Completed Report against Chris

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Juice Juice™, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Name of Staff/Player:
    Chris
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    West 2
    Which Map:
    Forgot the name. Big plaza, sewers, brightly lit, hidden room above the turtle cart
    Which Round:

Time of Occurence:
    1:20 PM
    Reason For Report:
    I'll let him post the evidence since I didn't screenshot it, but I killed Squeeker melon for placing an explosive turtle down near an AFK player, which is a traitorous act. I stated in my report that I waited until after the Turtle blew up to kill him, (which happened seconds later) to kill him, which apparently makes it RDM, Even though he committed a traitorous act already.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. neutral

neutral VIP

Tagging @Chris. and his admin, @Pacifist . Please be patient while they gather their evidence to address your concerns.

3. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Hello Silent Artemis. I am sorry you felt like my decision on the report against you was unfair.

Attached here is a screenshot of the report in question:-

[​IMG]

So you were reported for killing Squeeker, and he saw no reason for this.

You replied to the report, saying that he had placed a turtle next to an AFK person. However, you then went on to say that you did not kill him for this act, but instead, you said that you had killed him because a turtle exploded while he was looking at it.

I believed that by killing Squeeker for looking at a turtle that exploded was RDM, to which I applied 1 slay to you for RDM.

I will have to wrap this up, as there isnt much to say for such a small encounter.

I will leave this upto @Pacifist to conclude.

4. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I said I waited to kill him until the turtle exploded. This does not change his traitorous act from before. It means that I didn't want to kill hastily, and waited until my suspicions were confirmed on an already valid KOS.

Edit: And by suspicions, I mean my own personal ones. I was already 100% allowed to kill him by the rules. People commit T-acts all the time without being T's, and I don't always kill for them. Nor should you. @Xproplayer was banned, among other reasons, because he would kill on the slightest T act and received many karma bans for it. Now you are telling me that I cannot wait to see if there is any other suspicious behavior before killing off a T-act.

5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Hello Silent Artemis!

I'll try to sum up what my moderator is saying very broadly. We've spoken about this and his main point being that he interpreted your report as selectively not killing for the act of placing the turtle next to the afk, rather that you killed solely on the fact that he was staring at the turtle when it exploded. Call it a crude loophole, but the logic is sound. You claimed in the report that you decided not to kill for a traitorous act, only to kill him a few moments later because he was staring at a turtle when it exploded. The bottom line here was that he interpreted the response as being "I killed him because he was staring at a turtle when it exploded" not "he placed a turtle next to an afk player". The problem we then face here is now we have to decipher what you were trying to say, did you kill him for the traitorous act of placing the turtle or for watching him die by an explosive turtle? It is hard to tell, especially without any further information. He then did what I would have done and applied a slay. Only now do we know that you actually killed for placing the turtle next to the body. Problem is that now it is too late to do anything.

I believe that my moderator made the correct call here, he had two conflicting pieces of information and he decided to act on the one that you put more emphasis on. The problem then is that no effort to make sure that he was correct was taken. He has been talked to about this and I can assure you that he will always get more information before making a call like this in the future. I do not feel as if any more action is needed in this situation. If you have any questions feel free to Click here.

⚜️Invalid⚜️

6. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

@TomCat™ I am sorry that this was mishandled and that the admin presented an incorrect verdict and that my mod falsely slayed you. Your response " He placed an explosive turtle next to an afk player, which I decided not to act upon until it blew up with him looking directly at it." is perfectly reasonable and was misread. You killed him for the reasoning stated in green because you said what was stated in blue. The biggest part is what you said was until, which states in red that you were waiting or you just decided to kill him until after the explosion took place. You are perfectly valid in this response, and I have talked to @Chris. about this report and he agrees. He will be serving a slay for this and I am sorry for this.

Thank you for your time, and I am sorry that this was handled incorrectly. Any questions pm me on the forums and I will be more than happy to help.

Verdict: valid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.