Report system

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by BlueGalaxy, Feb 12, 2017.

1. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

We should implement a report system into the minecraft server and why this haven't been done yet is beyond me.

2. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

A report system?

It has the same method of reaching staff as our gmod servers - just prepend your message with an @ symbol.

@I need help

3. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Do you honestly think that is enough for the minecraft server? A simple @message?

4. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

The whole idea of this thread is to sprout ideas for a report system. As you can see from my previous suggestions I am not very good at making suggestions.

5. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

The mods are getting some tools soon that will better enable us to intervene in situations (look at Amatsu's recent report, it would allow us much more we can do in that scenario, for example). But yes, admin chat is more than enough to get a staff members attention and if there are no staff on we have a forum for reports.

That being said, I do think a report system could have a place. I think on our GMOD servers players are comforted when they get notifications about a report being handled. Like this one: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/proreports.11443/

Would also allow staff to work on reports without collisions (two staff working on one thing when there is no need).

@irritatingness @Deathbyrussian @Disruptionz thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sage.

Sage. VIP Silver Emerald

What purpose would it serve that exceeds the forum's report system that's been established? Seems a bit redundant.

If you mean in terms of harassment and the like, with a staff member at hand, that's always been handled without the official report system in-game on Trouble in Terrorist Town - I presume that's where your idea derives from - instead, the player would just inform the staff member present. It's worked well enough.

What would be its benefits?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I think that may just need to be better communication on staff part to be honest. Maybe a simple "Got it." in staff chat would be fine.

• Like Like x 1