Completed Report against Glyph

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Xproplayer, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Name of Staff/Player:
    Glyph
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    no
    Your Steam ID:
    no
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    temple
    Which Round:
    multiple
    Time of Occurence:
    like 10pm pst
    Reason For Report:
    1. Slayed for a common sense kill
    2. ignoring blatant racism
    3. false slays for jihading at round start, then power tripping by saying "i dont have to unban you, i'm not going to unless a lead or admin makes me" and denying unban and serve slays (if they were valid, i was happy to serve them while a report is pending, cause then he can take the slays back) despite my literally no rdm and leave history within years. i responded to 2 reports, typed in admin chat i warned, then left cause i was starving to death​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    ask what you want. glyph should have everything

and heres my yt vid that shows i warned, damagelogs will show when the jihad went off. you can count back from there but im counting a minimum of 5 seconds.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. audrey

audrey batty VIP

Hi Xproplayer,

I banned you for RDM and Leave (1st offense) because you Jihaded spawn on lost temple without giving sufficient warning, killing 4 teammates and damaging a 5th, as shown here:

https://puu.sh/CxsuY/b9db3947bf.png
    https://puu.sh/Cxsw4/3440a027ee.png

You gave about 5 seconds of warning. The current rules state:

https://puu.sh/Cxswq/15bffedce4.png

Considering you only gave about 5 seconds of warning at the very start of the round, and you killed the vast majority of your team, I consider this mass RDM. Moreover, while 3 reports were active against you, you left the server knowing full well that I was on and monitoring the situation, thus earning you your RDM and Leave ban.

I am not required to unban you when you are banned for a valid reason, not to mention the poor way you handled the situation (spamming me with tags, showing entitlement in that you expected to be unbanned.)

https://puu.sh/CxsyL/ac1b025859.png

Finally, as for your "ignoring blatant racism" comment, as you can see here I issued warnings for racist slurs to the players in question:

https://puu.sh/Cxsze/acad2d6056.png

Then later kicked another player I had warned for racist slurs:

https://puu.sh/CxszC/cd8443b144.png

Thanks.

3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

>thus earning you your mass RDM ban.

Uhh thats not what I'm banned for, it says right there "rdm and leave"

Also those logs don't seem right, you can clearly see in my video the jihad was activated at the 5 second mark in the round, so how could it have done damage at the 5 second mark?

As for "leaving with reports" I know how the report system works, I responded to 2, sent an admin chat which covers all open reports, and left, something I've done many times before with no issues.

And you've completely ignored the report section regarding your false slay

And you constantly want to argue and power trip. You tried to claim I had history by saying I had a "late 2018 ban" but that was LITERALLY a meme ban from helix in sept 2018, my last actual ban was july 2018, and karma bans do not count towards history of rdm and leave at all. So I completely disproved you're point and you just dug your heels in further "well it doesn't matter". Not to mention what I saw ingame was you being provocative with some aggressive players rather than remaining cool calm and collected.

All in all it seems like you were a little upset at the server and issued a ban out of anger, not out of logic and reasoning. Something a moderator should not be doing as you do not get any discretion and must approach all situations neutrally.

>(spamming me with tags, showing entitlement in that you expected to be unbanned.)

I said:

I'll serve slays but I still dispute
    Cooking I'll brb
    Remove ban I'll take slays @Glyph

4. audrey

audrey batty VIP

I amended that. It was a typo.

I mean, if you think I doctored the logs, I don't know what to tell you.

That is not how the "Report system works". It says you are not allowed to leave, not that you are not allowed to leave unless ya' just let the admins know. Because what if you did actually RDM and you don't know it? You've just avoided serving slays. Any mods or admins that let you leave with no ban were not following protocol, and I do not have to do as they did.

What false slay? Besides the one I issued for the jihad, which, obviously, I consider valid seeing as I banned you for RDM and Leave?

This is all conjecture and hearsay. If you want to make a report about that, share the evidence, otherwise it's not worth bringing up. Me incorrectly weighing your history doesn't really matter when your ban is completely irrespective of your history anyway.

I'm approaching the situation neutrally; you're asking me to give you discretion by saying "oh, it's OK he left, he let me know!" because that is not protocol. It's not that you don't want me to exercise discretion, just not discretion that negatively affects you. Considering the rule innately has no given timeframe, I must exercise discretion in enforcing it, which I did.

No you didn't. I clearly showed a screenshot showing you tagging me 3 separate times in just a couple minutes because you were impatient about being unbanned.

5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

You can clearly see that the jihad detonated when the clock said 2:53, that is not 5 seconds into the round. I'm not saying thats your fault, but an issue that may make any staff members decisions on jihads inaccurate.

Theres a way the rules are written, and theres a way that things are done. For all the time that I've been here, the latter is followed. People are commonly unbanned when they make mistakes, slays removed, etc. When someone just follows nothing but the letter, its going to affect community health.

Point #1 on the report which you have neglected twice now, the common sense kill on a traitor from earlier rounds.

All the evidence of your behavior is clearly listed in shoutbox. No staff member that lasts a long time speaks like that, because it hurts community health and its just seen as being a prick. Sure any staff member can say to someone "lol u rdmed get fukkin slain kiddo" its not done. Your wording is out of the ordinary, and unless the new leads have allowed staff to have a more lose tongue, this clearly isn't normal.

Neutrally is not the word I'd use given your wording.

I was trying to contact you so you'd know I wasnt trying to AVOID SLAYS which is the entire purpose of the rule in the first place, I'd love to see a lead disagree with me on that.

6. audrey

audrey batty VIP

1. Just because you tell me you're not avoiding slays doesn't mean you aren't. The message still isn't "you're not allowed to leave unless you let an admin know", it's "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE!"

2. The slay was not false. You said it was a "common sense GBA" and the rules clearly state that not following a KOS is never GBA on its own. Just because he came out of an area with a traitor does not change that.

3. I followed what is written in the rules, not your arbitrary, non-staff opinion on what is or is not proper protocol.

4. Your perspective on the way I interact with players is subjective and not really important to this discussion. I said nothing which broke any rules.

7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

1. again, theres a way things are written and a way things are done. I have far more playtime, I know how things operate and what is common and what isn't, stop pretending I'm some non donor whos got 10 hours on the servers.

2. Player gets kosed at spawn, comes out of spawn in a single file line because its lost templed and another player is there. Clearly traitorous acts happened at spawn, and anyone coming down from spawn with him would have been gba / complicit. Common sense. Should I mention my playtime again?

3&4 lol I'm reporting you, its relevant to the discussion because I clearly have an issue with it.

8. audrey

audrey batty VIP

You're reporting me but haven't given any evidence for that behavior. Take screenshots, show what you mean, and we'll talk about it then. Your playtime and your donorship are irrelevant; just because you paid money and have lots of hours doesn't mean you can't be wrong. As for the GBA thing, you can't know for sure what the player in question did or did not see and thus still it is a matter of just "not following a KOS", since you don't know what was up there and can't see if there were any unidentified bodies/etc.

I am tagging my admin, @Lordyhgm™ to handle this matter. Until they respond, this thread is locked.

9. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Hello, thank you for bringing this to my attention, however I will be at school for a few hours before I can properly review this.

- Lordy

10. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Okay, so I was going to write a long spiel about this, but seeing as I've spoken a bit to both of you in private, I can condense this a lil for a report response.

These are the logs of the incident I collected when I hopped on earlier:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see the jihad occurred 5 seconds into the round. From your video, we see you gave approx. 4-6 seconds warning and the jihad occured at 7 seconds in. This discrepancy could be a matter of latency, computing time, different start times, etc.

Irrespective of that, theoretically your T buddies could've moved to a safe location had they reacted in time, thus your warning be deemed sufficient. Unfortunately, without some form of evidence, I can't conclude anything about the false common sense slay. It warrants a separate discussion with Glyph about how to assess such situations.

Finally, the manner and attitude with which my moderator has handled this situation is unacceptable, I will be having a talk with them about how to conduct themselves when talking to members of the community, regardless of when and where. We hold mods above regulars players with regards to behaviour, attitude, and so forth.

You have been unbanned and the ban voided, although I will point out that if you leave with valid reports against you, a mod needs admin disc to not ban you for RDM and Leave. We both know that usually leniency is applied, especially when the reported player remains in contact with mods, but that doesn't mean it has to be.

Also whomst tf kills half their T buddies lol, weird flex but okay.

- Lordy

PS - After further talks with both, I will add that Glyph handled any other parts of this correctly, namely the procedure for dealing with harassing/racist player, and an point of precaution has been given to Xpro for treating other players unfairly.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.