Rejected Self Defense Rule

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by sweaty_gus, Oct 7, 2019.

Tags:
?

Should a Self-Defense rule be applied?

1. Yes

2. No, screw that

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How many times have you, a casual TTT player, got absolutelly demolished by someone becouse you shot someone else in Self Defense?.

My main suggestion is that we should add a rule (or modify one) to make the bullshit depicted above be something a little bit more fair.
    Example: Little Jimmy shot Bobby in his kneecap just becouse he felt like it, Bobby was a traitor, Bobby by basic human instinct obliterates Little Jimmy whit his glock but Little Jimmy was Innocent, Bobby of course says in voice-chat that he was getting shot by Little Jimmy, but wait, Robert gets in scene, then Robert says "You still killed a Innocent person" and dissintegrates Bobby to a molecular state whit his Ak (yeah, Robert is VIP). So, what happens whit Bobby?, he thinks of reporting Robert, but he can't because he previuslly killed a innocent, so Bobby has to hold his anger for the rest of the round.

The example above has happened to altleast 86.75% of the people reading this post (Don't ask me where I got this percentage).

So what do you say, should a SD rule be applied or moddified?. Answer above

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

Well Bobby here should obviously report Little Jimmy instead of Robert.

Also I didn't quite get what you're actually suggesting here, could you elaborate?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

then that's just tough shit for bobby. there's nothing that can be done. All he can do is report Dumbass Jimmy for shooting him in the knee and get him slayed for RDM.

Killing an innocent is a T act, not really a way around that.

4. The suggestion is written on top and below the post, plus the vote.
    Just felt like doing this because it happens 10/15 rounds I play...

5. Jack$on

Jack$on well damn jackie i can't control the weather VIP Bronze

Shooting someone is considered a T act anyway. Also, for you example, How would a player know if bobby was telling the truth? He could be lying to get away with the kill.

6. That's the main point, how would you know if he's not lying?

7. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

"A self-defense rule" sounds pretty vague. Do you mean that you shouldn't be able to be killed for shooting other people if you're acting in self-defense?

8. Jack$on

Jack$on well damn jackie i can't control the weather VIP Bronze

insert Dadly: bruh moment

You would have to witness it happen in order to believe him??

9. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

You can't expect everyone to know that the person you killed did something to deserve it. Assume they're coming into a room and they just see you kill a someone, detective or otherwise. The reaction I would have is to kill the person who just killed the other player. Sometimes I'll wait and see if they ID the body or not, but that's not something all players do, and they shouldn't be punished for it, especially if you just killed an inno or detective.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Noccam :^)

Noccam :^) Regular Member

Or he can post on the forums about a self defense rule change.

In all seriousness though, it sucks when it happens, but I dont think theres any point in changing it. Shit happens, if the attacker is rdming you, report the rdmer. If the person attacking you has valid reason, then it doesnt matter if you were acting in self defense, you have been discovered to be a T.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Welp, all the answers above make my post useless, everyone has a good point, Ill close the post due to it beeing counterproductive.

Thanks for answering and giving out your opinions (y)

12. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Damn it

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hashira

Hashira VIP

Your attempts to prevent me viciously killing anyone i can within the rules are futile

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hashira

Hashira VIP

Me: Sees player kill someone for shooting at him
    Player: Thinks all is clear, says they got shot and acted in SD
    Me, to them two seconds later:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

So, due to overwhelming disagreement with the suggestion provided. I'll go ahead and reject and lock it up

thread Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.