real. there arent going to be dozen staff sitting around that can easily (most often) be summoned by a frantic post in the sb. things are going to happen. people have commitments and wont make or wont be there when it counts. thats why having quantity is better, and we can have the diehards, the admins and leads, work on the quality aspect as they are able, and we would get there. by trying to thin out, we are stretching resources, and like i said, i dont think it will pan out well, even if it does in theory.

hope for the best, plan for the worst.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.