Accepted Selective hearing of KOSes

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Dodley27, May 18, 2020.

?

Yes

1. Yes

2. KOS Indy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

If a player A were to say "Did someone KOS Indy?" and player B hears only the "KOS Indy" part and act on it, whether accidental or on purpose, player A is responsible for any damage made to Indy as a result of the KOS and can be slain for it.

This makes absolutely no sense, as player A has done nothing wrong, and the fault lies with player B, who misheard player A's words.

My suggestion is, at the very least not add any slays to neither players, as the issue could be technical on player B's side and not done on purpose but the fault just simply can't be put on player A for doing nothing wrong.

2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Theres no reason to make it a kos. If the person clearly says "Why is there a kos on Elvis" and someone kos's me or kills me because of that, its RDM.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah. Asking a clarifying question shouldn't fall into that "explicit KOS" rule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

It's already been DECIDED you FUCKIN IDIOTS maybe you need a BETTER MIC or HEADSET

REEEEEEEE

5. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

I agree that it's dumb to slay people because of this. I actually do that a lot, because some people don't have good microphones and if I say something like, "who did you kos, dadly?", it shouldn't be my problem that someone koses Dadly. In fact, I feel like whoever koses a person for that is just abusing the rules. It's an rdm that will go unpunished.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

After considerable thought, and talking to others, I have come to the conclusion that the standard I follow is heavily contested and in fact of minority opinion.

I always to my best to act only in the best interest of our community. With these things in mind, I will be discontinuing this ideology, and seeing to it that any other staff that have been trained this way stop handling it as such.

We will be doubling down on the rule that KOSes must be explicit, misheard or not. In these situations, the person who confuses the question or statement for a KOS will be the person who is slain.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.