Completed Report against Urisk2

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Lucifer, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

You know I've seen a lot of staff hear gunfire in a room and they just go in and shoot the person just shooting the wall or something.

2. urisk2

urisk2 ~Rawr~ I'm a polar bear VIP

Enemy below despite how obvious i may have made it, what i did was not traitorous and this was a kill on suspicion.

Also never ending its a poor idea to accuse a mod of manipulating data within a report with such a weak basis as you are attacking me personally.
    Here is the logs of you being shot by another player (with a different side arm than my own mind you)

Attached Files:

3. We're still missing that shot log bro. I'd bet good money that you discharged your weapon at Demonic.

4. Lucifer

So let me get this straight: You blocking somebody from getting in a room where people are getting killed (detective) Isn't a Traitorous? And also, we are getting a bit off topic We are forgetting about the Kos. You killed me for the KOS Which I called off. People including you said its not allowed to call of or something. But I've seen tons of staff call of their KOS "Event horizon, Carned, I also think Bobasawr, ..." What they get VIP because there are staff? They don't get a punishment?

5. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I'm not going to comment on a majority of the topic, just the KoS portion.

"No" is not an acceptable means of calling off a KoS. Ever. In most cases, KoS's are irrevocable, you probably won't get slain if the called person doesn't get killed - but if they do, you probably will.

If you want a little more protection, you need to specify who and what. "No" is unacceptable, it says nothing to me. Are you saying "No" to someone talking over voice chat? Your "called off the KOS" portion of the argument is unusable. Next time saying something like "I'm revoking my KoS on urisk2" or "urisk2 is no longer KoS'd by me".

6. Lucifer

I've seen staff members and community members just say No. They know what we mean. We all know if you say No. After a KOS it means don't kill him. That's currently a fact on the server.

7. Thorn

Thorn A Thorn in your side. VIP

for this to have been Guilt By Assosiation, he would of needed to have seen the act itself occuring. And from lookign at the video evidence of this provided by Demonic Hell just shows that Urisk was just spamming a door and preenting others from getting in. Demonic This slay is Valid. You did not witness the act occure, nor did you see that the body was unidentified. You just saw a body that was it. It may have been identified or may not of. Point is the KOS you called was False and as a result it got Urisk killed. So again the slay is Valid and this report is INVALID. Have a good day.

8. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

But, the deal with calling off a KoS is that if the victim of your callout dies due to your KoS you get slain. Being more specific in calling it off gives you more of a chance everyone reads it and understands it. And in some cases, a troll who acts like they didn't read the KoS get's identified and dealt with.

9. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Unlocking the report so I can add to the discussion and get feedback from @Demonic Hell, @urisk2, @Thorn, and @Enemy Below.

If urisk2 was inside the room where the detective died then it would of course be guilt by association. Even if the KOS called is questionable, as a staff member, he would be better off not slaying for it. As in many cases with myself, if I am killed and the RDM was not blatant or intended, I simply tell the player why what they did to kill/KOS me was wrong or questionable. I almost never slay for RDMs against me and I believe that staff should follow a similar morale.

Without knowing more of the situation, it appears urisk2 falsely slayed demonic for a KOS which appears to be a legitimate KOS by association.

Also under no circumstances should a staff member threaten to slay in the middle of a round. I agree with Enemy Below that it can be seen as an abuse of power.

10. He was not in the room at the time of the murder. He was directly on the other side of the door spamming it closed.

11. Enigmatica

That's a very questionable one that would probably require more input than from just one person. I cannot say with certainty that it was a legit GBA or not without knowing the full situation. You obviously used quite a bit of logic to determine that urisk2 was an accessory in the crime, but a generalized situation cannot really be made to cover this specific example. This is an example of a situation that isn't covered by any of our rules, but does follow the use of logic. Had I been in Urisk2's position, I would commend you for your use of logic and not slayed you.

In this situation urisk2 should have contacted an admin/higher up for his or her opinion on the situation before deciding. This is a very tricky situation, especially for one person's opinion to be the deciding factor in the report.

12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

My question is that if you're claiming Guilt By Association, why did you call off the KOS? That doesn't make any sense; it sounds like you're just using GbA(which this wasn't) as a back up(excuse) to get out of this situation.

13. I'll totally agree that we went off the deep end as far as written in stone rules went. We've got two videos on the front page, showing two different perspectives. That is the best I can give you in regards to situational awareness.

For Mango, I can't speak for Demonic, but I'll interpret how I think his logic was going.

Murder Happens, Urisk locks/spams Door, KOS by GBA called, Second KOS called, Demonic knows this is on shaky ground, calls it back, and Urisk still dies. The big thing in this report is if the initial KOS was warranted under the GBA rules. If so, whatever Demonic did afterwards was moot, and the slays unjustified. If the slay was justified, I feel that we need to have a long and serious discussion over GBA rules.

I don't have a vested interest in how this plays out besides the rule precedent. I wasn't slayed or impacted by this, I was just there to see how it played out. But I do use GBA quite a lot, and how this is ruled upon will directly result in how my gameplay changes, and how it will affect countless others.

14. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

The thing that makes me question his two reasons for filing a report was the fact that his initial reason for filing the report was because urisk2 slayed him when he called off the KOS; there was nothing that had to do with GbA in the initial report. Then, a few posts later, it seems that he tries to find another reason why the KOS could have been legitimate and called that it was GbA.

The only time you can kill for door blocking is if there happens to be C4 in close enough proximity where you can hear the *Beep* rapidly enough to know it's going to explode soon; that would mean it would have to be faster than the initial *beep* rate when a timer is set for 45 seconds. The logic there is that, if there is staff online, you have plenty of time to type @stuck and have a good response from a staff member; unfortunately, if a mod is dead, they have the extra step of !fspec'ing themselves and finding a place to bring you.

Urisk would have been GbA had he been turned around to see the event and still did nothing. Your field of view is not amazing in video games, being that it almost eliminates peripherals, and the reason this wouldn't be GbA is because he is not witnessing it; there are players that play with no sound, and if it were them in this situation, they wouldn't have even heard shooting. For situations like that, you cannot KOS someone for blocking a door while someone is committing a traitorous act behind them, that you can witness, but not them.

15. Enigmatica

There are also oblivious traitors that don't always see their t buddy going HAM or innocents that aren't paying attention, and having no sound puts you in the same situation. I'm sure an innocent would open the door to investigate what happened or at least mention something going on in there and allow someone else who wishes to investigate go in and do so instead of blocking the door.

16. Mango, if you'd watch my video you'd see that Demonic does start down the GBA path. Also, since when is it our problem if players have an incomplete game? If they can't play to the full potential to the game, should we be forced to play at the same level?

Edit: I see what you're saying about the thread. I'm steering it towards GBA, because if it was GBA (As Demonic started down in the video), the entire situation is moot.

17. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Hello Demonic Hell,

urisk2's slay on your was justified. You claimed it was an accident, but you can never fully revoke a KOS 100%. You later changed your story to say that he shot you and that was essentially reinstating your KOS on him by claiming that. However, in the image presented by urisk, it is obvious that he was not the one that shot you.

Therefore, you report has been deemed Invalid. If you require further consultation in regards to this case, or would like more explanation on situations and how best to prevent these cases, feel free to private message any Admin or myself.

Yours,

POP STAR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.