Invalid Report against SithMaster

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Elvis, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Name of Staff/Player:
    SithMaster
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    N/N
    Your Steam ID:
    N/N
    Which Server:
    West 2
    Which Map:
    Havent a clue
    Which Round:
    Hvent a cluea
    Time of Occurence:
    11:00 PM EST
    Reason For Report:
    My T buddy, Sith, Player A, and I were all in a room. My T buddy, decides to shoot player A in the head and try to run off. Directly after, and I mean literally not even half a second after, Sith koses me and kills me and my T buddy. I type in the report "I didnt kill him, and you gave me no chance to react to anything. Cant call GBA." Guess what he does? He calls GBA. I spoke with im in both the server and TS (of which wasnt anything but him saying the same thing over and over again), and he said "I am not required to give you time to react just foryou to shoot me in the head".

I am reporting him bc the fact that he is calling GBA is borderline abuse of the GBA rule and its bullshit.

I hope there are no hard feelings after this, but I expected you of all people to actually slay yourself in a situation like this.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    I already told him ill see him on the forums so he should have everything ready by now, including deathscene.​

2. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Tagging @Sith Master and @Highwon for this report. Please be patient for their replies, thanks.

3. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

I have seen this report and will respond once I have finished staffing.
    @Kyogre @Opalium

4. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

Hello @Faeranduil Venmys, thank you for taking the time to report me on the forums.
    To my understanding, you have reported me because you did not believe GBA was a valid response. With that in mind, I will now walk through my thought process as to why it was a valid kill.
    As you have accurately described, the four of us were standing in the large open room on community pool. Your traitor buddy proceeded to shoot player A in the head and then attempt to run away. I killed you for "GBA" because you directly witnessed a traitorous act occur, yet you did not shoot the player who committed it. I also killed the t buddy due to the aforementioned traitorous act.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see from the second screenshot, you made no attempt to kill the player who happened to be your traitor buddy. According to the extended rules, this is a defined case of GBA.
    [​IMG]

When I witness a player pass by an unidentified body, I am not required to give them the time to go back and identify it. This same concept applies to GBA, there is no rule which states I must give you time to react in some way. I will await the verdict from @Kyogre or @Opalium since I currently do not have a lead admin.

5. Elvis

From where I was standing, to where I was looking, I was unable to do anything about anything in the situation given. You know that. Where are the logs? Wheres the report? Those will how just how much time you actually gave me. You are intentionally abusing the GBA rule right now.

EDIT: HELL, the first screenshot even proves I was unable to even see anything! As you can see, I was facing a full 90 degrees to the right of Largo, unable to see anything that he was doing.

6. Elvis

Oh, id like to point this out, since you decided to quote the GBA rule.

"The act of being near a player that is committing a traitorous act and doing nothing about it". I was unable to do anything about it, since you gave me no time to do anything. You instantly started Kosing and shooting me.

Im not trying to be a dick here, but you are CLEARLY abusing this rule.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  7. Sith Master

You have already admitted that you were standing near your t buddy when player A was killed. These two screenshots show that you witnessed the traitorous act and the unidentified body.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the logs that pertain to this report:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, another mod was handling the report against me. There is no required amount of time that I have wait before witnessing a traitorous act is considered GBA.
    Please await the verdict to this report.

8. Elvis

You know for a fact that I could not have witnessed anything.

Im gonna go at this piece by piece.

You actually expect me or anyone to believe that I could have witnessed the act, and done something about it? In the milliseconds that you gave me to react? And now you are bringing an unidentified body into this? You actually expect me or anyone to believe that I could have Id'd the body in the milliseconds that you gave me?? Are you actually being serious rn?

As you can see, you gave me 0 time to react to anything going on. Not to Largo shooting Sephy, not to the unidentified body (which id like to point out is a bullshit thing to bring up and at this point i think you are just saying shit to try and cover your own ass here), and definitely not to you shooting me.

No, there isnt a required time that you have to wait. But, let me quote the rule one more time. "The act of witnessing a player committing a traitorous act and doing nothing about it". You gave me 0 time to do anything about it. You are abusing the GBA rule.

9. Sith Master

You were standing near your t buddy when they shot player A. In the context of TTT and the rules, you did witness the traitorous act occur.

There were two seconds that elapsed before I killed you for GBA. In a quick paced first person shooter such as TTT, that is more than enough time to react to a situation that is right next to you. There is no way to measure each person's unique reaction time in order for GBA to be considered adequate for everyone.

I have presented all of my evidence that is relevant to this report. There is no need to continue thrusting accusations and debating points with no evidence. Please wait for the verdict of this report.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  10. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Hey @Faeranduil Venmys

After reviewing the report and the claims of both of you, I have come to the conclusion that Sith is correct. His claim for GBA is valid and justified, even if the time frame in which everything happened is very short. There is no time limit that a player must wait before taking action against another player due to GBA. TTT is, after all, a game that is based on speed and quick thinking. There are many players who are capable of reacting to whatever happens around them in less than a second, and this reflex is what would've caused many players to act immediately and not wait around, risking themselves just to allow the other side to react. And again - even if not every player is capable of reacting this fast, the killer is not obliged to wait or give them the time to do so. Speed is a core aspect of TTT and those who are not quick enough must the consequences sometimes.

Therefore, I am going to mark this report as INVALID.

Thank you for your time and sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.
    ~Opalium

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.