Invalid Report against Sinz

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by LostInBooty, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostInBooty

LostInBooty Member

Name of Staff/Player:
    Sinz
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:63860201
    Which Server:
    West
    Time of Occurence:
    Around 8:30 PM PCT
    Reason For Report:
    Unfortunately, i couldn't get visual proof on the Staff member i AM reporting becuase my Console can't re-track it. AND idid NOT acknowledge that the KOS was called off. I didn't mimick it or do anything thing that may make someone think so.

So, i'm playing TTT on West1 and my first game of the day. A player is called kos using the ttt_radio bind. I then kill the player for being CALLED KOS. The user reports it then i give valid info on WHY he was killed which is becuase he was KOSd. Then Sinz slays me for RDM?

Later on i posted what happened in the Shoutbox for ptherplayers outlook on the situation. Most people agreed it wasn't RDM but Sinz did? According to the RUles and other staff members i have spoken with ALSO agreed it is not RDM if someone is called KOS,once a KOS is called it can't be removed! Sinz then gave his outlook on what i typed in the shoutbox. He said it wasn't a random slay, so i then told him i would do the same thing in return to show that he was being Biased on the situation.

Next round on West1 i used the TTT_Radio bind and then said "Sinz is a Traitor" I then afterwards said "Sinz is Innocent!." Which is ECACTLY what the person said when the KOS was called on the person i killed which i was slain for. I personally feel i was wrongly slain and i wouldn't have written the report if Sinz would have not slain me, as the person who called KOS was slain this wouldn't be a issue. But since Sinz did not slay this person and he ONLY slayed ME i feel osmething need to be done.

I know this is a word for word situation, but please take this for consideration as this Staff Member, IMO has broken a rule.
    Thanks for Reading.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Witnesses: Opii, Kindle, Kenny, & The booty (THe staff witnesses)​

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Hello LostInBooty,

As we explained this to you many times in-game, KOSes cannot be removed due to the fact once it's called the entire server can follow it. But in this case, what you did is acknowledge that the KOS was called off, by acknowledging that KOS was called off you are not following a KOS and simply put killing someone without reason. Players can misclick their traitor callout keys or falsely call KOSes and they are held responsible, but why should someone take the blame when someone else fully understands that KOS was called off? What logical sense would that serve? You backed your reasoning with "KOSes cannot be called off" in other words you said "I wanted another reason to kill someone". This is a prime example of a loophole troll and will not be tolerated. If you wish to be an everlasting member of this community, please abide by its rules.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also I did not slay you when you called the false KOS on me, @Kindle did since I cannot handle my own RDM reports with staff members online. He will also provide his input on this report.
    [​IMG]

4. LostInBooty

LostInBooty Member

You slayed me when I killed someone who WAS called KOS.

5. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Acknowledging a traitor callout has been removed and continuing to follow it will result in your punishment. And this is what I am trying to explain to you.

6. ThatBox

7. Yawn.

Yawn. Previously known as Kindle, Books, Pages.

Thank you very much for taking the time to make this report, LostInBooty!

However, I am sad to see how you are leaving out some very specific details.

The key detail you left out, is that you stated you knew that the KoS was called off yet still killed him for it. Which validates the slay, as per a Lead Administrator's decision on this matter which I also previously posted in the shout box.

You also left out the fact that you claimed, publicly, that you were going to target @Sinz and "teach him a lesson". It is this, combined with the fact that you false-KoS'd him the following round, that I took over the report from our Trial Moderator. Which is when I issued the slay for you false-KoSing him, not Sinz which you claimed in your report.
    Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 11.45.15 PM.png
    That a screenshot of you claiming to teach him a lesson by doing the same back to him.
    hit me.jpg
    That a screenshot of you purposefully calling a false-KoS, resulting in his death the following round.

I'll let you kindly know that this combination of loophole RDMing, and borderline harassment is unacceptable in this community and will not be tolerated; as shown. However for your safety and to ensure this report is handled without bias, I will leave my Lead Administrator @Event Horizon to determine the outcome of this report.

8. LostInBooty

LostInBooty Member

But the thing is, as i SAID. Once a KOS is called it CAN'T be removed. I was TOLD this by SEVERAL other Adminitstrators.

9. LostInBooty

LostInBooty Member

ANd i didn't NOT say i would teach him in lesson, in-fact i said that i would do the same thing in return to see what would happen and SHOW he was biased.

10. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

The reason once a KOS is called that it can't really be called off is because we can't expect all players to know it was called off. If a KOS is called on a player, even after it is taken off, yes you can technically kill them. Moderators can't punish you for that without a word from their admin or a higher up. However, as administrators, we have discretion within the rules as you can see here. What good does it do your team if you kill someone that was accidentally called KOS? Sure, your odds of randomly getting a traitor with it is about 25% but is it really worth betting those odds? And for what? A player to lose their round to an accident? By acknowledging the fact that the KOS was called off, Sinz used his discretion to punish you for wrongfully taking someone's round away. Sinz realized that the KOS was called by accident, and while a moderator would have had to slay the player calling the KOS, Sinz also realized that it would be unfair to slay someone for an accident like that.

I hope you understand our point of view here.

11. LostInBooty

LostInBooty Member

@Event Horizon You're very correct, it WAS in fact a RANDOM slay. And a accident on HIS part.

12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

LostInBooty, once a KOS is called, it can be called off, however, if a player does not acknowledge/see the call off and carries out the KOS, then the person that called it is held responsible. On the other hand, if the KOS is called off, but the person that carries it out says, "No, you can't call off a KOS"(showing acknowledgement of the callout in some fashion) and carries it out, then the killer is held responsible for following a KOS that was called off.

I'm not sure if saying, "Okay KOS<player>" is considered showing acknowledgement or not. By the looks of it, Tyrone could have actually confused the player that it was an active KOS with saying "Yes" after Sinz said "No."

Edit: Unless there was something that happened in voice chat.

13. LostInBooty

LostInBooty Member

So you acknowledge a KOS which was called, but RIGHT AFER i called the KOS i then clarified Sinz as a Inno. Which is the same scnenario as when i was slain.

14. DocFox

You're missing the point, man. If someone acknowledges the KOS and the call off and carries out the KOS, then it is RDM on the killer.

If someone calls a KOS, and removes it, and the player still gets damaged due to it, because someone did not see the call off, then the person that called it is slain.

15. ThatBox

No it is not. As the player that killed Sinz never acknowledged that the kos was called off.

You did acknowledge that the kos was called off and still killed mferra32.

16. DocFox

That's the thing, I'm not sure if the "Okay then...KOS mferra32" was showing acknowledgement to the initial call off or the initial KOS or Tyrone's "Yes"

17. LostInBooty

LostInBooty Member

The QUESTION is, how do YOU know the person who killed Sinz acknowledged the KOS? How do YOU know it was in-fact NOT RDM

18. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

When I private messaged @LostInBooty "Are you acknowledging that the KOS has been called off?" he responded saying "Once someone is called KOS they are permanent KOS." as you can see in my Chatlogs spoiler. This shows that LostInBooty knew the KOS was called off and he continued to follow it.
    Acknowledgement is when someone knows the KOS has been called off by saying something in chat or voice along the lines of "You can't call off KOSes! KOS <player who had their KOS removed>". This is loophole trolling and unacceptable.

19. LostInBooty

LostInBooty Member

Actually @Sinz If anything, you TOLD me the KOS was removen. I never mimicked ANYTHING that SAID i knew the KOS was called off.

20. DocFox

Okay, I didn't know if that was after the fact or if he was confused by Tyrone's input on the situation between your "No" messages; possibly him believing that Tyrone was saying "Yes" to the KOS and he never called it off. But, @Tyrone Niggums could actually have some input on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.