Remove images from Discord shoutbox

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Python~, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

I mean no one wants to know how tall and wide an image is before posting it

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I am neutral on this because I do not use the discord shoutbox lol.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Then why comment you bloody fool! lmao

4. Adlactor Nell

upload_2020-6-7_19-32-33.png
    upload_2020-6-7_19-32-42.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

In shoutbox, normally it resizes the image to a reasonable length and width, and you can click to zoom in. On discord, it just posts as original source length and width, I assume. Most discord's don't let you post media in the general chat for this reason. At least make discord the same as shoutbox when it comes to media, because I don't see the benefits in it's current state. Unless the people saying no and rating dumb have a genuine benefit of discord's method to contribute?

@Jabba the Slut @Highwon @Lordyhgm

6. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Discord shoutbox always resizes it. I don't think I've ever seen an image obnoxiously large, even when it's those super long pixel types

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

forum sb has no height limit
    the images in discord aren't even that large, even if they are just scroll past them

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  8. Python~

That's not an argument, nor is it a benefit. Is "just ignore it" your solution for everything? You must be really good at your job.

9. Adlactor Nell

rather then removing it, there could be a system implemented for those who are trusted enough to use them if you really want to limit the amount of images posted in the sb

10. Python~

Again, not a benefit or a reasonable solution. How would staff decide who can and cannot use it? At the moment, they would just be inclined to give it to anyone who asks.

11. Cash

It's literally a non-issue to begin with, the images aren't too large and don't even get posted that often. You can always freely use forum SB to avoid uploaded images/block the user/scroll past the images posted

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Adlactor Nell

There would be a set of requirements such as the time they stayed in the server and how much they interact in it such as using vc or talking to people also human has a point, I haven't seen shoutbox filled with images and even if that were to happen the staff would remove it

13. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

I've never had any problem with image sizes in discord neither on mobile nor on pc.

14. Python~

Good for you I guess?

Yes it is a non-issue in your opinion, but it my opinion it is an issue. We did fine with shoutbox for a very long time without needing to post horrendously large pictures and videos. It's not necessary but it would be a very nice QoL fix.

15. Cash

[​IMG]
    this test img is 5000x5000, it is tiny in discord but massive if opened as original

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  16. Python~

Ask fix where the hell he gets his videos then. One example of an enormous imagine being scaled down isn't proof at all. 5000×5000 would not fit on most screens.

17. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

fiz*

18. Python~

[​IMG]

"non-issue" btw

19. Cash

Notice how I didnt upload that image via discord? I posted it on the forum shoutbox.

20. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

you complain a lot lol

https://imgur.com/uubJibb

if it’s affecting your life so badly just turn those settings off on discord