Rejected Rule Change

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Loli-Pop, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loli-Pop

Loli-Pop Active Member

I don't know who made the decision that slurs are okay when they aren't being directed at someone but it was the worst decision ever. Every time there's no mods on, half the server just micspams slurs and offensive media. I'm sick and tired of hearing "N*GGER N*GGER N*GGER STUPID F*GGOT N*GGER" and other shit like that when I'm just trying to find out who the fucking T is. It's migraine inducing and extremely toxic, and for a server that apparently prides itself on dissuading toxic behavior, it's a real treat to see that this stuff is allowed just cause it's "technically not harassment" or some shit like that. I'm done hearing racial and offensive slurs. I'm sick of being called a f*ggot and a n*gger just because I KOS someone. Change this shit back. Please. It's so aggravating and makes me not want to be here.

• Agree x 14
    • Disagree x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Old x 1
  2. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Those same people will just find other words to fill in the blanks to be toxic. It doesn't matter what's written down in the rules, people will still decide to break them. Sorry either way though man.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

"it's a real treat to see that this stuff is allowed just cause it's "technically not harassment" "I'm sick of being called a f*ggot and a n*gger"

Nothing changed, if they are calling you a Nigger or a Faggot then report them on the forums, ask for a mod/staff in shoutbox and they will be dealt with.

The "Change" if you want to call it that only has an effect when someone says the word in a general statement, like what I just did. If they are spamming those in mic or in chat, report them for mic/chat spam, nothing really has changed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Loli-Pop

Loli-Pop Active Member

I agree but this issue is that I HAVE requested mods and I HAVE reported people like this on the forum. All they get is warnings for micspam because shitting out slurs from your shitty mouth is allowed now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

As the late Etika once said, may he Rest In Peace, no bitch niggers

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Loli-Pop

Loli-Pop Active Member

imagine thinking this is funny @Rozboon

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

I mean, it is a little funny....

If they aren't being directed at you or anyone else, mute them and move on. You can also make forum reports for spam and such.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

okay guys. let it be noted that the change to instantly punish those words was made by Opalium when he was given the rank of owner, and that the entire time beforehand things were perfectly fine. the problem with only those two words being flagged as immediate harassment is that we are prioritizing certain slurs over other ones. now you may say that the history behind some slurs is worse than others, which is true, but to the targeted group of said slurs it is still offensive. so, what would happen before we reverted it to how it used to be was that people had free reign to say all other racially or group based slurs, and any target group wouldn’t get immediate consolation of them being warned. however, if they said n***** or f*****, it would be immediately shut down. do you see the problem with that now? prioritizing some slurs over others is very controversial which is often a slippery slope that leads to escalation of situations where it honestly isn’t needed. so, the administration is then given the option of only punishing based off of whether or not it is harassment, or completely censoring all slurs(on the internet of all places). now when you look at both options, both have their positives and negatives. when it comes to punishing based off of harassment, yes people get to say those two words that have been demonized ever since Opalium made the change, but then we are not hit with the conflict of prioritizing some slurs over others. with completely censoring, it would be the job of the staff team to warn and punish for all slurs, which results in funny enough, more incentive to use them because people like to push limits and break rules. on top of that and above all, this place would be operating like Nazi Germany punishing for each and every instance someone users a slur and bans would be handed out like cookies at a bake sale. the problem is that you guys are not looking at the big picture. the thought that we are forever doomed because of this change stems either from said person is too new to know how it was before, or too blind to see past the stigma and initial response of the revert to punishing based off of harassment. like all things, the satisfaction will die down and the overall result will be net positive.

• Dumb Dumb x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  9. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

yo dont disrespect my man's name like that, we both know that aint wait he said

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Loli-Pop

Loli-Pop Active Member

I don't care about priority. Any slur being used negatively or just for the purpose of "haha look guys I'm saying the n word hard r" should be punished or at the very fucking least warned. I've heard plenty others besides those 2. if it's so controversial, then, I dunno. punish all of them? cause they're all shitty.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Loli-Pop

Loli-Pop Active Member

I think we can all privately laugh at the fact that "heehee he said bad word" but this is public. this is half the server shouting the worst things they can think of for the sake of pissing everyone else off. And it works. Why? Cause through some stupid technicality, it's allowed. Fuck all that mess.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

When it comes to censorship of any kind, the only fair way to really distribute justice and not create arbitrary redundancies is taking the all or nothing approach. Give us a list of every ‘offensive’ word, phrase, and piece of symbolism you’d like us to censor. I’m more than sure that list would most definitely differ from everyone else’s in the community. It wouldn’t be fair to limit certain words because they hurt your feelings regardless of the context. If you aren’t being harassed, you can easily ignore it and move on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

So Moderators can also no longer ask people to change topics? Censorship, amright.

• Confusing Confusing x 3
  14. Anonymous1

what? How does this apply to the topic at hand at all?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Loli-Pop

Loli-Pop Active Member

It's not just about me though. Yes, I do take "f*ggot" a little more personal than others slurs but I'd rather none of them be said. I agree, all or nothing. What I'm telling you is that the server doesn't do "all" or "nothing". It just has this dumb gray area that nobody likes cause people just abuse it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Anonymous1

I’m confused at what this grey area that you mention is? slurs are only punishable if it is harassment. that doesn’t seem to be very “grey”. if anything, there was a grey area before the revert because people could say some slurs and get immediately punished and not get punished for others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Loli-Pop

Loli-Pop Active Member

What I'm saying is I don't think people should be using slurs at all. Like, no exceptions. MAYBE "n*gga" because it can be used positively, but even then. It shouldn't be okay to scream racial, sexist, homophobic/transphobic slurs just cause "lol it's funny". Cause it isn't. Using them to harass is even worse. They shouldn't be used at alllllllllllllllllll. At. All.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

I guess I can't talk about that one nigger from mice and men.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Um, you can get punished for saying slurs... I said F*ggot one time and got banned for a day for it, as you can see: https://imgur.com/VHGZmKt

It wasn't directed at anyone, because when I say the word it's never directed towards homosexuals because I have no issues with them. Lets all be real here, no one says that word anymore because they don't like homosexuals, they say it to refer to less than desirable characters.

I don't say anything like this anymore because I'm trying to be good. Just trying to get a point across.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Loli-Pop

Loli-Pop Active Member

I agree but your ban history makes me think this is a regular thing for you so I'm inclined to believe there was more at hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.