Approved Sabre Shark's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Sabre Shark, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabre Shark

Sabre Shark New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Sabre Shark
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:1:25312991
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I got banned for ghosting, even though I was alive when I pm'd a detective to KOS a T, (I also pm'd the two other detectives and an innocent that was proven - this was not addressed)

That T being inside the T room from the start of the round on Highway and I wanted them to roam. (Which is less likely if they know they are kos'd)

I explained this to the mod (Peach) but was banned anyway. Logs would have shown my time of death and the recipients logs would have shown when I sent the message.

After this I was not questioned more, it seemed to be resolved until I was banned abruptly.

(The detectives and innocent being, alot of something? al(ex.. Enemy of something and Agent A, isn't Agent A a mod? If so they would have known I was still alive if they checked their logs) - I dont recall their full names

For the record I am not new to the server, with like 200hrs? (probably more) on the server with no mod/admin issued bans to my recollection.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    Upon reaching this stage I realise I should have screenshot the logs but I closed my game to start this appeal.​

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Tagging @Peach to handle the appeal.

3. Peach

Peach sweet c: VIP Silver

Hey, I've seen this appeal and will be typing up a proper response ASAP. Please be patient.

4. Peach

Hey again @Sabre Shark. I banned you today on Vanilla after Enemy Rule-Bot told me that you had used the !p command to message him round changing information. I asked him to send me proof and received this screenshot. You can see in the screenshot that you messaged him in private chat saying "kos oof". We talked very briefly about this in-game when I asked you your reasoning behind messaging Enemy shown here. You gave the same answer as to what is stated above in the original post.

I understand the logic behind wanting to tell someone to kos a T without alerting the T, however according to our rules this is ghosting.

Here is what is stated in our Extended rules.
    [​IMG]

Now, it has come to my attention that you have already been warned in the past for a minor ghosting incident. I just want to ask you, do you see now how what you did was ghosting? If I reduce this ban will you be more careful to not ghost in the future?

5. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

• Do not post in Ban appeals that you are not involved in.
    "This includes (but not limited to):
    • Giving away the role, location or status of another player to a living player while dead/spectating.
    • Informing a living player that the last T/inno/D is AFK or how many of them are still alive while dead/spectating.
    • Informing a living player that you died before your body was found and IDed.
    • Giving the location of dropped or planted T/D weapons, C4, Tripwires, etc."
    The extended rules also say that the information passed by sabre shark would only count as ghosting if they were dead/spectating. While alive, as sabre is said to have been, any information, game-changing or not, would surely not be considered ghosting since it could be passed in public/game text or voice chat obscurely, or even openly, to the same effect?

6. Peach

Yes, Sabre was alive at the time the messages were sent. You are correct that the information could have easily been passed through an in-game chat. However as Sabre stated above, he didn't want Oof to know that they were kos'd, so he used a 3rd party means of communication. Unfortunately this is still ghosting according to our rules. As the rule states using any third party means of communication to deliver round related information is ghosting.

@Sabre Shark I will leave this appeal open for a bit longer so you hopefully get a chance to see it and answer my questions above. Thanks.

7. Sabre Shark

Sabre Shark New Member

I can see what your view is on it, yes but I personally do not agree it is ghosting - If it is to truely be classified as ghosting and a bannable offence I feel as though as though using any 3rd party method to communicate any in game information should be clearly stated ingame (I never visit the forum), 'but not limited to' is a very vague justification when all the examples are pertaining to being dead or a spectator.

Have you never talked on discord while playing TTT with friends? Have they or yourself ever given positions or kos' while they are alive, or literally anything else pertaining to the game, even something as simple as "Oh dear, I just saw a dude die" on discord etc

If there is a consensus among admins etc I will accept it as ghosting for future reference, I do not feel that it would be a good ruling though.. not being able to say anything game related through any 3rd party method or platform.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  8. Peach

After talking to two Lead Admins about this (@wink and @HelixSpiral) they have confirmed to me that what you did is indeed ghosting. Now I know you didn't mean anything malicious in doing this, but I also know this is not the first time you have ghosted by accident. Ghosting is something we take very seriously here.

That said, I am willing to reduce your ban from the original 4 weeks down to 1 week. Just please be more careful in the future when using means of chat that aren't the in-game text or voice chat. Also, this ban is local to our Vanilla server, so please feel free to play on any of our other servers in the meantime.

If you have anymore questions about your ban please feel free to message me on Steam, Discord, or right here on the forums.

Appeal : Accepted
    Ban : Reduced Not voided

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.