Invalid Report against ryanhighman

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by smiggles, Sep 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smiggles

smiggles New Member

Name of Staff/Player:
    ryanhighman
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:1:98415725
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:35672324
    Which Server:
    Vanilla 2
    Which Map:
    Some floating boats map
    Which Round:
    Round 1
    Time of Occurence:
    10:18 roughly
    Reason For Report:
    He shot me, I turned around and shot him, he got mad then had his buddy throw a slay on me to make it look legit. Straight up admin abuse. Claims that I couldn't have possibly known he did it even though he was the only one up there at the time, the weapon matched the damage and the sound, and I just saw him behind me before I turned back around and received damage.
    https://i.imgur.com/cUaM3in.png
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Everyone on the server except those two mods.​

2. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Alright so this is the first report between you and me:
    [​IMG]

Here are the logs that show when I hit you, and when you shot me before I killed you:
    [​IMG]

And finally this is the deathscene that shows you completely turned around when I hit you. Common sense doesnt apply here since there were more people up there, and someone could have been ladder stalling at the top of the ladder and ducked down:
    https://streamable.com/ydtjv4

3. RyanHymenman

4. smiggles

smiggles New Member

except there wasnt someone stalling at the top of the ladder, not when i turned around and not after i got damaged. face it dude, you got caught shooting me, then got mad cause i did something about it.

5. RyanHymenman

This seems like its gonna turn into a back and forth so after this Im just gonna let Ashes take care of it

Its not the fact that there was someone there, its the fact that there could have been someone there. As our extended rules say, you must have "100% certainty" that I commited a T act to kill me off common sense. This means that there must be no scenario possible where I wasnt the one who shot you. In this case there are several:
    • The guy that was up there with us could have shot you
    • Someone could have ladder stalled and ducked down right away
    • Someone could have been on the edge of the balloon on the far side and dropped down so he wasnt visible
    All of this and the fact that you were engaged in a gunfight when I hit you, and didnt turn around for several seconds, makes common sense totally invalid.

TL;DR
    You didnt know I shot you. You thought I shot you.

6. smiggles

smiggles New Member

That standard is far too restrictive and under those pretenses, there would be almost NO scenario where you could harm someone in self defense, especially if you got shot in the back. Anything could be possible, under this interpretation, you could never justifiably turn around and confront someone if you got hit in the back, even if they have the exact gun, positioning, and all other circumstantial evidence aligns, which is a standard nobody holds nor should hold. Maybe you should re-evaluate the rules if that is the case.

Let the higher up admin solve this dispute.

TL;DR
    I didn't just guess that you did it, I used basic logic and a rational understanding of the circumstance to reasonably conclude *Correctly* that you did in fact attack me.
    Saying "Anything is possible" isn't a valid defense to shooting me in the back then claiming RDM when I defend myself.

7. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

Righto so looking over the evidence provided by Ryan here, I see no issue with how this report was handled.

Generally how we operate is that you must have 100% certainty that it was clearly them before acting on a "t act". If you're unclear or have even a shred of doubt best not to act on it as that's just killing on sus.

The deathscene pretty much shows your intentions here on how you turned around. Also the position you are in, you could have been shot from ACROSS the map from the other blimp. Plus the deathscene showed more than 1 other person.
    Common sense can't fully be applied here due to how open that space is and the amount of ways someone can just get out of the situation via the ladder or by just moving off the top via any of the sides.

With that being said, this'll be short and simple.

I'll be marking this as invalid.
    If you have further questions/concerns, feel free to PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.