Invalid Report against ptownslayer21

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by rsancho23, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsancho23

rsancho23 New Member

Name of Staff/Player:
    ptownslayer21
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Your Steam ID:
    Which Server:
    West 2
    Which Map:
    metropolis
    Which Round:
    last round
    Time of Occurence:
    5:45pm
    Reason For Report:
    I was playing as a detective, where i saw a player shooting in the general direction of another player. I watched and then took a shot when they stopped moving. I saw another player in the area towards construction and from my angle saw the barrel from the victim of my "rdm" aiming towards that person. I then told this moderator the situation and to watch the DS but did not change the ruling. After talking on mic, they changed the reason of the slay to different reasons in response to my appeals (as shown in the images). They then added another slay to me when i kept telling them why i shot and why i was not wrong to kill them. I was very firm on my statements, and this moderator displayed a clear act of abuse of power because I was arguing with them, or negligence for adding an additional slay instead of changing the reason.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. rsancho23

rsancho23 New Member

steam id was not found with the finder

3. ptownslayer21

ptownslayer21 i'm better than ryan VIP

I am aware i will respond later. Also tagging my admin @wink

4. ptownslayer21

ptownslayer21 i'm better than ryan VIP

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, but thanks for taking the time to report me on the forums...

So in your complaints was about the first reason, it was because it was for a different report. Reports were backlogged as we had two trial mods training.

Here is the video of the death scene

As you can see you cannot see the afk in the room because of what @The OG Kermit said. All the reasoning for us concluding RDM is shown in the video above. But in case the quality is crap you were not sure he was shooting people thus being RDM...

Edit: To add on, as you stated over voice which I can include if needed you said that there might be people up there with him which is still a kill on sus. Because you are not 100% certain there are.

Tagging @wink to conclude

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  5. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Hey @rsancho23,

Thanks for taking the time to report my moderator ptownslayer21 today. I've gone over all the variables in this report, and will be adding some of my own findings, including a higher quality reupload of the deathscene depicted above.

Above is the video of the deathscene reupload and additional findings I made; I recreated the event in my single player game using half life npcs to depict approximately where the involved parties were standing; The first location I go to is where you, the report player in red, were standing when you made the kill. As I tried to make clear, you couldn't see the afk in the back of the room without jumping, no matter where you were between those two ac units; all you can see is the player shooting towards a wall and nothing else. This is once again confirmed from the position of the afk player inside the building.

Looking over all these variables, I also found one more that was glanced over at first; the afk was holding out a crowbar, which is notorious for increasing one's player-height, which would be somewhat visible from your location and could be a valid usage of tbaiting, if seen. If the slay was just given and kept on the factors shown here thus far, I'd say that would enough evidence to mark this report valid and learn for the future.

This is not the full case however; in voice chat, you further confirmed this was a kill on invalid grounds to the online staff in this video. Your statements imply you didn't know he was there; rather, they imply you killed him more so for the later shots moreso towards the construction site, which were not t baiting in the slightest; just shooting out windows. Keeping the slay was the right course of action here. Our extended rules go over these the topics of t-baiting and common sense in depth, I encourage you to give those a glance to clarify any misconceptions you may have.

Thanks for filing this report once again. I'll admit, my moderator and myself learned a thing or three while investigating this case, and will keep in mind for the future. I see no wrongdoing on her behalf within this scenario however, and will be marking it invalid.

Bless up,

~wink

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.