Invalid Report against player:barbarian / staff:snowflake

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Zen, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zen

Zen Member

Name of Staff/Player:
    player:barbarian / staff:snowflake
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    EU2
    Which Map:
    lifetheroof
    Which Round:

Time of Occurence:

Reason For Report:
    K1 was killed and i picked up his harpoon and said it clearly in voice chat twice. I then pulled out my harpoon not aiming at anyone randomly and barbarian started to crowbar me, i didnt defend myself but he still kept hitting me and killed me. I reported Barbarian but Snowflake said he had reason to kill me since i had a t weapon WHICH i said twice i was carrying and also i didnt defend myself when barbarian attacked me. Barbarian was not slayed and i find this rather unfair.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Heya. Tagging @Snowflake❄️ to address your concerns, and @Noob999 to conclude.

In the meantime while he addresses your report we do have a copy of our rule set available on our forums here: TTT Rules

Cheers!

3. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Hey Zen,

I was hoping to resolve this with you on the servers, I'll respond once I finish my session.

4. Zen

Zen Member

Barbarian just used a death station as an inno to kill me just to fuck with me, more trolling and griefing.

5. Zen

Zen Member

Solid proof yet Snowflake refuses to act as Barbarian keeps griefing.

6. Zen

Zen Member

Barbarian was full hp, the d station was next to a t i had just killed, i was a detective and he used it on purpose, after doing that he mocked me. Yet him denying the act saves him. What a joke

7. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin Banned VIP

8. Zen

Zen Member

9. Zen

Zen Member

10. Zen

Zen Member

A warning shot who hurt Snowflake less than 50 me gets me slayed. First he lets me get abused and griefed by Barbarian, then slays me because rules are "applied" universally. Great modding

11. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I will be writing out my response to cover the situations you've brought up here with relevant evidence.
    Please be patient while I compile and explain everything.

12. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Alright. Since there's a lot of ground to cover, I'll be handling these one by one in spoilers.
    Initially, I will note that I do have some additional evidence (such as proof of damage, etc.), but for most of these situations, they are not relevant and as such I will not include these save for the report by myself on you, see 3.

Please take note of the first two segments, @Barbarian, as your behaviour here is questionable.
    This is the related report with response from Barbarian:
    [​IMG]
    This is the related deathscene:

Since you had a harpoon out and that was his stated reason, he was justified in killing you. Regardless of you proclaiming your innocence and warning that you have it, having it out is no less a traitorous act. Only if you were a detective would you be immune to being killed in this situation. For that reason, Barbarian was not slain for this report.
    Refer to traitorous acts (reasons to kill someone):
    [​IMG]

This is the related report with response from Barbarian:
    [​IMG]
    This is the related deathscene:

You kill the traitor (Restricted) and then proceed to pick up his body and move it away, presumably to avoid triggering the station. We see Barbarian going in and moving around the furniture, activating the station. Going by his health, he was either undamaged or barely damaged.
    However given that he in his response denies having done so knowingly/intentionally, as a single event without history, I did not have sufficient grounds to punish him. I consulted an admin on this before making the judgment to not punish for it. Note, this would never constitute RDM - also note that similar behaviour in the future can be grounds for harsh punishment.

This is the related report with your response:
    [​IMG]
    This is the related damage:
    [​IMG]

Since you shot me without certainty or reason to believe I was a traitor beyond suspicion, your shots at me were RDM. You cannot claim areas and kill/shoot people who approach it. Refer to the extended rules for this clarification on claiming rooms:
    [​IMG]
    Since you were having a bad night with me, I added the custom part to reassure you that I apply the rules universally - regardless of my personal relations, like/dislike, their rank, etc.

I tried my best to explain all of these situations with you on the server and could retrieve chatlogs to show our private messages, but recovering all of those would take more time than I'll let you wait for this response.
    In closing, let me assure you I acted in good faith, following our protocol to the best of my abilities, and observed the rules in all punishments given and withheld. If I have acted out of line or failed to fulfill my duties adequately, then you have my sincerest apologies, as I try my best to make the servers an enjoyable place with fair and, when possible, lenient enforcement of the rules.
    I hope my explanations of the situations at hand helped you gain insight into my actions and verdicts, as well as our rules, which I recommend that you (re-)read. It will serve you well when playing on our servers.

I'll tag my admin @Noob999 to finalize this report and go over the reported situations to determine whether my actions are proper or not.

~Snowflake

13. Zen

Zen Member

All this evidence showing Barbarian was griefing and you still believe you treated me fairly. What a joke

14. Noob999

Noob999 The best Noob around. VIP

Hello Zen.
    Having a harpoon out is a valid reason to kill you, it would only be toxic if he knew you were proven. saying in chat that your proven does not count for anything.
    With the death station he had no way to tell it a was one and has no history of setting one off to kill players. What he did has being noted in his admin stats.
    You cannot claim areas.

Report invalid.
    If you have anything to add please start a conversation on the forum with me but please read the rules first. https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/sgm-ttt-extended-rules.42318/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.