Server Restart Warning

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Python~, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I hardly ever read chat, which leads to me getting disconnected at horrible times, and usually ends with death

I'm sure I'm not the only one

The warnings are few and far between (3 over 15 minutes) and can easily get buried from chat

So, I propose we just have text that appears on the center of the screen at 15 minutes, 5 minutes and 60 seconds before a restart

This will give everyone a very clear heads up, and lead them to prepare to maybe not be in the middle of a fight with mobs

If it seems too annoying that it pops up in the middle of the screen, we can always just have it appear at the top

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 10
  2. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

I was actually thinking about making a thread to do with this.

3. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I see ALOT of people complain about the restarts. At the very least there needs to be an obvious warning at 1 minute in and a countdown - maybe 30, 15, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. To give players a chance to get somewhere safe.

Addition:
    If we would like to keep our current scheme (30 minute warning, 15 minute warning, 1 minute warning) there definitely needs to be a way to notify people who have just joined that there is an impending restart. I've seen a couple people join less than a minute before restart and be less than pleased.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

So I did some stuff.

And after fixing
    [​IMG]

We should be solid. After the 2am est restart this will be in effect for future restarts.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Is there a possibility for players to decide which notification we'd like then, or is this the sole thing? Not asking to be annoying, just curious.

6. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

Not at the moment, but if it's a popular request I can make a toggle for it, similar to the toggle for announcements.

7. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

If it's not popular then I'll just complain about it a lot, no worries though.

• Funny Funny x 1