Invalid Report against Voca

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Bork, Apr 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bork

Bork VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Voca
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    East 1
    Which Map:
    Office
    Which Round:

Time of Occurence:
    3:40 PM
    Reason For Report:
    Voca apparently began to decide to exercise his powers based on his own virtue signaling rather than what the rules have spelled out, kicking me from the server on my T round. I had the name "Heart Condition Floyd", which regardless of what facts you accept or decide not to accept, is not an offensive name (https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/us/derek-chauvin-trial-george-floyd-day-13/index.html) I will not be engaging in this conversation, nor did I attempt to at any point while on the server. As far as I could tell, no one did either. As such, the name was not directed at anyone on the server, as I'm pretty sure the name I took belonged to someone that doesn't have the ability to play TTT. Additionally, if the conversation had actually happened on the server, it's the right of any player to have that conversation in a respectable manner and only punishable if it were to get out of hand (trolling/harassment). As per the rules, I see no rules broken aside from Voca abusing his admin powers in an act of virtue signaling. There have been far worse names on the server which have been allowed. One at the time being "urmrgay", which could be construed as anti LGBTQRSTUV. If this is truly an issue, maybe create a new rule against any sort freely bringing up any topics which may cause booboo feelings, otherwise, follow the one's currently listed.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

@Voca the reported @Jabba the Slut his superior

please have a little patience while voca gathers his evidence and responds

3. Bork

Bork VIP

Gotchyu fam

4. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Have seen this will respond later with the evidence.

But the least I can do is inform you.

So a few days ago I had a Similiar case where someone used the name "Derek --- Did nothing wrong" It was imediately brought to attention by others, and they were asked to change their name. After discussing with other admins, including Jabba, it was agreed upon that names, where the point is to bring controversy about the case, are treated as Innapropiate/troll names.

When you Joined with that name, at first I didnt know anything about what your first name ment aside from Floyd.

But @Pierogi was the one who brought it up and asked for it to be dealt with @j3kawesome was the one who took it upon himself to take care of it, however he froze before getting to it. So I was asked to take over where he left off.

You then changed your name to Heart Decease Floyd, asked if it was okay, I told you know, its still refferencing floyds death and the controversy surrounding it.

You told me that you refused to accept that and didnt change and that you would report me if I kicked you again.

So I did and here we are. but hey at least I didnt ban you for a day like protocol says.
    I thought you were just being a lil ignorant so I gave you a chance.

Evidence will be posted later.

5. Bork

Bork VIP

Ignorance comes in where I have no idea what your personal interpretation or interpretation behind closed doors of the rules are. Per the rules themselves, as they are written, without further clarification, I broke no rule. If you mean ignorance in regards other stuff, I believe that giving into people simply feeling "offended" or "scared" of having conversations is incredibly ignorant.

6. Voca

The ignorance part was simply for you ignoring what you were asked to.

Innapropiate/ Troll names, can be clarified as names thats going to cause Disturbance or in this case Controversial Topics.
    I dont have any personal opinion in the matter.
    I simply asked you changed away from an innapropiate usage of name, thats all.

7. Bork

Bork VIP

You did, actually. You tried to claim that the name was "inaccurate" because it was "proven" that he did not die of a heart condition, which is beside the point, as I never stated that he had. I had to inform you that he did, in fact, HAVE a heart condition (based on medical expert testimony) though I was trying pretty hard not to engage in that sort of conversation, which you seemed to create your own disturbance/controversy about. Any such thing that was caused as a result of my name would have been based simply on feelings, which is indicated in the rules as not being enough.

8. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

I am going to hop in and comment here - at least on my end I was able to issue a warning before my game froze and crashed but I do not have a screenshot of it due to this error

I am not going to argue the cause of death here, but the name that you chose to use in game was a name that’s can and has caused lots of controversy. As per the quote from Voca we were in the right to issue a warning to change your name and further actions if deemed necessary. We have punished/warned people in the past for names around the controversy of George Floyd and will continue to do so because that is what they cause, disturbances to the server and arguments around controversy

9. Voca

So as you seem to have forgotten. You were the first one to start claiming his cause of death.

I simply said to you that it was Innapropiate/ Trollish, to where you responded that its a factual refference to someone who died to his own conditions.
    Which I said was wrong, cause while the topic was up. I just looked up your first name, aka his condition for a few minutes, where I read the first article that stated a Medical Examiner had testified that the audopcy report showed that the main cause of death had nothing to do with the heart decease, as you stated.

I didnt start the debate, you did. I said it was going to cause debation and controversy on the topic, and so it did, cause you started bringing your debates into it instead of just accepting that you were asked to avoid the topic.

Here is uncut of our conversation from when you questioned the rules.
    https://streamable.com/u12jks

Lets be honest here, whats truely Idiotic here is the amount of times I tried to Pm "Floys"

10. Bork

Bork VIP

@j3kawesome I believe the absolute banning of mentioning certain things because they simply "cause controversy", which is pretty much layman's terms for the topic hurts fragile minded people's feelings, completely takes away the human thing to do which is have a conversation. Furthermore, as described in the rules, no, it is not mentioned in such a way that would make me think being told to change my name was because I was breaking a rule, rather than causing someone to have booboo feelings over a topic they have no standing or involvement in.

@Voca Again, no one had brought up the topic aside from you through PM. I, at no point, claimed what the man's cause of death was. Did the man have the first described drug in his system, yes (this is fact). I didn't say it caused his death nor referred to my name at all throughout my time on the server. Did the man suffer from pre-existing heart conditions, yes (also a fact). At no point did I say that it caused his death. I believe the real issue is the fact that there is an abundance of virtue signaling here with the staff's own interpretation of what the rules pertain to, behind closed doors, without ever actually enforcing the actual rules as they are written.

It's pretty clear that even if you didn't think I was trolling, you are too closed minded, ignorant of facts, or even willing to hear other opinions because you can't fathom that in the real world, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. You sit behind a computer, get booboo feelings, and slam the ban button (probably waving some stupid flag claiming you slapped down some "fash"). Conversation, open mindedness, and humor (trolling or not), create a closely knit and solid community that can be free to express themselves without fear of repercussions because they understand one another. Only the ignorant, closed minded, and even power hungry will ever have issues with words that come from someone with an opposing view, offensive or not.

Feel free to clear this complaint as it's clear that you lack the mental fortitude to accept these facts.

11. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

This report is going in circles.

tl;dr
    Voca requested Bork to change name for “Troll/Disturbing Nickname.” Bork is claiming this was an overstep of his admin purview.

Imma lock this thread until Jabba can get to it.

12. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

That name would fall under our inappropriate/troll name protocol. It is absolutely unwelcome on our servers and I commend my administrator for taking action against it.

Report Invalid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.