Serious GMod Servers

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Highwon, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayzer

Rayzer VIP

I have always wanted Serious Elevator: Source ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Isn't that like 5 people in an elevator? Doesn't seem remotely suitable for SGS

3. BlueCore

BlueCore Onward and Upward Banned VIP

I'm really excited to be here for this new expansion into other GMod Game-modes. I can't wait to find out what will be included!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  4. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

There are some Death Run Maps that'll bug out and prevent winning/losing without a force slay of an entire team. So maybe at least one staff. There is still the possibilities of Ghosters and Hackers on Prop Hunt (also Death Run), Sandbox is a clusterfuck. Murder, eeeeeeh.

I am looking forward to the expansion :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

I'm glad you asked this. To be able to support other gamemodes, we will have separate premium ranks for each gamemode. This will also allow us to accurately assess which gamemodes are being supported by our community. For example if we had the same rank apply globally and we didn't make enough money to pay for costs, which server do we shut down? TTT or the new gamemode? What if all rank purchases were from TTT players, wouldn't it be unfair to shut down a TTT server if nobody was really purchasing ranks for the new gamemode?

So you will have the option to purchase ranks for:
    1. TTT
    2. <Gamemode 2>
    3. <Gamemode 3>

We are also planning on adding new tiers of premium ranks and some will apply globally across all gamemodes. Another change is that we are moving away from the donating model towards purchasing of premium ranks. What difference is there between donations and purchases? None really. PayPal used to have lower fees for donations but they raised the fees up to the same as purchases now. By moving over to purchases, we are able to offer more to the community like the sale of shirts.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I love role play, Please... Dark Rp...

• Disagree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly x 1
  7. Happy

Happy Laughter is the best medicine. VIP

I'm excited! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. royboooooy

royboooooy It'll always snow on Mount Fuji. VIP

So hyped for this :)

9. Carned

Thank you for clarifying this!
    Will there be any sort of discount for players, like myself who donated to STTT, not that no discount would draw me away from re-donation, would just like more information.

Once again, thank you for clarifying for us all.

10. Arcanius

Arcanius Oh, you like it there VIP

Wilk staff remain as staff across all servers, or restricted to a certain gamemode?

11. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

To be fair, it should probably be kept to one gamemode unless an applicant/current staff member states they'd like to be able to go across all the servers as a staff member.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Snow

Snow Active Member

If there's gonna be a Serious Sandbox, that will require a constant mod XD Sounds awesome HIghwon

13. MrEvanJ

MrEvanJ On my grave I want VIP not RIP VIP

I think like leads and such should be global but it would be harder to staff across 2 game modes and the hour requirement would be all messed up. Or maybe with the game modes their could end up being game mode only staff so decisions could be made for the best of the server that the higher ups play on more. @Turquoise @Arcanius

14. Carned

From experience, staffing Deathrun is 100% different to TTT.
    Thus separate training would likely be needed, it would be very difficult for a staff member to cover both.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

@Highwon

What if you buy VIP for gamemode 2, but that server ends up flunking and shutting down? What will happen to our VIP? Will it simply disappear? Or will we have a chance to transfer it to any other gamemode?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  16. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

HOPPING ON THE DEATHRUN HYPE TRAIN
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Change

Change VIP Bronze

Nice to see improvement, for our benefits.

This will in no doubt increase the popularity.

18. Finn

Finn Human VIP

Omg, motherfucking GEAR?! Sign me up coach!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Onsight

Onsight First Of His Name VIP

yay! so excited for serious gmod tower! and serious elevator source!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.