Accepted Round Divider Message in chat

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Moleman, Aug 8, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

(Note: I searched for this and couldnt find anything related, sorry if this is a duplicate suggestion)

Based on a certain recent report, I think there should be an automatic message in chat at the start of every round, something like "Round 6 Start" or similar. This would greatly reduce the number of rdms that happen because players couldnt tell if a KOS in chat was pre-round or not.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

I am 99.999% sure there's one in console

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. cynder

cynder ice queen VIP

there is one in console, but not everyone looks or knows that so if there is a way to alert the regular chat when rounds start, I believe it would be pretty beneficial. Many people fall for the pre-round kos trick, and it recently was used to harass players. This is a good suggestion imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zareaper

Zareaper Lord of the underworld VIP

its actually a really good idea and shouldnt be hard to do

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tybe

Tybe VIP

+1 Was bamboozled before.

6. Moleman

Ohhh yeah lemme check console every round to see if this kos is real instead of just blasting away. You give players too much credit

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

Happens often enough a message like this should exist apart from the demise of RDMers.
    It would also be helpful for determining when a certain thing occurred while staffing so +1

8. Dodley27

Is it really that hard to press a single button?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  9. Tybe

Tybe VIP

yes

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

You do realize chat logs are a thing, and they don't track messages before round start. -1 one button press or 2 button press very complex

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Moleman

I know you havent played TTT in a while, but absolutely zero players check console before and during every roynd

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

The problem isn't staff having trouble telling if the message was sent pre-round or not. The problem is non-staff having trouble telling if the message was sent pre-round or not.

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Do you are have the stupid

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Dodley27

I'm not against the idea but you don't have to check the console every round only when someone decides to do a funny and kos someone pre round you have to open it to confirm

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Pokeben10

Well you weren’t very clear in your OP. You mentioned chat logs, so I figured you were talking about the chat logs that staff have access to. I don’t know of any other chat logs.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Moleman

Seems I wasn't clear enough in the OP. The reason I want this to be a thing is because players OFTEN follow KOSes that were called pre-round without realizing it. And yes, I understand that you can push a button to open console and see when the round started, but is that a way to live?

Not only that, but a ridiculous amount of players DON'T KNOW THAT. It would be SO much easier to just have a message in chat every round, than to have to slay people for making a genuine mistake. This isn't for YOUR benefit, it's for the benefit of moderators and slightly less knowledgeable players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Let me narrate your stupidity

I've gotten on ttt for the first time in 3 months. I have played a couple of rounds before this. The round begins. I see a message in chat that says "Kos Deez Nuts." My heart stops. What shall I do. Shall I risk my life by killing Deez or should I press one single button. My heart races as I figure out what to do. I reach for the button. I start to have a seizure. I end up going to a hospital for a week. This all could of been stopped if only a round start message had been implented in chat. The hospital bill totals 100,000. I decide to never play ttt again. The end.

This is what your acting like happens. "OmG I hAd tO pReSS OnE sINglE bUtTOn Im GoINg tO dIe."

• Dumb Dumb x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Bro I don’t get why y’all are arguing and honestly believe y’all are arguing just to argue.

This is a good suggestion. It’ll help players understand when the new round has started. Often times I come back from being alt tabbed and the round will already be active. I scroll through chat and see if any Koses have been called. Sometimes I don’t see that the kos was called preround which ends in a slay. Annoying? Yes. Preventable? Also yes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. firemac

firemac Mac N Cheese VIP Silver

+1 Really it would just make it easier if it's easy to implement since as said a lot of people don't know to check console.

20. Pokeben10

• Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.