Rule change: Picking up T-weapons is not Traitorous.

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by AAAAAAAAAAAAA, Jun 30, 2017.

?

should miggo just fucking stop

1. no, good suggestion miggo keep it up proud of u

52 vote(s)
    75.4%
  2. go to bed

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

aite its like 2am and I'm thinking way too much into this, but being able to kill for picking up T-weapons is fucking stupid and let me explain why.

Let's look at the list of Traitorous act

[​IMG]

Think to yourself. What is a Traitorous act? Why can I kill a person for doing a T act? The answer is because a Traitorous act is something a Traitor does. It makes no sense for an innocent to do it, so it's killable

Lemme make this really simple and explain why these are TRAITOROUS
    Shooting towards players: Generally, when a player is shooting at another player for seemingly no reason, they are a T, because that's the Traitors job
    Throwing Frags, etc: Same as above
    Not identifyting bodies: Counter productive for innocents, as IDing bodies provides useful info n shit
    Calling KOS on innocents: Self-explanatory
    Planting C4: Self-explanatory. People die when they explode.
    Damaging Traitor testers or health stations: Counter productive for innocents cuz testers generally help players and so do HP stations.
    Approaching another player with an explosive prop: Doesn't make sense for an innocent as he doesn't know who's a fellow innocent and who isnt, thus putting them in danger.
    Hiding traitor equipment: Counter productive for innocents
    Entering/Leaving a T room: Generally a Traitor will find themselves entering a T room cuz they are the ones openin the doors.

The whole point of a Traitorous act is to tell the person, that this guy here is a Traitor, because doing what he's doing doesn't make sense for an innocent.

However, let's think about picking up a T-weapon off the ground. We have Detective Triggerhappy looking at a newton launcher on the ground, when Billy bobbinson sees shiny cool Traitor weapon on the ground and decides to pick it up. Detective Triggerhappy sees the opportunity to kill a person for a seemingly ''Traitorous'' act and gets away with typically just a karma loss, or if he got lucky then a Traitor kill.

What I'm trying to say with this clusterfuck of an explanation, is that picking up a Traitor weapon off the ground doesn't say anything about a players role. Everyone wants to pick up a T-weapon because they are fucking cool and powerful.

HOWEVER. That only goes for picking up Traitor weapons. Having a Traitor weapon out would still be KOSable, if you hadn't witnessed that player pick it up, as generally the reason people have T-weapons is through the Traitor shop.

Surely this would create some problems with ''uhh no i didnt see u pick it up i was diagnosed with eye tumors when i was 3'' but honestly come on guys. Whenever I see a person kill someone for picking up T-weapon I see it as really toxic gameplay cuz picking up a T-weapon says as much about a person being a Traitor as picking up any other normal weapon does, pressing E on a weapon the ground is not a fucking Traitors only thing like shooting a Detective in the face is.

thanks if u read dont forget to leave a dumb im going to bed bye

• Agree x 31
    • Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Useful x 1
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Makes sense as you can pick things up accidentally.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

Some people like killing people in gmod, Like when they are a detective and the see someone who is proven with a mp7 they kill him for the sake of killing him even though he is proven.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

+1

5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I +1 this only because it is logical. Anyone can pick up a T weapon once it's on the ground. There is no way to prove that the person is a traitor from simply picking up a T weapon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

Inb4 someone just follows that player until they use or take out the t weapon to kill them. Eh I am neutral on this because its just as easy to not pick up a traitor weapon and most people don't even know who picks up the traitor weapon, or even care who does. Also I pick up t weapons all the time and never have been killed for picking one up in sgm yet :).

Edit: good post btw miggo :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

+1

9. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

So lets not create the rule :).

10. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

+1 It doesnt happen often, and when it does, it is almost entirely unwarranted.

11. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

ofc it'd be really easy to loophole but the few times i've seen someone kill for the reason ''I saw you pick up a T weapon off the ground'' has really riled me up cuz that's just bullshit in my opinion.

At the same time, if someone does see you pick up a T weapon, follow you around and then kill you for it claiming they didn't see you pick it up, this would be a fairly easy loophole to prove with video evidence.

12. As always miggo, good suggestion (y)

13. Juice Juice™

I mean, if they followed you, what's the problem? Why is it even loopholing? Holding out a T-weapon is seperate from picking one up, and even more niche than this rule currently is. If you take it out, the assumption can easily be you are going to use it, rather than the current assumption of if you even have one on you its traitorous.

14. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's loopholing/toxic in the sense that you KNOW that the person found that weapon off the floor, so you know that them having a T-weapon doesn't actually tell anything about their role.

15. Juice Juice™

Aye, by holding an AK is very different than holding a harpoon.

16. nikki

nikki Dutch female gamer: cocky, rude/toxic. VIP Bronze

+ 1 to ur suggestoin and mod app

this rule would be nice, i see this happen quite often and i think its poor gameplay

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. El FLaco Gamer

El FLaco Gamer Ecks Dee? VIP

+1 I suppose.

With 500+ hours with SGM I have never been killed for picking up a T weapon, but I suppose I've just been lucky. Regardless, it makes perfect sense and would reduce unnecessary killings and reduce the # of reports.

18. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

#miggoscoolcampaign
    +1

19. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

20. Tophats

Tophats VIP

i agree
    +1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.