Rejected Remove the tazer

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Giraffe, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giraffe

Giraffe We take the small victories VIP Silver Emerald

With the changes stated in the patch notes on the 8th the tazer has become a busted item.
    Players do not have to take their full life total as damage while tazed to die.
    Players can collide with objects and other people while tazed and die, sometimes crediting the world.
    Players can just randomly die while tazed (I think this is more them ragdolling against the ground).
    Players already troll with the tazer just shooting people randomly with it
    Instead of losing ten health from players trolling, you lose your life, which isn't fun.

Now, Opal has stated players take 5 damage every second or so due to the tazing.
    This damage however is not recorded in the logs (at least in my testing) which would negate my first point.
    All in all though a tazer on its own shouldn't kill someone.
    Please remove the tazer, at least until it's fixed.
    God bless.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Instead of removing it, why not try and fix it? I would much rather go through some trial and error to make it a decent, and still balanced, item, rather than just remove it because the current version is annoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Seems like an item that's either gonna be bad or too good so +1

4. Giraffe

Personally I don't think the item belongs in ttt.
    I also think it's not fun that the item is more trollish then anything.
    Any time I've played there's been at least one time I'm tazed as a joke.
    And I can't do anything about it because I can't kill the D for it.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

If a D randomly tazes you, you can report him for that. Since the tazer does damage, it would count as RDM and he would be slain.

And I do honestly enjoy the tazer. It adds a cool mechanic. I agree that as of now, its busted, but I would much rather see it fixed rather than removed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Busted. 1+

7. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

I just dont see the reason of having a weapon where the only self defense you have is reporting at the end of the round.
    besides that, If the item is broken in any way, +1 to removing until it is properly fixed. We shouldnt keep things on the server if they are broken, cause ppl to die(when thats not the intent) or cause people to crash.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Giraffe

Yeah but that doesn't effect me in the current round, which I care about more than him getting a slay for it.
    To be honest it shouldn't do damage at all.
    But if it deals damage to me, I wanna shoot the guy who damaged me.
    Like why should my only defense be reporting the guy.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  9. I'm fine with maybe fixing the weapon so your chances of getting laid isn't suddenly higher then your chances of surviving such an occasion. Like @Falcor said though, it should be removed until then.
    Not to mention you can buy it over and over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

Tazer is a meme weapon, it's fun to use but it doesn't fit the "serious" playstyle that our servers go for. I really don't like it being in the game.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

There's a fix for the world damage issue coming up tomorrow, which will solve much of the issue you are describing. I also plan to remove the 5 damage per second as it didn't turn out as good as I hoped it will.
    We're also reevaluating the place of the tazer rules-wise now that it is a lot more lethal, and it's likely we're going to see some special ruling regarding it which should help solve the grey areas about it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Liked it at first but now it's kinda just annoying. Died like 4 times from being tazed randomly and then the world killing me.

Tazer itself is kind of an OP weapon if you think about it, good thing it doesn't hit 100% of the time and only has one charge. Like damn, stops people instantly, then you can sit there shooting at them until they get up and kill them quite quickly. Or use a frag/ incen on them.

But yeah, don't remove it completely, it's quite useful. Just make it to where you can't use it as a troll weapon and annoy the fuck out of people.

13. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.