Invalid Report against ink & Agent A

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Will-e, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will-e

Will-e VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    ink & Agent A
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:78482493 & STEAM_0:0:69089132
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:21639516
    Which Server:
    East 1
    Which Map:
    cs_assault
    Which Round:
    Time of Occurence:
    1:15pm
    Reason For Report:
    Neither of these staff members have their sound on and neither knows about my Prop Protection Script for spectators I helped write years ago and then slayed me for something I couldn't have done.

@Highwon I'm Will-e/Pvt. Dodger and we even used steam chat when discussing the Spectator Prop Protections cript. You talked to me at one point about Nightvision goggles and I explained I really didn't want to do that much so I helped clean up a prop script you found on FacePunch and added a 5 second delay and a glow effect to spectated props.

Ink slayed me for "doing damage" as a table but there are only 4 situations where damage is dealt:

1 - Mageneto sticks can give "credit" to the person and they'll take damage

2 - Discombobs can also give credit

3 - Overly heavy or multipart props like the framed pictures on dolls

4 - An explosive barrel is detonated by some means (a few maps allow this to be manually done with fire)

To do damage as a table on cs_assault would have required either 1 or 2 but neither happened. I can image Ink got confused when a frag went off right, tapping the guy for some damage (however not hitting me) before I landed on a guy as I tried to demonstrate to him I wasn't doing anything (he couldn't hear me apparently despite EVERYONE else on the server being able to which leads me to believe the mods have their sound very very low or off or are listening to music).

It's true that Agent A wasn't wrong to tell me to not prop block someone, but apparently he couldn't hear me either as I was explaining, in voice chat, that I was demonstrating the script in action for them because they were falsely slaying me and accusing me of trying to kill people as a prop.

Please tell staff to have their sound up and to check with other staff if they don't know something.​

Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    The fact that props still glow brighter and darker instead of just the yellow glow.

FYI, the glow stays for 5 seconds after a prop is unpossessed and no one can even get in it again until after that to prevent people from raising a prop into the air then letting go to damage people.

The whole point of the glow was to inform live players which props are "alive".​

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  2. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

3. Spookles

Spookles VIP

• Please do not comment on reports or appeals that you are not involved with
  4. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

I was also present, as a trial mod who was training, so I can provide evidence, if necessary.

5. Will-e

Will-e VIP

Please do. What evidence shows me doing damage? Twice mind you. It was a double slay after all.

I will recognize a very very small chance the frag grenade nicked my prop right before I landed and allowed damage, however if that was the case, the speed I was at should've killed him, not barely lowered his health.

Besides that moment there is no chance.

6. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

I am in the process of asking Highwon for more information on this, however, he is not here right now. For the time being, I did warn you for potential scripting people because I don't know whether your claim is true or not because if you're scripting and is not a product of the coding/scripts in the servers, you can be potentially liable for a harsh ban. This created a scenario where it's word vs. word as I was told that you're running a script versus the server is running a script. I decided that a preemptive warning (not official warning or punishment) to stop if you're actually doing it. However, I also warned you for prop blocking as it is and can be considered as ruining the gameplay of that round. However, your friend, Kev-N was also doing the same thing and received the same warnings. I told @ink that if you kept prop blocking people as spectator prop that he should warn you again. If you chose to ignore the warning, you will be banned for prop blocking.

Hence, the logic/reasoning for my actions. As for the slay, I will wait for @Highwon to give his definite answer to this before deciding the verdict for my mod.

7. Will-e

Will-e VIP

1st - This is a report concerning the slays. I told Kev-N to stop as soon as I realized he was still doing it and he did and left. I was caught up in wondering why you guys couldn't hear me. We were gonna play some games as ghost props with full power and pull shinanigans, but if we do it again I will refrain from directly harassing players and make sure he does too.

2nd - I have my mousewheel bound to jump. It's very easy to move props doing that. There were no scripts involved so a "harsh ban" isn't gonna happen. Check any demos you want.

3rd - Yes I was being a dick with my prop, I admit fault with that. Totally fair there. I was trying to demonstrate my script still works but you couldn't hear me so I'm sure I just looked like I was ignoring you.

8. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Hi, Will-e. Thank you for taking your time for reporting me. I slayed you twice for damaging Timo and @DeathShot with props as spectator. I warned you before you did this, and you still persisting in doing so. I have a demo of this, but for some reason the demo does not show you and Kev-N possessing the props as it should. Deathshot said he took damage from it, and I saw blood coming out while you stomped Timo and Deathshot with the prop table. In the demo still, the Timo's hp as spectator gets lighter as you hit him, and blood comes out. The damage logs did not record this damage, and they do not record any damage dealt by spectators; so that would have added up. So, as that time, I added both the slays as valid as you prop damaged two players. However, later you told us that you had a script enabled that prevents prop damage. This claim directly contradicted what my screen showed, and what Deathshot said. I wasn't aware of such script existing, and appropriately questioned my admin, @Agent A about the situation. This was when he came in and accessed it himself. As far as the situation with mic is concerned, your mic was very turned very low and there were 3 other primary players talking over you: Deathshot, Xavier Frost, and ugh,who put you on this planet. While you were talking, I was only able to decipher bits of what you said because of this, and I admitted to you about this as well, I couldn't completely decipher what you were saying then. After this fact, you were talking to other players about how I couldn't hear you instead of trying to communicate with me, so I didn't butt in to stop you from having that conversation, and also not butt in while Agent A was present, as I believed that he'd be in the right to answer you as you specifically requested me to ask an admin about this.

9. Agent A

And I apologize for the warning to stop scripting (if that's the case). I reedited my main statement to explain in more detail why I gave out the warning. It created a word vs. word scenario, and I decided that official warning or punishment is out of reach because we do not have any proof of either sides' claims. It was meant to be more of unofficial warning of "if you're actually doing it, please stop".

Either way, I will be awaiting for what Highwon or the leads (@Opalium or @DieKasta if they have prior knowledge of such) has to say before deciding the verdict for the slays that ink gave you as well as any evidence that ink might have to dispute your claims.

10. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

I reviewed my demo, I myself didn't get hurt, however, Deathshot did complain about getting hurt from the tables. If needed, I can upload the vid of my POV. I myself didn't get damaged.

The only damage I took was from frags.

11. Will-e

Will-e VIP

It's Will-e and Kev-N. (Just clarifying).

So heres the fun part for me. Blood coming out is a separate functionality from taking damage. It happens no matter what, I knew since I wrote the script people who don't know how it works would point it out to me as proof. Timo got hit by a frag I'm fairly certain right before I landed on him., Deathshot was straight up lying. You can't just slay on he said she said. We barely got where he was and he was already at near death from a T fight on the roof earlier. He was scared and lied since he, like you, did not know about my script and wanted a faster response.

My mic is apparently low enough for you not to hear me, but loud enough for literally everyone else on the server to talk with me among 3 other people at the same time, so that's honestly suspect on your volume settings, but whatever. I'll just use @ chat for staff from now on.

12. Agent A

Alright. After confirmation with Highwon, he did confirmed that you made the script where it's impossible to damage people as possessed props.
    Thus, the slays are invalid as there is no way you could've damaged him.

However, I do apologize as we are unaware of such script being used within the servers. I hope you don't hold this personally on us.

Thus, the report on @ink is valid due to lack of awareness of such script being used along with false slays that should have not been issued in the first place (resulted by the lack of awareness of such program/script).

As for the report against me, I'll let either lead admins or Highwon deal with this.

13. Will-e

Will-e VIP

My inclusion of you was because of the not being able to hear anything and thus I felt like I was being threatened when you brought up me "scripting" and "ignoring your warnings" when you were "ignoring" me. I'm not trying to say you shouldn't be admin or say you did something horribly false. Sorry if including you was a misuse of the report system.

I don't hold this personally against you guys, was just an annoying situation as specifically the person who helped make the script.

14. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Hey @Will-e. I'll be handling this report.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here over the difference between what the script you made does and what actually happened. I'll explain:
    Your script nullifies damage done directly by possessed props to players. So, if I possess a barrel and just hurl myself at full speed towards a player, that player won't take damage. This is as intended.
    However, the script does not affect situations where the prop in question causes the player to collide with another entity, like the worldspawn (the ground/a wall) or another prop or even player. This is because in this case, with how Source's physics work, the velocity from the hit transfers to the player, which then "crashes" into said entity, which is then detected as the damage owner instead of the possessed prop. This is something your script doesn't cover, and to be honest I'm not sure if there's actually any reliable way to detect this.

Anyway, back to the report: in the situation stated above, you and a friend possessed props as spectators and dropped yourselves on players, thinking it would not cause any damage. However, with the above explanation in mind, it makes it very possible your drops actually did cause damage (you crashed onto a player from above, which caused them to take damage from their impact with the ground). This also explains the HP loss ink describes and the damage claims from Deathshot. And indeed, after checking the demos provided by both Timo and ink, it seems inevitable that this was prop damaged caused by you, especially if we take into count the heights you dropped on them from.
    Therefore, the slays ink issued to you were justified, and he did not make any mistakes.

Next, we have your claims against Agent. Agent did warn you, but as he explained, this was a simple warning with no consequences. His second warning regarding the prop blocking/harassment was justified (you also agreed with this), so I don't think we need to get into it.
    Last, we have the claims on their sound levels. This is not something I can verify, and therefore not something I can take action against. However, I will be speaking to both of them to ensure they understand the importance of being able to hear the game while staffing.

With all that said, I am concluding this report as INVALID.

Thank you for your time, and have a wonderful day/night.
    ~Opalium

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.