Invalid Report against ThatAintFalco/Jabba the Slut

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by shia laboofer, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name of Staff/Player:
    ThatAintFalco/Jabba the Slut
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    ^^
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:40833279
    Which Server:
    East 1
    Which Map:
    Dust
    Which Round:
    3?
    Time of Occurence:
    8:35pm EST
    Reason For Report:
    Falco RDM'd M-Man who was afk but M-Man happened to be a traitor. I knew that M Man had been afk so was surprised to see he was killed in spawn. After looking at the bodies being found in the top right I made the decision to kill Falco for killing M Man for no reason. I didn't see that M-Man was a traitor but I knew Falco killed him for seemingly no reason (which was correct). And his randomly killing the afk started the chain of rdm by me.

Now if this was the extent of the situation and I had gotten slayed for killing Falco because I didn't read that M-Man was a T..then fine. I'll take that slay despite him rdm'ing the afk, it wouldn't be worth the effort to fight it.

What really annoyed me was the blatant lying and misinformation about the situation when I was handed my slay.
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....870/1CFC040A8B20A2B3B6D01FAEF9C263AA493103AB/

"Grace period had passed"
    No it hadn't. Falco killed the afk within 40 seconds of the round starting as shown here: imgur.com/a/Gi8rWrO

"Besides you didn't see him kill them anyways"
    Yeah I didn't. But I was also standing 15 feet away, heard one gun firing (Falco's AK), heard a body drop, saw Falco ID'ing a body, and watched him come out of the spawn. That clearly falls under common sense. You would have to be a toddler to not know Falco killed someone right there in spawn.

Then to Falco's defense. After seeing the reason for my slay, I corrected Jabba by saying clearly the grace period hadn't passed because the round just started. So my assumption is Falco lied to Jabba initially about why he killed the afk or Jabba just didn't research the circumstance at all before handing a slay. Either way, that is just ridiculous. After saying this, Falco then backtracked and said "I killed M-Man because he was standing by an unid'd". M-Man was tucked away in the default Dust spawn. The unid'd was Dr Bonkers who was headshotted by a rifle by Sindre from far away and on the other side of the map. Dr Bonkers was on the ramp leading to the left side of the map and definitely out of line of sight of M-Man. Therefore there was no reason to kill M-Man because he 1)was afk 2)could not see the unid'd.

I do not have pictures of the bodies but maybe there's a deathcam floating around.

I have never made a report because it's not worth my time but slay happy moderating with no intent to find out what happened just ruins a lot of good times​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. Kyuu

Kyuu The True Trap of SGM VIP

3. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Hey shia, you seem to be confused about what grace period means. After a player has killed/ID'd a Traitor, there is an allotted five seconds of "grace period" to allow for confused players who have not realized it was a traitor who was killed to kill the person who killed the T.

This period of five seconds had expired when you killed Falco. Of course this is irrelevant because you didn't see Falco kill M Man anyway, which you admit in your post. I only added it to your slay reason because if there are more than one reasons for a kill to be RDM, I like to include them.

[​IMG]

Falco killed M Man at 00:36 and you can see five seconds later at 00:41 you had no yet taken action.

But yes, as was said in the slay reason, you did not see Falco kill M Man anyway. I do not have video evidence at the moment because OBS broke for me with its most recent update, though that hardly seems necessary, as you admit to this in this report.

You killed Falco on suspicion. I'll let my admin finish this. @Irish

4. Thank you for clarifying on the grace period rule. I had never heard of it before now; I assumed you were referencing the period of time allowed until you can kill an afk. My hesitation was because I was 1) waiting for Falco to emerge from the spawn 2) trying to figure out who he had killed by trying to read the top right.

This was not a case of killing off suspicion, however. I without a doubt, despite not seeing Falco kill the afk, had every reason to know Falco killed M Man based off of common sense which I detailed above but did break this grace period rule you mention.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  5. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

You heard a gunshot. This could have been a radio. Suspicion. You hear a body drop. They could have been sniped from afar, could have been stabbed and the T teleported away, they could have killed themself, etc. Suspicion.

6. All within 36 seconds of the round starting? And seeing Falcon emerge reloading his AK which I just heard? Seeing Falco ID a body (albeit misreading and not seeing that M Man was a T).

Either way, it doesn't really matter anymore. My main issue was with what I had thought the grace period meant. So it's all good to be locked.

7. Irish

Irish SGMs Residential Frog-min VIP

Heyo all, I’ve seen this and will get to it after school and i’m sure @Peach will too! thanks for your patience

8. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

Retagging @Irish as Peach said he was supposed to handle this.

9. Irish

Irish SGMs Residential Frog-min VIP

Hello, sorry for my delay in getting to this!
    Your reason for reporting is due to the fact that you thought you were lied too after getting slain for killing @ThatAintFrankenstein.
    As you figured out through this report and comments the grace period isn't "overtime" which is the period where you can kill AFKs but it is, in fact, the 5 second period after a person has killed a traitor in which they can be killed by accident (not knowing that the killed player was traitor), Although this wasnt made clear to you in-game but there was no mishandling of the situation in-game by my moderator @Jabba the Spooky Slut and for that reason I'm going to mark this report invalid. If you're still confused you can read the extended rules to clarify anything further. feel free to start a conversation with me here on the fourms, or on discord.
    Thanks again!

-Irish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.