Remove the AK from vanilla

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Dapper Cracker, Jul 7, 2020.

?

Yes or Yes?

1. Yes

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

lol someone made a thread like this in the past, and it didn't go through. Most people are fine with the AK (I think?). Just let it be. It's not going to be removed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

but what if, it was just a T weapon like most servers

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

+1 to coin. Necessary T wep imo.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Great evidence, showing someone who can't aim as evidence for the shotgun. And then showing a generic shitboxes video for the rifle. Quite sad

• Like Like x 1
  5. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Not a very good poll when both options are yes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Dapper maybe instead of flaming everyone who is disagreeing with you, push and make counter arguments to support your idea. It doesn’t look good for the idea you post when you immediately attack others.

That being said, Imma have to -1. I generally use the rifle/deagle and am frequently able to put down AKs. It’s also about playing to the weapon you have. Stay at a longer range with the p90 and rifle. Mid range with the p90 and m16. Bring it to close combat with the ak and shotty. Even the mac10 has its uses. Close range you can quickly take out a single player. It’s not designed to mow down crowds.

Adapt to your weapon and maybe switch it up depending on the environment.

EDIT: There will always be a stronger weapon. So the argument that the ak is the strongest weapon and that’s why it should be removed is flawed. By that logic we would keep removing the top weapon until we are all using pistols. Yeah that might take it to the extreme, but it gets my point across.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  7. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. angie

angie VIP Silver

I do agree with this also may I add, putting AWP back in the shop maybe (i don't remember if its a vanilla D/T item, I just know it was in a lot of shops of other servers too)
    But since these weapons have been around as semi-normal drops on some maps and in the loadout for so long, most vanilla players will dislike such a change.
    I do think change's to make the server better/fair are necessary but said changes need to also appeal to the player base. Without a happy player base your server suffers.
    I'm all for just keeping the AK in general but also wouldn't be mad if it was put into the T shop given how strong it can be.

Also,
    -1 shouldn't get rid of the AK entirely on Vanilla

9. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Having the AK47 in loadouts is a very intentional incentive for donators who only play Vanilla.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Like, even if this is 'trolling'
    How are you angrier than I am.

As for something useful, maybe putting 1-2 AKs in normal weapon spawn, sorta like double barrel on modded?

11. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

The AK's spawns on most maps already. I believe the only few without a AK are seriouscraft, B5 minecraft and B4 city.
    I believe all the new maps have (limited) spawns for AK's.

I would personally still donate without a AK in the shop as it still holds the various other guns such as: Galil, Aug, Famas, MPS navy and AWP (if i got all of them from vanilla).
    Outside of that the donation still gives me unlimited microphone battery which i like cause i sometimes talk a lot.

Maybe if we had something else to replace the AK most people would still donate.
    But that raises the question to "what".

12. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

pretty sure they spawn in the cave you have to dig out and maybe near the shotguns by the water

13. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

No.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

AK users should know better than to get into a small room with a shotgunner. Most all maps have areas where the AK will thrive (such as going to the basement on Motel, rather than the tight hallways/rooms upstairs).

And people who scout are usually either bad or can easily be evaded by strafing, and then tapped with the AK from a distance. Even up to Nuketown yellow vs. blue roof distances.

The "situational" nature of this can go both ways. To say "shotgun beats ak" is just wrong lmao. Unless you get one-tapped (which AK users shouldn't be that close to shotgunners anyway) there's no reason an AK should ever lose to a shotgun.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

cant avoid it all the time, ts also just walk at you with a shotgun and you cant just shoot someone for walking at you with a shotgun so
    "just keep your distance" you say, we both know you cant do that at all times on every single map and therefore ak gets beat out by shotgun due to how easy it is to close distances between players, separate targets from groups and its high chance to 1shot

all guns thrive somewhere, remove all guns?

im not bad so idgaf about bad players, every argument that involves a bad player doesnt work bc you shouldnt be balancing/removing guns to cater to the bad players, they just need to get good

shotgun beats ak

the ak shouldnt be removed nor should it be locked to the t-shop, it should be re-worked. it rate of fire should be slightly slower and its damage should be lower. imo 2 hs/4 bodyshots shouldnt be enough to kill, it should be 3hs or 2hs 1 body/5 body, while that might not seem a drastic enough change to the ak you have to keep in mind that the lowering of its rof decreases its dps and then lowering its damage on top of that should balance it out more

i can agree that the ak is overly-strong compared to the other shit weapons on vanilla (majority of them should be buffed and ak should be nerfed,) but people shouldnt cry for its removal just bc theyre not good enough to handle it in its current state

16. I mean look at me (Also cause I'm an attention whore) I'm dog shit at this game and you don't see me crying about the ak. Its all situational, as stated above every weapon has a chance to shine somewhere, even weapons like the mac 10 and m16 can be quite useful if you figure out your playstyle with them.

17. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I agree with the sentiments of many people
    But
    Let's not lie, the only situation where a MAC isn't the worst choice is if your other choice is an empty rifle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

he is stopped responding i guess the community won against this guy who doesn't like the ak so much they want it removed. since i dont have vip or anything, i just stick with the shotgun lol. ive killed plenty of ak nerds and i dont complain about the ak as much as you do lmao

19. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

If you're going to rule out bad players, then anyone decent enough at the game should be able to crouch jump around and significantly lower the probability of being 1-shot... and should also be smart enough to stay out in the open, again, with an AK, where you could at least trade the kill with someone or a group watching in the off chance it happens.

You simply can't rip a group of people like you can with the AK. So while the shotgun might be good at taking down 1, maybe 2 people, the AK can do the same exact thing and so much more.

Did you completely miss the part about it being "situational"?

Server is fine as is, I never said it should be changed and I never said the AK should be removed.