Reply to answers from reports

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by ayygurl_, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yeah!

7.7%
  2. Nah!

69.2%
  3. I don't know.

23.1%
  1. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Hello there!

It's been a while now since I first thought about this suggestion. What is it exactly you may (I know we're in June.) ask? Well I would like to have the option to reply to answers you get from your reports, here's an exemple where it could be useful.

Let's say I report chiken* for RDM'ing me, he then answers to my report by saying that I didn't ID a body! But what if I didn't see the body he was talking about, or to be more exact, what if I didn't put my crosshair over the body and didn't see that it wasn't ID'd? Well yes I need a proof, but let's say I have one, how am I supposed to tell the moderators or even chiken* about it? I'm lazy and I don't want to send a private message to a moderator to explain a bit more the situation of what happend everytime I get reported. The exemple of the "you need to ID dead bodies" is pretty good, since even if a moderator goes to check out what happend using a battle simulation or I don't know how it's called, he cannot always be sure about the fact that I saw if the body was ID'd or not.

In this case, I could reply to chiken*'s answer by telling him that I did not in fact see that the body wasn't ID'd, with a proof obviously. Here's another (real) exemple of where I could have used a proof to reply my killer's answer.

Just so you know, the guy in the video who killed me didn't get slay because I didn't tell the mods about the fact that I didn't see that the body was not ID'd, that's a pretty good case where I could have answered to my killer with the proof. The idea of answering to reports is not all about proofs though, ex: if you forgot to write something in your report etc..

I hope I was understandable, if you have any question(s), leave em' down below and I'll try answering them, thank you for reading my post!

ayygurl

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

I've thought about this a lot.
    It's happened to me that some players just straight up lie when awnsering reports so they don't get slain.
    In such cases it would be pretty nice to be able to reply to that.

But I think that's kinda difficult to implement and balance.
    First of all it would have to be optional so that you can respond if you want to. But you'd have to trigger it by command or sth.
    A window like that of the RDM manager popping up after every awnser to one of your reports would be kinda annoying and unnecessary in some cases.
    And secondly I think it's not so easy to implement for the devs. I'm not too familiar with the coding side of things, but I think modifying the RDM manager itself either won't be possible or leaves just a limited range of options.

I think there is probably already a post about this somewhere. I can't imagine that we are the only ones who thought about that.
    I'd really like such a feature, but as I said... difficult thing to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Well as you said players could trigger the second response pop-up by doing a command or by clicking a little button wich could be at the top of the killer's answer, since it is optional.

I do totally agree with you on the rest of the post though!

4. Just fyi, it doesn't matter if you didn't see the un-id. Passing one is still kos'able.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

If I take the exemple of the video, do you count this as passing?

I didn't even notice the body actually, you know that when you are watching this video you'll see a body, but when I was playing I had no idea about it. It's all about what you are focusing on. But yeah, I don't know if you call this passing or not.

6. Teroxa

Gonna have to agree with that.
    The person who KOS'ed you can't know if you saw the un-ID'ed and chose to ignore it or if you actually didn't see it.

I had to watch the video multiple times to even see the body myself (behind the furnace).
    But still... Protoexon was right killing you. As a matter of fact you passed an un-ID'ed. Doesn't matter if you saw him.
    You could even argue that you are just a pro player with insane reflexes and that split second was enough for you to see him and turn around. ^^'
    It's contorverse, but sometimes you just have to take it when something like that hits you.
    I know it sucks for you... But imagine his perspective. That clearly looked suspicious. He had any reason to belive you are a T.

EDIT: Rewatching the video again I just noticed that you are also near death.
    On top of what already happened, that makes you look even more suspicious.

Btw. I love how you instantly opened the report box and started writing in that video. xD

7. Yeah that is pretty clear. 00:02 - 00:03 watch in .25 speed. It almost looks like you saw it and then moved. Valid kill.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Alright seems fair, but just to clarify he actually checked the body before killing me and saw that it was a traitor, but still killed me, I could have been proven xD. Yes I know it's still KOS'able haha.

Anyway the post is not all about this exemple, and oh well actually my 2 main exemples were both pretty similar and pretty bad, but I also want you guys to think about how this option could be useful in your casual day on a SGM server!

9. The only reason I posted was to clear your misconception regarding the "what if I didn't see the unid you shot me for" part.
    As far as the suggestion goes, I don't know. I don't play anymore and I really don't want to spend a couple of minutes thinking about pros and cons of this only to see it being shot down for silly reasons.
    Good luck to you tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Teroxa

It's a difficult situation. I'd appreciate if a Mod or Admin could give us their opinion on that.

But anyways, as @ayygurl_ mentioned we should really focus on the suggestion rather that on this particular example.
    Looking forward to hear more opinions on that!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Yeah no problem @Magma! That now means that my two exemples don't make any sense since a moderator can easily see on a battle simulation (or I don't know how you call it) if you pass a body or not.

I totally agree @Teroxa! I really need some new exemples/points of view haha.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ah the servers have this new chat window which staff members can open as a dialogue between the reporter and reportee. I'm pretty sure this solves your purpose.
    This chat window is opened on the discretion of the staff member if they deem it necessary that some confusion needs to be cleared or some other scenarios which only staff members are aware of.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Teroxa

It just recently happened to me that someone (Inno) shot me (Inno) in the face for no reason at all. Just straight up RDM.
    I reported him saying that he RDM'ed me. In his response he said that I shot in his direction threatening to kill him. Which is simply not true. I just walked up to him peacefully and he shot me without a reason.
    It would have been nice haveing such a feature in this case.

Maybe that's a better example.

14. Teroxa

I've never seen that before.
    But if there is something like that and it works how I imagine it would indeed solve this problem.
    Can only mods trigger that chat or is there a way for the players involved to do it?

15. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Hey that's pretty cool, but I wish the killer of the victim could also open this chat window! That could solve the problem.
    (It would be basically a chat window instead of a response box for the victim, it's interesting though cause I think it could be useful in more situations since anyone could open it.)

Don't you think moderators can see this in their battle simulation thingy? Thank you for the exemple though!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

If this early morning drowsiness hasn't misconstrued my reading abilities, then I've gotta say this has been suggested countless times and it won't be implemented.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Teroxa

Yes I think they could. I don't know the battlesim too much, even though I used to be Admin for another gmod community back in the day. We never used it, so this is pretty new to me.
    However I've only seen it being used when someone is reported on the forums.
    I didn't bother reporting that guy here, since he soon left the server after he served his slay and didn't RDM anyone else. So no need to investigate further.

I don't know how easy it is to use the battlesim and wether or not you can do it ingame. So even though you could figure out what happened using it I don't think it's used while playing. I think it's a tool for gathering evidence from events that happened in the past like and mainly used for reports on the forums.

Please correct me if I'm wrong! As I said, I'm not familiar with the battlesim and I'd like to know more about it.​

18. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

To give a staff members input, regardless of whether or not you actually see the ID, this report will not warrant a slay as long as you moved by it or near it. This is because all that the other player sees is that you did not ID the body, they dont know exactly what you see, their simple word that you hadn't Identified a body that was clearly visible is enough to not get slain regardless of your evidence. In the end the report will still be word vs word.

Regarding your suggestion, if a report requires for additional evidence, the chat window discussed above is used along with personally contacting the players involved to get more information. It would be cool for you to be able to provide it yourself, but the situations where additional information is needed are slightly few, so adding this isn't a high priority in my eyes. Nevertheless, this is a good intention suggestion, so I see no harm in giving it my support. If you have any questions or anything, let me know, since I only skimmed over most of this thread. Cheers!

19. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Something to keep in mind - IF you ever wanted to discuss with that player in a more private environment, you can always ask the moderator or admin to open the "chat" feature which forces the player to respond in a private chat that involves both parties and the staff.

This option is only available during thr current map the report was on though, so it is slightly flawed but a good option!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Also just a note off this and the example given - yes we would be able to see that and when players blatantly lie in responses (depending on what we can find/see after investigating it) we can see the lies pretty clearly.

• Funny Funny x 1