Invalid Report against Lordyhgm

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Chainedlord, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name of Staff/Player:
    Lordyhgm
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:1:156510900
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:18173334
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Which Map:
    Dolls
    Which Round:
    6th
    Time of Occurence:
    2:55 Est
    Reason For Report:
    Admin Abuse​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    I got teleported after killing Lordyhgm which resulted in my death. I did not break any rules by being on the lamp within line of sight of everyone and their fucking mother.

In addition to this there are no props on dolls, but even if there were the rules state as follows,

*Prop surfing is allowed as long as you're still in line-of-sight

I understand the lamp is not a prop but the scenario is the same. Someone on a prop would be floating above the map within line of sight of everyone, the same way that I am literally at the most vulnerable spot on the map. If this thread gets marked as Invalid and locked, clarify the fucking rules.

https://streamable.com/n0uu4

Thanks,
    Chris

@Lordyhgm @Pacifist

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  2. Kyuu

Kyuu The True Trap of SGM VIP

Tagging @Lordyhgm and her lead admin @Pacifist
    Please wait while they gather their evidence

3. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

I didn't pay attention to who killed me, I'd been told you were on the lamp , checked it, and teleported you to a safe location. I'll try and throw in my recording, but I didn't do anything special or out of protocol here. Tagging @Pacifist to wrap up

edit + based on your comment "I can be killed", you can be killed anywhere on a map, our aim when TPing a player is to avoid other players and active dangers and dangerous areas, that was not one.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  4. I edited a small portion of my reply, please feel free to read it. @Lordyhgm

5. Lordyhgm

You weren't prop surfing, you'd 'landed' in an unreachable area and used it to your advantage
    upload_2019-11-30_20-35-15.png

6. The rules clearly say using props to access areas that cannot be accessed. There are no props on this map. You're enforcing a rule that doesn't exist. I wouldn't have any issue with this if the rules were clarified as stated in my original post.

7. Lordyhgm

We also include boosting in that, which is what I pmed you to stop. Whether that's stacking on each other's heads, or jump boosts with discombs etc, it still counts and you were fairly removed from the unreachable location.

8. You never PM'd me to stop before taking action and teleporting me.

If you're speaking for the community, then why do you guys not include something in the rules to make it clear and obvious. If this was made obvious in the rules this thread would have never been created. Also as a side note I gained access to the lamp with the use of another persons crowbar and not anything that you included in your reply.

I'd like @Pacifist to read through this thread and make the final decision on all that was mentioned.

Thanks,
    Chris

9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The rules being unclear is the result of a dramatic re-write that stripped away a lot of definitions and clarifications. Often times we think things are in the rules that actually are not. Generally, unreachable areas are areas of the map that are reached through methods other than just jumping. This can include areas where the player needs to discombob jump, prop surf, prop stack, and or use other players.

In this case I agree with Lordy, the lamp is unreachable as it requires you to discombob jump to get up there. While you are still exposed, you are essentially exploiting the map to gain an advantage (you can snipe from up there). Lordy was correct in teleporting you.

I do apologize for the ambiguity in the rules. I will be going through all of the maps we have on these servers and determining which areas are unreachable and compiling a list. Thanks for your time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.