Invalid Report against koishi

Discussion in 'Shoutbox Ban Appeals' started by Xproplayer, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Name of Staff/Player:
    koishi
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    noasdf
    Your Steam ID:
    asfldkjasdf
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    lj
    Which Round:
    lkajsdfaslfkj
    Time of Occurence:
    asdf
    Reason For Report:
    1. [​IMG] A moment ago - Koishi:
      thanks xpoo
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
      thanks xpoo

2. Koishi

Koishi Killer Queen VIP

your skin's pretty thin,
    i don't know how harassment reports work, but if this is my fault, i'll happily accept that, however, i have something in my defense to turn this thing around, xpro has called me something more harassing than i did :
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    so, if this is my fault for calling him "xpoo", what makes it not xpro's fault for calling me "retarded" more times than i have called him "xpoo"?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I stated very specifically that I did not appreciate that insult and you plus others decided to continue to use that insult. You're the one being the dumbass here.

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Additional harassment.

apparently the word "xpoo" is as bad as using the "n word" in xpro's vocab

5. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Report completed. Consider this as a warning @Koishi to not harass or insult Xpro. Further incident will result in disciplinary action.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  6. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Hey @Koishi ,

I want to apologize for how this was handled. At the time of this report with the evidence provided, as well as conversations provided to both levels of upper administration, it had appeared that we had a user who expressed that he was deeply offended by the phrase based on previous history stemming back through his history of the username, Xproplayer.

Before concluding, I would like to mention why this was marked valid in the first place which I have touched a bit on here. Harassment has always been a punishment that we have enforced throughout the history of SGM. Harassment is also a term that can be used pretty broadly- sometimes it is very obvious however there are also times when a player may have certain terms/names that may be surprisingly offensive to them. At first, this was presented to us and appeared to be the case for this situation. Regardless of the overturn of this verdict I do still want to be clear- if a user expresses that they want you to stop making fun of them in some manner then you need to extend the courtesy to do so.

After re-evaluation of the situation however and once we had access to review the full logs, there was a comment that provided context in which brought more light on to the situation we have learned that this user intentionally manipulated the staff team for the purpose of getting users punished.

[​IMG]

This type of behavior is not tolerated. After further discussion @XpropIayer has been talked to and warned for this massive waste of staff resources for the purpose of getting fellow community members banned. Xpro knew exactly the behavior that would need to be expressed to trigger these actions, abused this, and yes- manipulated us. Xpro is on very thin ice with us right now. If he continues to cause issues within the community, he will be dealt with accordingly. This is a situation that we’ll be reviewing further to prevent this from happening in the future.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this report may have caused I hope that this is something that can be improved on the future.

If you have any more questions regarding this topic then please, by all means feel free to send me a message.

~Helix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.