Completed Report against Indy226

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by BobbyBobs, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyBobs

BobbyBobs VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Indy226
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:120422235
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:33511477
    Which Server:
    East 1
    Which Map:
    Dollhouse
    Which Round:
    last or 2nd to last I think
    Time of Occurence:
    Around 10:30pm
    Reason For Report:
    Indy accused me of shooting at people, kosed me in chat and then killed me. I was an inno that round and hadn't fired a single shot. Damage logs showed I hadn't hurt anyone either. No mods were on at the time and the map changed, so all evidence was lost. Wubby was the mod handling the report

Look, I've been playing on SGM servers alot for the past few weeks. I enjoy it and I want to continue to stick around and be a regular. I'm not the type to just randomly shoot at people when I'm an inno. I hope my history on the servers would show that to be true.

I'm not saying Indy killed me out of the blue. I'm sure he suspected it was me shooting at people and acted off of that suspicion. I know for a fact I wasn't shooting, so there isn't any possible way he saw me shooting. Without any kind of evidence, it's my word against his. I want him to either admit he didn't see me shooting and take the slay, or stick to saying he saw me so at least I know he's lying to get out of punishment.

On a side note, it's unfortunate that no evidence is carried over between maps. I would at the very least hope death scenes for active reports would be accessible past a map change. It makes me reluctant to play when no mods are on.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

So Ill handle this. Unfortunately without any evidence there isnt much we can do. Ill hop on the server later tonight to see what I can get

3. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

4. RyanHymenman

So I went into old logs and pulled the damage info for the only round on dolls where he killed you
    [​IMG]

The logs show that he kosed you twice, once at 0:54 and once at 0:55. Damage info shows shot logs for the past 10 seconds. Since you didnt shoot in that time, I'll be adding a slay to indy's steamid, pending me getting a screenshot of the report from one of my mods to se exactly what he said

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  5. RyanHymenman

Indy sent me this video, and admitted that he did make a mistake. I’ll be adding the slay when I get home

6. RyanHymenman

Ok so the slays have been added, but I want to also take a moment to point out some of your behavior following the handling of this report in game.

https://prnt.sc/vc6xd9
    https://prnt.sc/vc6xuu
    https://prnt.sc/vc6xzh
    https://prnt.sc/vc6y5y

This type of behavior is toxic, and not something that we want to see.

I reviewed the handling of the report, and found that given the information, Wubby handled it correctly. Without Indy’s pov, I wouldn’t have been able to add the slay. The reason for this is because in his response, he didn’t say when he saw you shooting, and old logs only show shots for 10 seconds before the damage between 2 players.

Please keep in mind that when staff are handling reports they won’t add slays unless they have proof of RDM. When dealing with last map reports, this leads to cases of word vs word, where without further evidence, action can not be taken.

Report: Valid

I’ll leave this thread open for a little bit to give you a chance to respond to what I have posted, if you wish.

7. BobbyBobs

BobbyBobs VIP

Yeah, I was angry and said some toxic shit. Now, I don't have any intention of trying to avoid rdm slays because that's not the type of player I am. I was trying to show how easy it seems to be to get away with intentional rdm when mods aren't on. I admit it was a shit way of making that point.

Now, since the report was down to his word versus mine, I was upset that his word was the one automatically taken as the truth, considering the logs showed I hadn't shot in the last 10 seconds and I hadn't hurt a single person. Indy has the 3rd worst rate of rdm on the server, according to this thread: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/sgm-ttts-best-and-worst-rdmers-rankings-by-round-slayrate.56338/

I don't think stats should determine whether someone gets a slay or not as that would be a bad precedent. I do think it should be part of the consideration when handling a report with no evidence between two players. Indy lied in his report against me, intentionally or not. The video he provided pretty much proves it. Good on him for owning up to it by posting the clip though.

8. RyanHymenman

Ok so the point of word vs word, is that it never ends in a punishment. Word vs word is treated like a he said she said. We dont take either side, but we also cant punish without that proof I was talking about before. Never did I say I believed him, I just didnt have any proof that he RDMed, so I wasnt going to slay him. Each case is judged individually, and only when we suspect loopholing do we take history into account.

With that, Im locking this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.