!respond

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by 4sea, Aug 10, 2017.

1. 4sea

4sea VIP

Would it be possible to make the !respond command invisible?

Please bear in mind that the main reason for requesting this lies in a debatable 'grey' area, and besides common sense I have no further proof.
    I would dare to state that it is very common for Innocents to report one another for RDM while it is far less common for a traitor to report another traitor.
    Using that statistical fact I automatically think that a person who uses !respond (to reply to a report sent in against them) during a round, will very likely be an innocent who got reported. So when I see a person type !respond I am quite certain that they are innocent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

i mean, another thing for this could be:

traitors can see when an inno is typing, thus making them more vulnerable to traitors who can put 2 things together, that writing a report response makes you unable to move and shoot and act in any way, basically.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Death

Death May we meet again. VIP Bronze

What do you mean see? I have never seen this happen. :-:

4. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

Can know approximately*

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I'm going to start typing !respond as a traitor now. Honestly things like this only go to further the strategy of the game. Typing !respond doesn't make you proven, nor does it mean you're responding to a report, people can use to get more info if they want to, and it's all just another part of the game since it goes both ways. I see no reason to make it invisible, but at the same time I see no reason not to, so I'll be neutral.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. 4sea

4sea VIP

I have yet to see someone besides me use this in a tactical way, or see this as a tactical advantage, however I was aware that people would start using this in that way.
    However that only proves that there is a certain advantage to using it in that way, confirming my hypothesis.

7. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Just wait till you die to respond to reports lmao

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

They could be answering a report that was placed on them about damage for a previous round

9. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

This should not influence your decisions ingame at all.

However, worst case scenario for this is that it will remove something un-needed from chat and make it that little bit easier, so it get's a +1 from me. It's a minimal difference though considering the volume of chat, but it wouldn't be a bad thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

this is perfect. expect to see me using this strategy more often, as @Graze said.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Silly

Silly Fantasy VIP Silver

As a traitor you can use this to your advantage to confuse players ;)

Edit: Oh Graze said this ignore meh

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 4sea

4sea VIP

At the very least it seems like I made people aware of this, so I can start using it as valid plays to confuse people. Ensuring people actually see the tactical advantage of it now :D

13. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

It should be hidden just like !report regardless of ingame meta. @Opalium

• Like Like x 2